Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

There would be no way west coast could afford his salary his next contract would be a million a season plus
I don't believe this line any more. There's always ways to move money around.

WC will have whatever they pay Kennedy and Hurn off the books and then backend a bunch of other deals. And then it just depends how far down the road you're willing to kick the can.

The question is whether WC should pay that wage. I think probably not. And it's partially why I think he stays put.

Because a single, very early pick might be more attractive than the feasible alternatives. Why didn't the Suns match the bid for Tom Lynch?
His the premier contested midfielder in the comp they know they could get at least two top ten picks it would be a Chris Judd type trade they would not be letting him go for one pick unless there was a good player coming to

His the premier contested midfielder in the comp they know they could get at least two top ten picks it would be a Chris Judd type trade they would not be letting him go for one pick unless there was a good player coming to
He's not Chris Judd. Don't be silly. Judd was 24 when he played his first game for Carlton. Cripps will be 27 come R1 2022.

That aside, if he wants to go to WA, that will happen.

Again, I think he will stay.

He's not Chris Judd. Don't be silly. Judd was 24 when he played his first game for Carlton. Cripps will be 27 come R1 2022.

That aside, if he wants to go to WA, that will happen.

Again, I think he will stay.
I didn’t say he was Chris Judd completely different type of player I said it would take a similar trade in value . if you were competing for a premiership he is the exact type of player you would want the guy is a beast of a player one of the best contested mids I’ve seen how many bad games have you seen him play even in some of the terrible Carlton teams would happily trade two firsts to get him to st kilda

What if he wants to finish his career in WA?

I don't know what he wants but I assume that is the only potential reason we're even having a discussion about him leaving.

And in that event, it would be a two-horse race.

Can’t see it happening personally.

He isn’t from Perth, and WA isn’t the kind of place you want to spend your 20’s and 30’s. He’s also not lacking for adulation or status in Melbourne.

Perhaps he will head back to Northampton at some stage, but it won’t happen until his career is over IMO.

Can’t see it happening personally.
That's neither here nor there. That said, I think it's more likely he stays than goes. I've said so repeatedly.

My only point is that if he expressed a desire to return to WA, for whatever reason, that would be a two-horse race and WC would be in the mix.

That seems like a pretty uncontroversial statement, surely.

Because a single, very early pick might be more attractive than the feasible alternatives. Why didn't the Suns match the bid for Tom Lynch?

Sure, I guess it's possible we don't match if we finish in the bottom 2.

Any other reason? Perhaps one a little more likely to eventuate?

Sure, I guess it's possible we don't match if we finish in the bottom 2.

Any other reason? Perhaps one a little more likely to eventuate?
It depends on the club that is taking him.

If they finish top 4, and you finish bottom 6 it would be a tough call to match.

Pick 6 vs Pick 16 and future 1st (likely 14-18)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues spent too much on Williams and Saad?

Saad's on what - 600k pa? William's contract is heavily frontloaded.

We'd have budgeted for Cripps, and it's not as though he's even going to receive much of a pay rise anyway. As our best player and captain I'd hazard a guess he'd already be on 700-800k.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back