Patersons Stadium (Subiaco Oval) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is anyone here going to the auction?

Few deep fryers? A four metre Pacific Radler poster? Spoons? Headsets from the bench... the actual bench!?

The State Government has appointed a Western Australian contractor R.J. Vincent and Co. (RJV) to carry out demolition of Subiaco Oval infrastructure, following a six-month public procurement process.

The works will remove the majority of the stadium infrastructure to make way for the future redevelopment of Subi East, one of the State's most significant urban renewal projects.

The State heritage-listed entry gates will remain and be incorporated into the future development, while the Sandover Medal walk will be carefully removed for future relocation or reinterpretation.

The site's rich sporting history will be further celebrated by the reinstatement of a playing surface for shared community and school use.

On-site works will start once the West Australian Football Commission and their sub-tenants, the West Coast Eagles, have vacated the site

A community open day is proposed to take place prior to demolition to provide all Western Australians a chance to farewell the grandstands

https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov....d-Subiaco-grandstand-demolition-contract.aspx

Instead of throwing away all of the leftover seating and any other gear why cant the WAFC donate them to local football clubs that could be utilised at those clubs around the state?

The SANFL did this with Football Park (as they did with the aluminium seats in 2003), but many seats still got thrown out as they weren't able to get takers for all of the seats.

Adelaide Oval's old seats were simply demolished however due to the tight timeframe in redeveloping the ground.

Hopefully those lights are going to be utilised by a WAFL club or PFL club???

May be tough depending upon what the ground locations are like (and Perth councils)

Light pollution claims has limited the brightness of a lot of lights in Melbourne suburban grounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wreckers ball is well and truly overdue. The stadium is a flea pit and by far the worst stadium in the AFL. Seating is mediocre to appalling, Queuing for a beer a pie or a piss the norm.
My favourite memory was the first AFL match I went to after I moved to Perth, the infamous Whispers in the Sky match. I was with a few mates all supporting Freo, the ride home was less than enjoyable.

My favourite memory was the first AFL match I went to after I moved to Perth, the infamous Whispers in the Sky match. I was with a few mates all supporting Freo, the ride home was less than enjoyable.
The wreckers ball is well and truly overdue. filezilla uc browser rufus The stadium is a flea pit and by far the worst stadium in the AFL. Seating is mediocre to appalling, Queuing for a beer a pie or a piss the norm.

CD899CFA-2900-4638-B0B9-39D30E83E157.jpeg
And that’s all she wrote for the former home of football in WA.

Mixed emotions for me, I’m happy we’ve moved on to a stadium where I can actually sit in comfort (in the 2017 season I actually started avoiding going to Eagles games because I was so uncomfortable with my knees in the back of the timber seats in front). But at the same time it’s sad to see a place where so many memorable West Coast memories and milestones took place reduced to a pile of sand.

View attachment 793221

Mixed emotions for me, I’m happy we’ve moved on to a stadium where I can actually sit in comfort (in the 2017 season I actually started avoiding going to Eagles games because I was so uncomfortable with my knees in the back of the timber seats in front). But at the same time it’s sad to see a place where so many memorable West Coast memories and milestones took place reduced to a pile of sand.
So are they keeping anything?

View attachment 793221

Yay

Remove this Banner Ad

Back