Patrick Cripps

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers, Celta Vigo, LA Rams
To be honest, why not ?
I guess when he wins the brownlow this year, people like you will put an asterix *** next to his name. Just celebrate the player he is, and dont be one of those posters who knock him coz he has a down day. Bloke's been bandaged up all year , no one knows what injuries he is carrying, yet has a poor game or two and he is all of a sudden he is considered average . Shame on posters like you

Lmao, you got that from what I said?

You're putting words into my mouth to suit your argument.

I never said I'd put an asterisk next to his Brownlow (should he win it) nor did I say he's average.

I said he shouldn't be considered the best in the game. Since coming to Geelong, in 2016, Dangerfield has recorded under 20 disposals three times. Coniglio has done it 4 times in 4 years. Mitchell like 2 times in 2 years. I don't think the best in the game should record 11 and then 12 disposals and get spanked by 40+pts both games.

Also since when does a great 1-2 year run make you the best in the game? Make the claim when he does it for years on end like Ablett, Danger, Mitchell, Fyfe etc

Worm4

Premiership Player
May 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

I never said I'd put an asterisk next to his Brownlow (should he win it) nor did I say he's average.

I said he shouldn't be considered the best in the game. Since coming to Geelong, in 2016, Dangerfield has recorded under 20 disposals three times. Coniglio has done it 4 times in 4 years. Mitchell like 2 times in 2 years. I don't think the best in the game should record 11 and then 12 disposals and get spanked by 40+pts both games.

Also since when does a great 1-2 year run make you the best in the game? Make the claim when he does it for years on end like Ablett, Danger, Mitchell, Fyfe etc
Um, im making the claim. Cripps has all of those players covered for average disposals for their entire careers, right now, as im typing this. Not sure how much longer he has to sustain the effort, but , yes, he has them all covered.

OnceWeWereKings

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

If his form continues this year he will have as many All Australians as Mitchell & Fyfe, and career stats that stack very similar to Dangerfield & Fyfe’s
Is just 24 years old and has played less than 100 games.
Heading towards what most would consider his prime years being 24 to 29
It’s scary how good he may just be.
Sit back and enjoy it.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Um, im making the claim. Cripps has all of those players covered for average disposals for their entire careers, right now, as im typing this. Not sure how much longer he has to sustain the effort, but , yes, he has them all covered.

He doesn't average more disposals than Mitchell nor is he better than Danger, Mitchell or Fyfe as of right now, nor is he better than Ablett at his best.

I don't even think he's better than Coniglio.

He's a great player but pull your head out.

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
If his form continues this year he will have as many All Australians as Mitchell & Fyfe, and career stats that stack very similar to Dangerfield & Fyfe’s
Is just 24 years old and has played less than 100 games.
Heading towards what most would consider his prime years being 24 to 29
It’s scary how good he may just be.
Sit back and enjoy it.

When did I ever say I'm not enjoying it?

Worm4

Premiership Player
May 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
He doesn't average more disposals than Mitchell nor is he better than Danger, Mitchell or Fyfe as of right now, nor is he better than Ablett at his best.

My head is out. Census of opinion , especially those whose opinions are considered more so than yours, believe that Cripps is the current number 1 man in AFL football today.
Maybe you need to kick back and take it all in ( hard for some i know), but the stats dont lie. Shame you couldnt produce any statistical evidence to support your opinion ( coz you prolly cant )

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
My head is out. Census of opinion , especially those whose opinions are considered more so than yours, believe that Cripps is the current number 1 man in AFL football today.
Maybe you need to kick back and take it all in ( hard for some i know), but the stats dont lie. Shame you couldnt produce any statistical evidence to support your opinion ( coz you prolly cant )

"Census of opinions", you mean consensus? Also no, you're speaking on opinion with no supporting evidence or statistics.

The statistical evidence is the multiple Brownlow medal winners who have made multiple AA teams, multiple B&F winners, players who have won more games the University Blues and they're still at the top of their game.

You'd need to prove why Cripps deserves the reigns of being the best besides the fact he may average 1-2 touches more.

Fwiw, Cripps equalled his career in touches on the weekend with 38. Someone like Danger has done it I believe 10 times in his career with a career-high of 48. Where he banged out a lazy 48 touches (27 kicks, 21 handballs), 13 marks, 11 I50, 13 clearances and kicked 2 for 229 SC points.

Mitchell just last season where he won the Brownlow had 12 games of 38 or more and averaged 35. Including 54, 40 and 42 to start the season, 50 later on then 4 games of 43, 46, 42 and 43.

So whilst he's an amazing talent and right up there. He's not better than the guys who have the accolades to prove themselves.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
I haven't really liked a Carlton player since Bruce Doull but Cripps may just succeed.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
So let me see if I've got this straight. Up until and including the Pies game, he was fine and the most dominant player in the competition according to coaches votes. Then after that it doesn't count because there was significant upheaval for the next 3 weeks. Then now it counts again because the coach has changed.

Seems legit.

It’s more he’s had 2 poor games out of 12.

If he’d had 2 games like yesterday out of 12, and 10 games poor games, you’d have a point, but you don’t.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal

He’s been averaging 25+ since 2015

Feb 2, 2011
Hell
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
He’s been averaging 25+ since 2015

Since 2016. He technically dropped below 25 in 2017 but we can round that up.

Danger has averaged 27+ since 2015 and then averaged 25 and 27 in 2012 and 2014. With 1 Brownlow, 1 MVP, 6x AA, 3x B&F and 1 AFLCA Champion player awards in that time.

Fyfe has averaged 26+ since 2012 barring 2016 where he played 5 games and broke his leg and averaged 25 in 2011. With 1 Brownlow, 2x MVP, 2x AA, 2x B&F in that time.

Mitchell has averaged 27+ since 2015 going 27, 28, 36 and 35 averages in those years. With 1 Brownlow, 1 MVP, 2x AA and 2x B&F in that time.

Dusty has averaged 25+ since 2014 with his peak hitting 31. With 1 flag, 1 Norm Smith, 1 Brownlow, 1 MVP, 3x AA, 2x B&F and 1 AFLCA Champion player.

Cripps is a ******* great player but he's not the best in the league.

Worm4

Premiership Player
May 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Cripps has averaged 26 since day one.
Dont be so selective with time frames. They all have a start date you know

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2007
In N Out
AFL Club
Carlton
Fwiw, Cripps equalled his career in touches on the weekend with 38 ... Mitchell just last season where he won the Brownlow had 12 games of 38 or more and averaged 35. Including 54, 40 and 42 to start the season, 50 later on then 4 games of 43, 46, 42 and 43.

So whilst he's an amazing talent and right up there. He's not better than the guys who have the accolades to prove themselves.

Accolades? Cripps was All Australian and finished second in the AFLCA and MVP last year. Will likely be around the mark again this year. He goes alright. I’m not going to weigh in the argument of who Cripps is better than. Who gives a crap, he’s an amazing player to watch and I’m glad he plays for my club. I will say, I’d take Cripps’ game on the weekend over any of Mitchell’s games, no matter how many disposals he had.

Turnover

Cancelled
May 30, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Cripps is a once in a lifetime player. Get your kids to go watch him live, absolute workhorse with a smile on his face. Plus AFL need the blues attendance up.

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal

Not better than Coniglio? Yeah nah.

I’d love Coniglio but if he was with us he’d be number 2 to Cripps

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Since 2016. He technically dropped below 25 in 2017 but we can round that up.

Danger has averaged 27+ since 2015 and then averaged 25 and 27 in 2012 and 2014. With 1 Brownlow, 1 MVP, 6x AA, 3x B&F and 1 AFLCA Champion player awards in that time.

Fyfe has averaged 26+ since 2012 barring 2016 where he played 5 games and broke his leg and averaged 25 in 2011. With 1 Brownlow, 2x MVP, 2x AA, 2x B&F in that time.

Mitchell has averaged 27+ since 2015 going 27, 28, 36 and 35 averages in those years. With 1 Brownlow, 1 MVP, 2x AA and 2x B&F in that time.

Dusty has averaged 25+ since 2014 with his peak hitting 31. With 1 flag, 1 Norm Smith, 1 Brownlow, 1 MVP, 3x AA, 2x B&F and 1 AFLCA Champion player.

Cripps is a ******* great player but he's not the best in the league.

Contested ball guy generally, isn’t the type to get 40+

Bit like Judd was with us

Best is subjective, but he’s certainly top 5

Blue1980

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 9, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Cripps is a once in a lifetime player. Get your kids to go watch him live, absolute workhorse with a smile on his face. Plus AFL need the blues attendance up.

Our crowds hold up well considering how bad we have been.

If/when we start to become good on field, be at least as big as Richmond.

Worm4

Premiership Player
May 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Mitchell is not even playing so how he enters the conversation is ridiculous .
Ablett, great player, but no, not better than Cripps as of today. Ablett is past his best now.
Cripps has also gone past Dangerfield and Fyfe purely on numbers.

Back