Pat Cummins returns.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if he was, you know their justification would be "we don't need another left armer".

I'm just hoping if he gets a game, he doesn't break down.

If they play Mitch Marsh and Shane Watson, Rod Marsh might as well come out at a press conference ripped off his head on skunk and say that the Shield can GAGF.

cummins has featured in many ads for cricket australia. CA decided long ago he will play and keep playing for australia regardless of form, injury or otherwise. its sad when selections are influenced by abilities to perform in front of the camera eating kfc, playing backyard cricket for CBA etc.

waiting for this reason for test match selection: bowled well in the nets

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, is Behrendorff fit and available?

Just started bowling again with a slightly tweaked action afaik, probably not quite fit and available yet. Don't like the Cummins selection at all though.

Who's fit and has played serious cricket since the end of the shield season(I'm seriously struggling to come up with names).

Don't see who else they could have picked. Pattinson isn't fit. He's clearly got a big future in the game so he might as well be over there. I mean, what would be the point of picking, say, Hastings?

Hastings (lol), McKay (lol), Hilf (lol) and Bird. Bird is not a lol, but he was a bit underwhelming in 2013 and he has been underwhelming over the past year, so I'm not surprised he wasn't picked. Also Rimmington. Who is in-between being a joke and being worthy of a genuine sentence.

The guys in the upcoming Aus A matches are: Cummins (but), Fekete (FC), Sandhu (FC), NCN (OD) & Abbott (OD).

Essentially, there's no-one with a particularly strong case. So they've done the "just pick the best bowler available and forget about the stats" thing which they were doing 4 odd years ago.

Don't see who else they could have picked. Pattinson isn't fit. He's clearly got a big future in the game so he might as well be over there. I mean, what would be the point of picking, say, Hastings?

This is the Ashes. You pick players to win the games in front of you, not because of their "big future". The fact is, there's no guarantee Cummins will get through a single game if he's picked. That is a huge concern.

So who would you pick? There is no guarantee anyone will get through a match. Cummins is not currently injured and has played competitive cricket recently. I'd prefer him to the only alternative that has been suggested so far in Hastings.

So who would you pick? There is no guarantee anyone will get through a match. Cummins is not currently injured and has played competitive cricket recently. I'd prefer him to the only alternative that has been suggested so far in Hastings.

Bird? Sandhu? Abbott? Hilf? Would pick them all ahead of Cummins. We'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel, sure, but Cummins literally hasn't played a FC match in 23 months, and he's expected to step into Test cricket?

Has Cummins actually played that recently?

Coulter-Nile would have played more recently than him.

Also pretty unhappy that Cummins will be running out the drinks instead of playing for Australia A

Remove this Banner Ad

Back