Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
Wouldn’t mind attending one of their flat parties, plenty to talk about.
JFK was the original Trump, entitled incompetent douche: his own side shot him. Elvis was paedo crackhead and so most likely was Hitler (defo druggie, probable paedo, also bigoted hatemongering flog ).

Nothing to talk about with such boring knobs, just take a gun and a bucket of bullets.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Was by far and away best on that game, wasn't even close.
I did notice that Cripps was very short in the live betting , shorter than he should of been.
Who's to say that other umpires weren't awarding votes according to pre-season bets? I don't like it one bit.
Maybe the solution is to pay umpires more .

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Carlton, Tennessee Titans
I did notice that Cripps was very short in the live betting , shorter than he should of been.
Who's to say that other umpires weren't awarding votes according to pre-season bets? I don't like it one bit.
Maybe the solution is to pay umpires more .
Given that he won, he actually wasn't short enough. I bet on him for the 22 Brownlow last year so it's not like no-one thought he was a chance.

Again though, this wasn't related to overall winner.

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
He only won by a vote, so you can see how cynical people might be suss.
I had him on 30 votes in the Brownlow thread as did others, given he had half a dozen almost certain 3 voters I liked his odds (I don't gamble though so never put any $ on it). Rd 1 vs the Tigs was one which was bamboozling given he was clear BoG to most watchers but the rd 6 game vs the Dockers was arguably his best game for the year and I would have been more shocked if he had have not gotten the 3 in that game.

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
He only won by a vote, so you can see how cynical people might be suss.
Do you not know how betting works? You say his odds were suspiciously short yet he won and also wasn't the favourite. The fact that he won shows that his odds should have been even shorter. Even if he had lost by one vote rather than won then that still indicates his odds should have been shorter than they were.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Do you not know how betting works? You say his odds were suspiciously short yet he won and also wasn't the favourite. The fact that he won shows that his odds should have been even shorter. Even if he had lost by one vote rather than won then that still indicates his odds should have been shorter than they were.
Suss on other umps like the last game where Cripps got 3 in a losing team.
Anyway, Cripps is a deserved winner.

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Suss on other umps like the last game where Cripps got 3 in a losing team.
Anyway, Cripps is a deserved winner.
Oh I see, all the umps are in on it and the only legit accolades in the AFL are the ones Richmung got. Not sure how I could have forgotten about that whole thing again. My bad.

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Oh I see, all the umps are in on it and the only legit accolades in the AFL are the ones Richmung got. Not sure how I could have forgotten about that whole thing again. My bad.
I'm just saying that because of this Pell turkey, people are going to be more cynical.
It's possible that it happens all the time with smarter gamblers who back a few losers to make it look good.
I believe it was just Pell doing it myself. Like I said, Cripps is a deserving winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm just saying that because of this Pell turkey, people are going to be more cynical.
It's possible that it happens all the time with smarter gamblers who back a few losers to make it look good.
I believe it was just Pell doing it myself. Like I said, Cripps is a deserving winner.
But like anything associated with the Carlolly Crims there is a derisory Asterisk attached to any team or individual achievement

Crabapplepittard

Cancelled
Jul 10, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
When the ghost of Jack Elliot reappears.
Scared Ron Burgundy GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Cyclops

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
..so if I understand your arguments, if a guy who is longer odds shortens and then wins, his odds should have been shorter because no one knew he was going to win? Nice you wanna stick up for your guy but try to stay coherent bub.

Cripps was not the clear favourite though he was in the mix. His win was not a surprise. The award is not the most prestigious because it has a flawed voting system and a history of selecting mids and rucks (maybe because they are closer to the umps during the game? Who knows) over forwards and defenders.

One or two games are sus, because as AP says the sus umpire was in them.

FWIW Cripps is one of the fairest (despite his silly tribunal escape, that was a farce) and one of the best so he's not a joke winner.

The focus on Cripps is a distraction in any case. We have allowed betting on all parts of our game and corruption like this is the direct result.

Well done Gil the Shill and Vlad the Greasy. Have a nice warm cup of strychnine on me you utter campaigners.

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
No my argument is that if someone who wasn't at really short odds wins then their odds probably should have been shorter not longer. It has nothing to do with anyone knowing if they would win or not it's to do with the outcome when viewed with hindsight.

Odds being "suspiciously short" when someone won doesn't really make much sense when short odds was the right call given they were obviously a very good chance to win, as evidenced by them winning.

May 16, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Cripps melts glorious.

This bloke actually gave Neale 3 votes as well so result wouldn't change. And if you are thinking, what about Touk Miller, maybe he gets it now. Well the twat gave him 8 votes. Would seem he had money on Touk if anything.

Cripps melts glorious.

This bloke actually gave Neale 3 votes as well so result wouldn't change. And if you are thinking, what about Touk Miller, maybe he gets it now. Well the twat gave him 8 votes. Would seem he had money on Touk if anything.

Trouto

Premiership Player
Jul 3, 2007
Bunbury
AFL Club
West Coast
The AFL will still let the scump off. The maggots are untouchable.

The whole thing stunk since Cripps succeeded in disputing the suspension.
the cops are involved, so the AFL will (hopefully) not have a say in the matter - because, yeah i think if they did they would sweep it under the rug, like the '07 '09 and '11 flags

If you eliminate every player who received votes in Pell's matches, then the true joint winners are Clayton Oliver and Angus Bradshaw's brother, with Christian Petracca 3rd.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
If you eliminate every player who received votes in Pell's matches, then the true joint winners are Clayton Oliver and Angus Bradshaw's brother, with Christian Petracca 3rd.

Clarry's salty expression in the last few rounds when he knew he couldn't take home Charlie was priceless .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back