Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

When they jump two feet into the air to do it!

His right arm wasn't extended, it was bracing for a bump. Fact.

The left arm was flapping around keeping his balance as he jumped into the air to clean up a shorter opponent.

He isn't getting off because he ran through a bloke and caught him high concussing him. If it was round 2 you wouldn't care so much.
Great post end thread, no way was he attempting to mark that ball. I don't view it as Crippa contesting the ball, he probably realised as he left the ground he was going to be late so braced for impact, an error of judgement and a bad one for Ah Chee.

no way was he attempting to mark that ball. I don't view it as Crippa contesting the ball, he probably realised as he left the ground he was going to be late
He was not going for the ball but, as he left the ground, he knew he was going to be late to the ball?

Shut the game down now then and let’s all sing Kum by yah with the Greenies around a camp fire fired by Tofu and whatever the hell else does not offend them! 🤣
It's the former AFL players threatening the AFL with class action lawsuits that are the issue, not soccer mums and greenies

What is wrong with having a crack?

Seems this thread is dominated by Demons and Pies supporters and gee wonder why that is??

Pies are the gift that just keeps giving and the quicker the finals exit the better starting with the Swans this week. Celebrating other teams demise is bad karma and the train is coming for you to head on.
I thought it was Carlton who were going to be knocking the Pies out of the Finals race in their round 23 match?

What has changed since we were all being told that?

Last edited:
He was not going for the ball but, as he left the ground, he knew he was going to be late to the ball?
Yes, he braced for impact so was not going for the ball just before or on impact, clear bump.... IMO. If he was going for the mark he would of had his hands out stretched going for the mark and would of in all likely hood not been suspended even if Ah Chee was concussed.

As I said earlier I don't think he is a dirty player, he made an error of judgement, errors of judgement result in suspensions regularly, there are very few deliberate thugs in the game any longer.

No player who plays at any level above G Grade Amateur Reserves would approach a loose ball like that by taking it on the chest.
Obviously it was a bad attempt.

As I've said many times.

Yes, he braced for impact so was not going for the ball just before or on impact, clear bump.... IMO. If he was going for the mark he would of had his hands out stretched going for the mark and would of in all likely hood not been suspended even if Ah Chee was concussed.

As I said earlier I don't think he is a dirty player, he made an error of judgement, errors of judgement result in suspensions regularly, there are very few deliberate thugs in the game any longer.
So he was going for the ball. Glad we agree.

Takes a lot of heart to stand under a ball with a thug bearing down on you
Cripps a thug??? First time the blokes ever been suspended in his entire footy career (including juniors).

Pendlebury had gone his entire afl career with a clean record, up until round 20 this year (reported and fined). Almost saint like I would have thought.

However, based on your assessment of Cripps, I’m assuming this must make Pendles a thug in your mind as well?

You must have lived a very sheltered life if you consider Cripps a thug.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what’s your answer? Why am I repeating myself? Did Cripps get the ball or at least touch it?
Of course he touched the ball. Watch the video.

What's your awesome gotcha here?

Cripps a thug??? First time the blokes ever been suspended in his entire footy career (including juniors).

Pendlebury had gone his entire afl career with a clean record, up until round 20 this year (reported and fined). Almost saint like I would have thought.

However, based on your assessment of Cripps, I’m assuming this must make Pendles a thug in your mind as well?

You must have lived a very sheltered life if you consider Cripps a thug.
Fair enough, he's not a thug generally, but that was a thug act IMO, a rush of blood I'm sure he regrets

Pretty much every player has a regrettable moment at least once in their career and this was his

Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back