Play Nice Patrick Cripps v Marcus Bontempelli

Who would you rather?

• Patrick Cripps

• Marcus Bontempelli

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cripps. Bont is the most overrated player in the comp and fumbles with the ball a lot and is extremely slow.

I had a good laugh in the 1st quarter with Fremantle vs Bulldogs watching Bont spud it up. Had a few good kicks in the game = best on ground. Typical media dribble.

Wait, you've seen Bont fumble the ball??? :eek:

I'm actually keen to see how he goes today as well. How close to full fitness is he?
Still not 100% i'd say but he just wills himself into the game.

This first half of the year is going to be more grininding, rough performances getting his hands dirty. After the bye i expect him to free up and see a bit more run, bit more razzle dazzle.

That goal to win the game is what sets Bont and Cripps apart. Cripps has been worn down this year and clearly isn’t fit but that doesn’t change his inability to kick the clutch goals Bont has over his career. Especially from that distance, Cripps would be trying to take the man on the mark on like he did against Hawthorn

That goal to win the game is what sets Bont and Cripps apart. Cripps has been worn down this year and clearly isn’t fit but that doesn’t change his inability to kick the clutch goals Bont has over his career. Especially from that distance, Cripps would be trying to take the man on the mark on like he did against Hawthorn

Bonts missed plenty with the game on the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They both play footy well.
True and i know he has copped it this week about being to nice after a win but he has a demeanor that makes people like him. when Bailey Smith was having a go at him the look from him made nme think what a gun bloke
They both play footy well.
That they do, but i love the look of the way Pat carries himself on the field despite some calling him wrong for being happy with oppo players after a loss.

Cripps is below average when it comes to goal kicking. Some will argue he doesn't need to as he sets them up but it's a skill within itself and one which separates the great midfielders from all the rest.
Lachie Neale a good example, terrific player, arguably one of the best midfielders in the game but no one would pick him over a handful of other midfielders who also kick a goal every game.

Time to put a fork in this poll, it's over.

Bont has gone from strength to strength as skipper this year and is finishing the season like a beast.

Cripps is a warrior but he's just not on the same level.

Time to put a fork in this poll, it's over.

Bont has gone from strength to strength as skipper this year and is finishing the season like a beast.

Cripps is a warrior but he's just not on the same level.
This one was over when Bont won a BnF and was AA in a premiership season lol.

It most definitely is over mate.
These sort of discussions never really end.

In 2017, when Bont was labouring a bit with his hip, there were strong views that Cripps had gone past him.

The 2020 version of Bont is absolutely head of the 2020 version of Cripps, but the future will unfold.

The only certainty is hindsight is more accurate than prediction, you just can't change anything with hindsight.

It’s going to be interesting. Cripps is going to at least be 26 by the time he plays his first final. That’s when the true greats step up. We know Bont can, and has done so.

Pressure will be on cripps in the prime of his career should Carlton play finals in the next 3 or so years. He hasn’t really handled pressure well this year, which is a mark against him

Back