Rumour Patrick Cripps will go home to WA if Carlton miss the finals in 2021

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Plenty of guys he played at school & junior footy with at the Dockers & the Eagles.

Out of respect for being close friends with the Cripps’ family I won’t comment.

Except to say that he hates all those guys and hes glad theres about 4000 km between him and them.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
How much would Carlton pay him beyond the current contract? Let's say 6 million over six years.

I just wonder if either WA club would want to pony up that amount for a guy who'll be 27 before he plays for them. And that's before you consider the likely cost in trade terms if it comes to that.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
How much would Carlton pay him beyond the current contract? Let's say 6 million over six years.

I just wonder if either WA club would want to pony up that amount for a guy who'll be 27 before he plays for them. And that's before you consider the likely cost in trade terms if it comes to that.

Money is one thing, its a shot at a flag that is the attraction.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd say he probably is. Probably more.

Gaff, McGovern and Fyfe are all on over 1m p.a. and I'd have him in the same class.

I'd hazard a guess 5 mill over 6 wouldn't get it done.

They are not all on 1 million a year every year though.

But yes Cripps would be a similar level, average say $850k over 4 to 5 plus marketing.

End of 2021 will see Kennedy, Hurn and Hutchings retire. To afford a Cripps Redden would likely need to go and a best 22 player involved in a trade. Blues will want Duggan. Depending on 2021 form I could also see Williams, Brander, Cameron or Petrucelle also being of interest.

Those players would need to be keen to move though, Eagles very rarely push players out, especially good ones.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Out of respect for being close friends with the Cripps’ family I won’t comment.

Except to say that he hates all those guys and hes glad theres about 4000 km between him and them.

Hates? Strong word.

All of them? Wow, he hates every single one of them does he?

When people use these types of statements my bullshit alarm goes off big time.

If Cripps hates all the lads he played junior football with who now play at either the Dockers or Eagles then I wouldnt want someone of that character. It would indicate a character flaw on his behalf.

And there is nothing that indicates he has that flaw from what he has shown. Which implies you are talking total crap.......which is looking very likely.

Feb 6, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Hates? Strong word.

If Cripps hates all the lads he played junior football with who now play at either the Dockers or Eagles then I wouldnt want someone of that character. It would indicate a character flaw on his behalf.

And there is nothing that indicates he has that flaw from what he has shown. Which implies you are talking total crap.......which is looking very likely.

I swear to god... wtf is it with West Coast supporters and not being able to register sarcasm? s**t you guys are dumb

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
I swear to god... wtf is it with West Coast supporters and not being able to register sarcasm? sh*t you guys are dumb

Maybe you dont come across as obviously funny as you think.

Feel free to add some emojo's to assist.

We are also use to reading so much dumb sh!t posted as serious from many on here so its not as easy as you think seperating the stupid from the sarcastic.

So we use 'stupid' as the default setting, more often thqn not it tends to be the correct call.;)

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Hates? Strong word.

Don't worry about your bullshit alarm, it's your sarcasm alarm that need calibrating.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Hates? Strong word.

He was clearly taking the piss

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Business as usual.

Cripps tells the public he wants finals.

And then goes for the biggest paycheck. Be it Carlton, WC, Freo or even GC.

And we all learned from N. Buckley that it is the right thing to do.

TwiggleyFanClub

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe you dont come across as obviously funny as you think.

Feel free to add some emojo's to assist.

We are also use to reading so much dumb sh!t posted as serious from many on here so its not as easy as you think seperating the stupid from the sarcastic.

So we use 'stupid' as the default setting, more often thqn not it tends to be the correct call.;)

Ok...

blacksquare_400x400.jpg
joe_400x400.jpg

Not sure these will help though.
Doesn't look like he has sense of humour either.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Business as usual.

Cripps tells the public he wants finals.

And then goes for the biggest paycheck. Be it Carlton, WC, Freo or even GC.

And we all learned from N. Buckley that it is the right thing to do.
I wonder who would in fact be willing to pay him the most.

If we assume Carlton would pay $6 million over six years to keep him, would someone else offer $7 million to poach him?

Back