Certified Legendary Thread Patrick Cripps and Ah Chee

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a single non-Carlton fan that thinks it shouldn’t have been weeks? I mean, Freo have an interest in Carlton winning both games but theres no-one without navy blue goggles arguing the act was fine right?
Maybe Roylion can elaborate.

AFL is a joke. Ben Long would've got 4 minimum for that. Christ Ryder got 2 weeks for standing still.

What a disgusting decision. Ah Chee is unavailable because he was concussed by Cripps. Cripps is now available to play.

It's not right.

Is there a single non-Carlton fan that thinks it shouldn’t have been weeks? I mean, Freo have an interest in Carlton winning both games but theres no-one without navy blue goggles arguing the act was fine right?

AFL has no choice but to throw out the book and start again, the damage control is gonna be through the roof and hopefully something good comes of it.

Thought he’d get 2, but I’d prefer these incidents to just be classified under a footy accident and be fined if need be. We need to have less players suspended for accidental incidents.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a disgusting decision. Ah Chee is unavailable because he was concussed by Cripps. Cripps is now available to play.

It's not right.

That’s footy. I bet Ah Chee is just saying “so what”. Players get injured it happens. We need to get rid of the thug acts but this wasn’t a thug act it was incidental contact. I still expected him to go as the game has led that way.

What is now unclear to me is how this contest was different to the Plowman on O'Meara contest from a couple years ago:

In contest - both had eyes for the ball (and this was a marking contest), but Plowman was rubbed out (and lost on appeal). Not sure how Cripps gets off when we have that as a clear comparison and precedent

That’s footy. I bet Ah Chee is just saying “so what”. Players get injured it happens. We need to get rid of the thug acts but this wasn’t a thug act it was incidental contact. I still expected him to go as the game has led that way.
I think the AFL has shown enough precedent in recent times that it's not all about "thug" acts. That even clumsy/accidental behaviour will warrant a ban.

His effort at the ball was appalling and took the player out, causing injury. It was a week at minimum, two was fine as well. He should never have been allowed off.

I think the AFL has shown enough precedent in recent times that it's not all about "thug" acts. That even clumsy/accidental behaviour will warrant a ban.

His effort at the ball was appalling and took the player out, causing injury. It was a week at minimum, two was fine as well. He should never have been allowed off.

A week was about right, 2 was way too much and it’s why they need to change the grades this year. Think to most people we’d say yeah a week is about right. 2 way OTT though. It’s not the first over the top suspension this year

A week was about right, 2 was way too much and it’s why they need to change the grades this year. Think to most people we’d say yeah a week is about right. 2 way OTT though. It’s not the first over the top suspension this year
Perhaps they should change the ruling so that intent actually matters?

I actually hadn't seen the footage all week and am bewildered by how he is playing after that. There's no logical reason to even jump there and he's just elbowed him without even going for the ball. If it was a marking contest I could understand but I actually have no clue what he was even trying to do there

interesting, but how there could be an appeal that successfully argues…. “This intentional such conduct will be deemed to be careless unless this the player was contesting the ball and it was reasonable for the player to contest the ball in that way, or the forceful contact to the head or neck was caused by circumstances outside the control of the player which could not reasonably be foreseen.”
He knew Ah Chee was there, that’s why he jumped. He knew he got there late, that’s why he had time to turn “to contest the ball”. How could this NOT be reasonably be foreseen that he would hit Ah Chee high? Farcical.

Love the tricky wording you attempted there. So your contention is that Cripps only jumped because Ah Chee was there and only pretended to contest the ball because he knew he was late? There's some supposition on your part there and the video doesn't really bear that out.

I actually hadn't seen the footage all week and am bewildered by how he is playing after that. There's no logical reason to even jump there and he's just elbowed him without even going for the ball. If it was a marking contest I could understand but I actually have no clue what he was even trying to do there

I'd say you still haven't seen the footage if that is what you think it shows.

Gil pulling strings to make sure there's 90k at the mcg against Collingwood

The almighty dollar wins again smh.

I guess the lesson here is if you're attacking the ball, make sure you recklessly jump in the air and take out your opponent, and also don't be shorter than the other guy or he'll * you up

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back