Pathetic Windies

Remove this Banner Ad

dees01

Premiership Player
Jan 25, 2000
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Today's effort by the Windies was terrible. We all had high hopes of a good test after the game in Adelaide, but this has been a real let down. The batting is woeful. It is agonising to watch Campbell bat. 40 balls to get off the mark in the 1st innings and he still hasn't got off the mark today is just horrible. Bring on the tennis because the rest of the cricket summer is going to be very boring and very predictible.

I thought it was one of there better days of the Test series.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Absatively Posilutely"

Ok, the Windies effort is damn right disgusting. They need some survivers. If Campbell finds form and scores a 100 or over 50, Stuart gets a 50 at least which is out of reach for him, Adams gets a 50 which is quite possible, Samuels to get over 60 runs and maybe to 100 and Jacobs over 50. They then have Dillon who can score and maybe McLean. But that is all unlikely but possible.

The West Indies need to change their line up. This is who I'd have for the next test.

W Hinds
R Jacobs
M Samuels
S Campbell
B Lara
J Adams
C Stuart
M Nagamootoo
N McLean
M Black
C Walsh

12th Man - D Ganga

To me that sounds like an awesome line up. They have capable batters Hinds and Jacobs opening who will do better than Campbell and Ganga. They can also move up Samuels to open with Jacobs and have Hinds first drop. They then have Campbell who I think will do better down the order. Lara can then score quickly and Adams after him will be ideal. Then it comes down to the bowlers that can bat. Nagamootoo is quite handy with the bat.

They need a full time Spinner and Adams and Samuels will not provide it for them. They have 4 pace bowlers and Dillon can go. Dillon only gets out the tail enders and Black is a better bowler than he is.

That is a much better line up and if they have a lineup similar to that then next test will be a good one.

My west indies side would be,
Ganga
Sarwan
Adams
Lara
Hinds
Samuels
Jacobs
Nagamootoo
Dillon
McLean
Walsh

**** it campbell is a has been fifty odd test with an average of thirty two, go sarwan and ganga, better giving the young guys a go. Nagamootoo should of played every test this summer, what is th e point of plyaging four meiocre fast bowlers, my typing is suffering causei am paraletic

After what I did this test having a 60 not out and now in the 30's I should be close to opening as I will run out of partners each time and I am capable of making triple figures.

SpecialBruce, how can you say any side that has Jimmy Adams in it, isnt handicapped from the very start? The bloke may have been okay once, but his knees are rooted now and he simply isnt good enough anymore. He should retire, give the captaincy to Jacobs (the only windie with any fight) and look to the local comp for young kids, with good techniques and a bit of heart.

I'm hoping that Nagamootoo plays in the Sydney test. You would expect the Windies dont have anything to lose and since Sydney usually turns a fair bit, having a 2nd spinner might do the trick

Originally posted by GoEagles:
I'm hoping that Nagamootoo plays in the Sydney test. You would expect the Windies dont have anything to lose and since Sydney usually turns a fair bit, having a 2nd spinner might do the trick

Yeah Nagamootoo should play but you can't read the Windies coach mind but if he was smart he would do something about the lineup and putting nagamootoo in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back