Patchy training report.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 11, 2003
Left of the middle
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
THE GUYS TRAINED REALLY WELL TODAY AND I'M SO PUMPED AND WE'RE GOING TO SPANK ST. KILDA SO HARD THEY'LL HAVE TO TIE PILLOWS TO THEIR BACKSIDES FOR THE NEXT THREE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Just a giggle for those who say I blow things out of proportion. ;) Anyway this might be a bit patchy considering I was on the phone for the entire session and hardly got to see anything. Thankyou very much Aimee for buying a horse for $350,000 and deciding to ring me and tell me all about it. *sigh*

The entire squad trained well and moved freely, from what I saw. I was a bit concerned when Tredders arrived with a bandaged ankle, but he was fine and didnt pull up sore at all. A few injury niggles..

- Roger James spent the entire session on the exercise bikes. Apparently he was just "generally sore" and while this shouldnt keep him out of consideration for Saturday's match, I'll keep an eye out because Toby's "general soreness" resulted in him having OP.

- Brett Ebert has a corked calf and spent the session exercise biking and trying to (unsuccessfully) master the punching bag.

- Brent "Rocket Potty Mouth" Guerra joined Jamesy and Ebo on the bikes for about fifteen minutes. Not sure what happened there, but I'll keep my eyes and ears peeled.

- Not sure whether its a concern, but Rowdy (J. Patfull) left the training track early and spent some time inside talking to various trainers and Andrew Russell.

Now for some good news! Zappa has been able to move his knee freely (as in bike riding and other related movements) for about three weeks. His knee is swelling a little bit but thats expected. So I'll keep you updated.

As for Rapunzel (N. Stevens), who knows when (or IF) he's going to sign that contract. Chocco arrived as he was having his press conference and yelled out "Ask him when he's going to sign his contract." so there's enough evidence to suggest nobody knows what lies where at the moment. If I hear anything I'll let you guys know.

Sorry its crap but I'll do a more thorough report on Friday (if they even train). Will probably see some of you at the Port vs. Glenelg match on Saturday arvo, if any of you decide to go. :)

Guerra currently has a back injury so he will miss at least a week of footy.

As for Nick Stevens and his contract I don't think we will hear too much about this until the AFL work out the Salary Cap for next year. I doubt that Wanganeen will sign anything until this is resolved as well and then put him in the Veterans List. Its the same problem Adelaide is having with Simon Goodwin at the moment although I think their problem has further been damaged with the fact Goodwin will find it hard to sign anything with a broken wrist.

Tell us about the horse KD, does it have a name?

Originally posted by Scott
Tell us about the horse KD, does it have a name?

Its a quarter horse, so she wont be racing it. She shows them and breeds them, and I have a feeling this one will be solely for breeding purposes. Its a mare, so it could be her base broodmare.. the conversation was very hyper and jumbled and there was lots of noise down at Alberton today, so I hardly know anything. I should find out more over the weekend.

anyone else notice the padding on warrens back during the game? i know he has lower back problems...wonder if the padding is helping.

Originally posted by Andre
Seems to be helping with accuracy in front of goal :D

I was going to say that... maybe it's stopping him from leaning back to far!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back