Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he is back in top shape. A lot of people calling him washed in this thread look pretty foolish.

Reminds me of Ollie Wines, had a couple of down years with injury but came back to being one of the best.

Looks like he is back in top shape. A lot of people calling him washed in this thread look pretty foolish.

Reminds me of Ollie Wines, had a couple of down years with injury but came back to being one of the best.
It was one practice match, get a grip. I’ve seen plenty of people star and do nothing all season.

I hope he is back as he is a great player to watch. But wait until the real stuff starts

Never write off a champion. It’s early but he looked amazing last night.

Never write off a champion. It’s early but he looked amazing last night.
Hope he holds up for the season. Always felt ashamed of our club over how much they let his body cop trying to win a few games off his own back.

He may not return to being champion player but a champion bloke 100%. Hope he has a big year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has looked genuinely unstoppable so far this year.

Gaining Hewett and the rise of Kennedy means Cripps has a license to do as he pleases.

So essentially, he's just winning/impacting the stoppage then storming forward, getting dangerous and kicking goals. Genuine attacking inside mid.

Isn't it wild how Carlton finally recruiting help in the middle has allowed Cripps to start performing again. He's basically Clayton Oliver, but a scoring threat on top. Grabbing Hewett and Cerra were the best recruiting moves they've made by far
Carrying injuries has been the biggest problem.
We probably also thought that Dow turning 23, SPS, 24, Setterfield 24 and Kennedy turning 25 were probably the ones who should be doing what Cerra and Hewett are. Hewett has been the smartest recruit we have had in a very long time.

Carrying injuries has been the biggest problem.
We probably also thought that Dow turning 23, SPS, 24, Setterfield 24 and Kennedy turning 25 were probably the ones who should be doing what Cerra and Hewett are. Hewett has been the smartest recruit we have had in a very long time.
Kennedy's sudden breakout is another huge benefit to Cripps. Just like Bont, he seems the type who will always be carrying a niggle, but still be able to perform so long as others can pick up the slack around them.

Kennedy's sudden breakout is another huge benefit to Cripps. Just like Bont, he seems the type who will always be carrying a niggle, but still be able to perform so long as others can pick up the slack around them.
It’s abit like the Lion’s finding Lyons where it sort of transforms the side abit and almost completely unexpected.
I just hope he isn’t poached at the end of the year

Merrett is worth it

Cripps? Has played 22 games in a season once and as I’ve been widely vocal about, to keep a gun you often pay 20%ish under what he could command on the open market.

Both points Carlton have again mis managed imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Merrett worth a a long contract but not Cripps? This didn’t age well.

Never write off a champion - lots with egg on their face in this thread.

Merrett worth a a long contract but not Cripps? This didn’t age well.

Never write off a champion - lots with egg on their face in this thread.
at the time of writing one was tracking towards an All Australian jumper and b&f in a finals year whilst the other struggled to run out a quarter.

I'll stick the hand up and say I was skeptical about him returning to his very best. Definitely one who couldn't wait to dig the heels in. I was wrong :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back