Rumour Patrick Cripps will go home to WA if Carlton miss the finals in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

what do you mean by “bursting”? There’s the ordinary interpretation, and then there’s the “dumb collingwood salary cap management” level

Similar profile developing. At least we over paid and played some finals along the way. What's your claim to fame? Wasting draft picks?

How you're cap is bursting after Saad and the GWS hack. Name slips me, so ordinary is he.
GWS- 'You only get one Carlton in your lifetime'

Kristian Jaksch, Mark Whiley, Jed Lamb, Andrew Phillips, Liam Sumner, Rhys Palmer, Jarrod Pickett-all gone

Caleb Marchbank-injured again, out for season.
Plowman- has been honest and fairly reliable.
Setterfield-overrated and too inconsistent. Club has failed to develop him.
Kennedy-Keep pretending that if they hold onto him long enough he will become a good player. Too slow, zero impact.
Williams-could end up becoming the 2nd worst recruit ever picked behind McGovern. Have to give him another year, but just can't find the ball. Always carrying something. 5 years 900K contract.

GWS- 'You only get one Carlton in your lifetime'

Kristian Jaksch, Mark Whiley, Jed Lamb, Andrew Phillips, Liam Sumner, Rhys Palmer, Jarrod Pickett-all gone

Caleb Marchbank-injured again, out for season.
Plowman- has been honest and fairly reliable.
Setterfield-overrated and too inconsistent. Club has failed to develop him.
Kennedy-Keep pretending that if they hold onto him long enough he will become a good player. Too slow, zero impact.
Williams-could end up becoming the 2nd worst recruit ever picked behind McGovern. Have to give him another year, but just can't find the ball. Always carrying something. 5 years 900K contract.
Yikes

How you're cap is bursting after Saad and the GWS hack. Name slips me, so ordinary is he.
Do you understand how basic money and contracts work?
Club has already stated that we can afford to chase more free agents this year (that would already be factoring in Cripps on X amount). We have Martin and Williams who are both front loaded and gradually getting less each year.
If we have Cripps currently on $900k (imaginary figure for argument's sake) and had planned on giving him $1m (also imaginary), we only have to find another $100k to cover that.
If WC or Freo want to offer him $1.2m (or whatever imaginary figure you care to use as an example) to lure him away, we only have to find another $200k on top of what we originally planned on offering in order to match. Then, once a trade is agreed on, we open up a bucket load more cap space for those free agents we already planned on chasing because Cripps is no longer on the books.

Anyway, if the rumours are true that he's signed back on, it's all moot.

EDITED to appease those who can't read or are easily offended by imaginary hypothetical scenarios.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you understand how basic money and contracts work?
Club has already stated that we can afford to chase more free agents this year (that would already be factoring in Cripps on X amount). We have Martin and Williams who are both front loaded and gradually getting less each year.
If we have Cripps currently on $900k (for argument's sake) and had planned on giving him $1m, we only have to find another $100k to cover that.
If WC or Freo want to offer him $1.2m to lure him away, we only have to find another $200k on top of what we originally planned on offering in order to match. Then, once a trade is agreed on, we open up a bucket load more cap space for those free agents we already planned on chasing because Cripps is no longer on the books.

Anyway, if the rumours are true that he's signed back on, it's all moot.
Why the fk would WC offer him 1.2 mil, you people are really living in lala land.

Why the fk would WC offer him 1.2 mil, you people are really living in lala land.
Never said they would. I was using random numbers as an example of how it works. Calm down and learn to comprehend.
Change the imaginary numbers to whatever makes you feel better if you can't wrap your head around it.

I expect this almost guarantees Cerra is staying too considering all the rumours involving a Cerra and Cripps swap
I agree i think a lot of the Cerra noise was based on the cap space to get Cripps

Now time to get the cheque book out for Cerra

I expect this almost guarantees Cerra is staying too considering all the rumours involving a Cerra and Cripps swap

Cripps - Cerra - Walsh is a classy starting 3.

I wouldn’t be so confident until he signs the dotted line. Even without the Blues Richmond, North, Hawks will almost certainly be sniffing around.

Sick of listening to carlton morons saying WC are after him.
I went back to edit the post (just to keep you happy) and I already had WC OR Freo. Not sure how much more ambiguous I could have been or how more obvious that it was just a hypothetical.
Maybe I should have included Sydney as a possible destination and $5 as a possible contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back