Past players and officials update

geoffjennings79

Premiership Player
Apr 4, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not sure where to put this - mods maybe a thread for this sort of stuff, just move as you see fit....

(It’s from an FB feed I’m somehow connected to, from Paul O’Connor of Past Players)

A sad email from Don Macka Mckenzie...

I was just looking at the pictures of the 1976 3rd XVIII sent by Paul O’Connor with the report on the last breakfast.

You may know this already, but Gerard Ryan who was an Assistant Coach of this team passed away last night. Gerard was a thirds and reserves player and his father (Joey Ryan) a Bulldog player and as coach of the 2nd XVIII.

Gerard was my assistant when Billy Goggin appointed me as coach of the 2’s and 3’s in 1977. In addition, I went to school at CBC Yarraville with Gerard.

Regards

Don

Please raise a glass for one of our mentors and mates, and please pass this on to anyone associated with our great club in 1976 and 1977.

Rest In Peace Gerry, thanks from all of your boys.❤️⚪🔵

ECAC3E26-EC18-44C2-A343-0D21E8B5FBF3.jpeg

Not sure where to put this - mods maybe a thread for this sort of stuff, just move as you see fit....

(It’s from an FB feed I’m somehow connected to, from Paul O’Connor of Past Players)

A sad email from Don Macka Mckenzie...

I was just looking at the pictures of the 1976 3rd XVIII sent by Paul O’Connor with the report on the last breakfast.

You may know this already, but Gerard Ryan who was an Assistant Coach of this team passed away last night. Gerard was a thirds and reserves player and his father (Joey Ryan) a Bulldog player and as coach of the 2nd XVIII.

Gerard was my assistant when Billy Goggin appointed me as coach of the 2’s and 3’s in 1977. In addition, I went to school at CBC Yarraville with Gerard.

Regards

Don

Please raise a glass for one of our mentors and mates, and please pass this on to anyone associated with our great club in 1976 and 1977.

Rest In Peace Gerry, thanks from all of your boys.❤️⚪🔵

View attachment 621199
RIP Gerard . I guess M Egan was the only one that played seniors. Good memories of John Birt coming on in the last quarter to save the game for the ressies

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
RIP Gerard . I guess M Egan was the only one that played seniors. Good memories of John Birt coming on in the last quarter to save the game for the ressies
Jack Dinatale played 11 senior games Fossie. Started when he was 16 in the thirds and left at about 21. Remember him playing in the game when Templeton kicked 15 and it was a record score for that time. Also, Mark Komp 23 games. Remember him for his very ordinary kicking style.

Jack Dinatale played 11 senior games Fossie. Started when he was 16 in the thirds and left at about 21. Remember him playing in the game when Templeton kicked 15 and it was a record score for that time. Also, Mark Komp 23 games. Remember him for his very ordinary kicking style.
Missed them :) Was Komp the one Lou Richards gave the tv set to?

Back