Rumour Busted Patrick Cripps heading home to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've just come from a chaotic and surprising off season that proved that contracts really don't mean much nowadays. If I was a Carlton supporter, I'd find Cripps and tell him "don't you dare do it".

Of course Cripps is going to rubbish the rumours. He is still at Carlton and the season hasn't started. If Fremantle do well and offer him big money while Carlton win the spoon, then I wouldn't be surprised.

But surely Cripps wouldn't do that...
I hope not for Carlton's sake (and I hate Carlton)

Haven't mentioned the reigning premiers al all. Seems the blues fans though are quick to mention the dogs or tigers as they see fit to run away from the sad and tragic state their club finds itself in the AFL era.
You're so obsessed with Carlton. What the * is your problem?

We've just come from a chaotic and surprising off season that proved that contracts really don't mean much nowadays. If I was a Carlton supporter, I'd find Cripps and tell him "don't you dare do it".

Of course Cripps is going to rubbish the rumours. He is still at Carlton and the season hasn't started. If Fremantle do well and offer him big money while Carlton win the spoon, then I wouldn't be surprised.

But surely Cripps wouldn't do that...
I hope not for Carlton's sake (and I hate Carlton)
There is no offer imaginable that Freo could offer Cripps which Carlton wouldn't be;
A) able to match
And b) willing to match

Dear Darthbards

Maybe you should go down to VISY park and watch training so you can come back with some evidence. I know this is a forum where we all can have an opinion. You included, despite the rubbish that comes out. You need to stop posting like you know these are facts. please from now on start every sentence with IMO just to make sure thanks. Ive been to training and have witnessed Gibbs new found approach, its amazing, we all here on big footy (carlton supporters im sure) look forward to him showing you ASAP.

Yours sincerely

Everybody

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but not to the point they take over a thread with....well, what amounts to lies.

Maybe there's a career for this fellow alongside Kane Cornes, himself. Maybe.

So annoying how journo's can legit make things up every day and get away with it.

Cripps loves it in Melbourne, can guarantee you that. He's a full city slicker now and is considered a sellout by all his country mates and family. He will never pay for a meal or drink on Lygon street again and he can't leave that behind.

Edit: Why does anyone respond to that Darhbards guy? Is it that really him in that pic?

Last edited:
No way Cripps will leave the blues. He's the crown jewell of their rebuild. In saying that, I don't understand why Carlton are going after Fyfe. They will be forced to give up two first round draft picks while they still have a lot of holes in their list. Obviously it will be a terrific marketing ploy to get him.

But I just feel that a club like St Kilda who has enough draft picks invested in their list is already are better set to go after a big name player like Fyfe who will already be set to make a run for a flag.

I agree on the cost, It'll be very much deja vu with the judd-kennedy trade. We probably got a small improvement with performance (although i wold of preferred more) and with membership and attendance, however, we lacked in all other departments hoping that the premeirship would come along. We thus drafted poorly with risky players for the next 8 years and stuffed up nearly all of them. I for one prefer the NEW carlton with what SOS and BOLTS are doing to learn and develop our own crop of players (and yes 17.4% of our list came form GWS). Fyfe is too expensive (although a gun player) he is not worth it for carlton, i expect him to join St.Kilda and bring them a premiership as soon as 2018.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but not to the point they take over a thread with....well, what amounts to lies.

Maybe there's a career for this fellow alongside Kane Cornes, himself. Maybe.
He probably is Kane Cornes. lol

I agree on the cost, It'll be very much deja vu with the judd-kennedy trade. We probably got a small improvement with performance (although i wold of preferred more) and with membership and attendance, however, we lacked in all other departments hoping that the premeirship would come along. We thus drafted poorly with risky players for the next 8 years and stuffed up nearly all of them. I for one prefer the NEW carlton with what SOS and BOLTS are doing to learn and develop our own crop of players (and yes 17.4% of our list came form GWS). Fyfe is too expensive (although a gun player) he is not worth it for carlton, i expect him to join St.Kilda and bring them a premiership as soon as 2018.
Agree with this entirely mate. In two years time when you add two more genuine guns in the draft, plus the development of the kids that you already have. It will be a perfect time for you to open up the war chest and throw money at a superstar player. SOS definitely has you guys on the right track.

There is no offer imaginable that Freo could offer Cripps which Carlton wouldn't be;
A) able to match
And b) willing to match
Say Fremantle return to finals and Carlton have a bad year, can Carlton really match the opportunity of success? That could be the sticking point (plus the go home factor).

But I highly doubt that this rumour is true. We saw Hogan staying with Melbourne despite looking like he was going to go at some stages last year.

Say Fremantle return to finals and Carlton have a bad year, can Carlton really match the opportunity of success? That could be the sticking point (plus the go home factor).

But I highly doubt that this rumour is true. We saw Hogan staying with Melbourne despite looking like he was going to go at some stages last year.
Cripps is 21. He has more than 10 years left in his career, he doesn't need to go to a different club for success right now. If Carlton are still bottom 4 in 5 years time then that could become a factor but not now

No way Cripps will leave the blues. He's the crown jewell of their rebuild. In saying that, I don't understand why Carlton are going after Fyfe. They will be forced to give up two first round draft picks while they still have a lot of holes in their list. Obviously it will be a terrific marketing ploy to get him.

But I just feel that a club like St Kilda who has enough draft picks invested in their list is already are better set to go after a big name player like Fyfe who will already be set to make a run for a flag.

Agree.. Saints are a couple of seasons ahead in their rebuild and if he moves, Fyfe seems a natural fit for them.

Dear Darthbards

Maybe you should go down to VISY park and watch training so you can come back with some evidence. I know this is a forum where we all can have an opinion. You included, despite the rubbish that comes out. You need to stop posting like you know these are facts. please from now on start every sentence with IMO just to make sure thanks. Ive been to training and have witnessed Gibbs new found approach, its amazing, we all here on big footy (carlton supporters im sure) look forward to him showing you ASAP.

Yours sincerely

Everybody
Maybe others can start their posts criticising Kane Kornes with IMO also. Or Carlton posters ignoring one media claim they don't agree with while pumping up one they do.
So what's going on down at Carlton training anyway?
Players having the best pre season ever? Players flying while never looking better? Young players speaking so well and beyond their age that they're so mature and bound to one day be leaders of the club? I'm sure their pre season is tracking like any of the other clubs.

Carltons a failed club,it's unfortunate yes,but hard to escape. It's not the VFL anymore and Carlton really need to let all that go.
Big four by name,bottom four by nature.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe others can start their posts criticising Kane Kornes with IMO also. Or Carlton posters ignoring one media claim they don't agree with while pumping up one they do.
Players having the best pre season ever? Players flying while never looking better? Young players speaking so well and beyond their age that they're so mature and bound to one day be leaders of the club? I'm sure their pre season is tracking like any of the other clubs.

Carltons a failed club,it's unfortunate yes,but hard to escape. It's not the VFL anymore and Carlton really need to let all that go.
you are aware one came from patrick cripps while the other came from kane cornes. lol. you clearly have no clue.
In regards to training,that wasnt my point (comparing everyones club in pre season), it was that you keep stating that gibbs doesnt want to be there but all the EVIDENCE points to the truth, and that is that gibbs is happy at carlton, JUST LIKE HE SAID, and just like hes going to do. I cant wait for the footy to start. Youre clearly going to be eating alot of your SHITE words for a very long time.

Could've said the same about the Doggies a few years ago.

Bah! Most successful club in league history. Even in the national era they've won twice as many premierships and been in a few more Grand Finals than your team. And you do realise Carlton have only finished bottom four once in the last nine seasons right? Hell, your own team have finished bottom four more than Carlton over that time. Lulz at you!

I love how the B-Loose fans think there is 0% chance Cripps will leave them but Fyfe is a lock to join them......
Keep up the good work fellas....
Reminds me of Richmong fans with Martin... Gee, could I be forgiven for wondering why we didn't see Martin respond as emphatically as Cripps to the same media heat he was getting only in the last week...o_O

Why would Cripps come back to WA when he is loving life in Melbourne ? he's not even from Perth but up North and Fremantle ? HAHAH don't make me laugh this guy is going to be a superstar if he isn't already.

Listening to Patrick speak, he said all the right things, but is wasn't as emphatic as I would have loved if I was a Carlton fan. Sound like 10-20% chance he could be off.

Previously a WCE fan and I'd put my money there. Actually I'd put it on Carlton. He's not going anywhere.

My god, when can teams safely draft players from other states - and build around those players - without being harassed a couple years down the track with speculation and pressure for their players to go "home"? Come on AFL players toughen up!

This has got to be the most frustrating thing about the current AFL culture and probably the main reason why the AFL cannot expand.

My god, when can teams safely draft players from other states - and build around those players - without being harassed a couple years down the track with speculation and pressure for their players to go "home"? Come on AFL players toughen up!

This has got to be the most frustrating thing about the current AFL culture and probably the main reason why the AFL cannot expand.
It's the media not the players that are the issue.

Occasionally, a player will ask for a trade back to their home state. Sometimes, players hope to get drafted to another state. The speculation about 'going home' is most often unwarranted and nothing to do with the players - it's media going for cheap clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back