Rumour Patrick Cripps will go home to WA if Carlton miss the finals in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

So we are only going by his decent games and not the average ones?

Plugger had half a decent season once .... he kicked 78 in 11 games

Unlike Cripps he actually only played half a season whereas Cripps played a whole season last year
There is only one Tony Lockett - don't mar the great mans footy name by attaching your drivel to it.

No, but if there was at least a doubt in his mind that he would want to leave, he wouldn't be saying the things which he does in interviews/press conferences.

It's a pointless conversation, because it's always mine (and all Carlton supporter's) opinions against everyone else. Rumour starts from power hungry journos or BF posters having fun, but it never has anything behind it.

Cripps is loyal, and like has stated himself, bleeds blue. I don't see him leaving.
Yeah, ok....

Excuses and more excuses!!

If only this .......... if only that .......

He played every game ...... that's Carlton saying ...... he was good to go!

I showed you 3 extremely relevant stats where he didn't lead them.

He was actually 22nd for Stoppage Clearances last season ...... is this a relevant stat ...... or are clearances only relevant at centre bounces?
You do realise that stats across his career includes those from his average season in 2020? The only reason you don't want to use the most relevant and proper stats is because you know that you're wrong. It's hilarious.

So many here are only considering wc
I want him at Freo & would gladly give up our first rounder + Brayshaw for him

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If they make finals he will and should sign up, but if they have another crap season Carlton should actively try and cash in as it's not working with him.

yes to the latter, if he wants out of course. The club will seek the deal that benefits the club the most and, if it was to lose its premier midfield then no doubt it will be seeking a ready made A grader to replace - whether that is in a trade involving Cripps, or acquiring draft picks that are guaranteed to net an A grader from another club

If they make finals he will and should sign up, but if they have another crap season Carlton should actively try and cash in as it's not working with him.

So...

Essendon should release Shiel and let Merrett go too - clearly "it isn't working" for them @ Essendon - in fact all Clubs that don't play finals in a year should release all their best players to finals teams because "it isnt working for them" .... Saad should hav been released and Daniher without all the fuss I gather ...

very funny this 'it isnt working for him ' meme

So...

Essendon should release Shiel and let Merrett go too - clearly "it isn't working" for them @ Essendon - in fact all Clubs that don't play finals in a year should release all their best players to finals teams because "it isnt working for them" .... Saad should hav been released and Daniher without all the fuss I gather ...

very funny this 'it isnt working for him ' meme

Bro calma, If you have another s**t season maybe Cripps isn't the "savior" people think he is?

And if Essendon suck again (possible) and we finish bottom 3, maybe Merrett walking for another top 3/4 pick works better for us in the long run even though it would suck losing someone like him.

Bro calma, If you have another sh*t season maybe Cripps isn't the "savior" people think he is?

Yeah. Why would any Club want to retain a player who has been in the conversation of the best handful of players in the game since his second year, is a ripping bloke, loved and respected by his team mates and admired by opponents, bleeds the Club colors and is openly and completely committed to leading his side to the top?

Just unload him for a couple of good picks.

Arguably even more important is Cripps' potential to influence trade in targets to come, and trade out targets to stay (I'm talking about you, Harry).

Cripps will re-sign, and you can bet he'll spend a lot of time through the year in Harry McKay's ear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Fyfe ever been injured?
2012 - Left shoulder injured, didn't heal well and had to have surgery.
2016 - Broke the same leg twice in a 12 month span.
2018 - 6 weeks out due to hamstring injury.
2020 - 3 weeks out due to the same hamstring injured.

Cripps has never in his 8 year career missed multiple games in a row due to injury. "iNjUrY pRoNe"

2012 - Left shoulder injured, didn't heal well and had to have surgery.
2016 - Broke the same leg twice in a 12 month span.
2018 - 6 weeks out due to hamstring injury.
2020 - 3 weeks out due to the same hamstring injured.

Cripps has never in his 8 year career missed multiple games in a row due to injury. "iNjUrY pRoNe"
Lol, whoosh, straight over the top.

Not one Freo supported has used injuries to Fyfe in their arguments, you it seems Carlton love bringing them up as to why Cripps had a bad year.
But is that not true? He was injured and that was the cause of an average year according to his standards.

My problem is, that people think this one injury means all of a sudden his years are numbered. Posters in this thread really think he only has 3-4 years left.

Look at Fyfe, riddled with injuries and still doing incredible at 30 years this season.

But is that not true? He was injured and that was the cause of an average year according to his standards.

My problem is, that people think this one injury means all of a sudden his years are numbered. Posters in this thread really think he only has 3-4 years left.

Look at Fyfe, riddled with injuries and still doing incredible at 30 years this season.
I am not talking about injuries shortening his career, i am talking having injuries and performing.

You know like Fyfe has.

Cripps can do what he likes. If he wants to sign a free agent offer for $1m or $1.5m or $2m a year he can. And Carlton are free to match that offer, or not.

That's very convenient.

I would've thought if Cripps wanted to go back to Perth he would make a decision on which club he wanted to join based on his footy future. If he thinks our list is no good, too older for his prime etc. then good-o, but I can think of plenty of free agents and out of contract players who left their clubs for reasons other than 'hey which club has the best trade currency, I'll go there'. I.e. all of them.

Carlton's best season in Cripps' career is 7 wins. 7 years, 4 coaches, 2 spoons, 0 finals. I'd be getting nervous if you have a poor start to the year...

I remember when you were up and coming in 2011. How did that pan out again?

He can’t request a trade to a club that doesn’t have money to pay him...

Cripps’ and his management would be acutely aware of West Coast’s poor salary cap position after selling the farm for Tim Kelly.

He can’t request a trade to a club that doesn’t have money to pay him...

Cripps’ and his management would be acutely aware of West Coast’s poor salary cap position after selling the farm for Tim Kelly.

Franklin, Cameron, Lynch, Dangerfield... it's a good thing quality players never join good teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back