Rumour Patrick Cripps will go home to WA if Carlton miss the finals in 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Carried the Carlton Football Club for the last 5 years, and has put his heart and soul into every game. I don't know if it's his body breaking down, a poor mentality, or simply him just not adjusting to the modern game. You've got to feel for this bloke that has done so much for his club.
Agree here , must be mental torture what's he's going through. ( 1st world mental torture to be precise!)
Kinda wanna see him come home if it's a happier place for his family
Has probably got as much chance at a flag with Freo ( ie : not much 🤣)
Loyalty to Carlton would be tough

I'm assuming he has a lot on his mind as well.
- out of contract
- his gf has severe mental health issues
- carried Carlton on his back (literally) for 5 years now
- stay or go home to WA
I get the feeling he is genuinely torn about what to do and this is impacting the way he is playing right now.
I could also be completely wrong...

I agree, but I think the notion of him leaving to 'chase success' is unrealistic. He certainly doesn't seem like that type of person, and I think the only reason why he'd leave would be to support his girlfriend in WA with mental health troubles.

At least he has confirmed that a new contract will happen. That will silence West Coast and Freo fans for the next couple years. ;)

Hmmp hmfffgghr hmphphh
silence.jpg

his gf has severe mental health issues
From what I’ve read she’s got a few quirks, but she’s not critically ill. Not trying to dismiss her health issues at all but I wouldn’t class them as “severe”.

Article in The Age over the weekend saying that no other team views him as gettable and that the only thing stopping him re-signing with Carlton is contract length.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't begrudge him if he leaves. He stayed with Carlton for 5 years and probably expected them to be in the premiership hunt now.

Yeah saw that message this morning, absolutely disgusting behaviour.

You can't begrudge him if he leaves. He stayed with Carlton for 5 years and probably expected them to be in the premiership hunt now.
5 years? Try 7 and a half to date.

Any supporter should be nervous if their superstar player is a free agent and has not yet re-signed during the home and away season. The longer he waits, the more likely it becomes that he leaves. Particularly if Carlton continue to underperform and lose games.

We also know West Coast players recently took larger pay cuts than they had to and although it was sold as 'helping the club recover quicker' (mind you, this is a club with 100,000+ paying members...), do we really think the playing group would say no if they were told they could use that extra cap space to secure a prime 26 year old Cripps? Players want to win flags and I don't believe for a second that they would be against improving their list with a big name free agent. It would be the equivalent of Joel Selwood opposing the Geelong Football Club chasing Patrick Dangerfield in 2015 because it will reduce his own potential earnings. It's just not going to happen.

5 years? Try 7 and a half to date.

Any supporter should be nervous if their superstar player is a free agent and has not yet re-signed during the home and away season. The longer he waits, the more likely it becomes that he leaves. Particularly if Carlton continue to underperform and lose games.

We also know West Coast players recently took larger pay cuts than they had to and although it was sold as 'helping the club recover quicker' (mind you, this is a club with 100,000+ paying members...), do we really think the playing group would say no if they were told they could use that extra cap space to secure a prime 26 year old Cripps? Players want to win flags and I don't believe for a second that they would be against improving their list with a big name free agent. It would be the equivalent of Joel Selwood opposing the Geelong Football Club chasing Patrick Dangerfield in 2015 because it will reduce his own potential earnings. It's just not going to happen.
Very doubtful WC would chase Cripps unless it was a very good bargain WC's way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back