Remove this Banner Ad

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Surely it was be $800k and five years at least.

And what would you give up in a trade on top of that? Three first-rounders given Richmond's are likely to be late teens in 2021 named 2022? You've got Geelong's this year as well and that will probably be 12-14 at this rate.
The 2 x 1st rounders that Richmond have look like being late picks #14+
The compo pick if carlton dont go well could be top 5/6 and be of better value

But we might be able to d a side deal just for some sugar ontop

TENACIOUS

All Australian
Aug 16, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
The 2 x 1st rounders that Richmond have look like being late picks #14+
The compo pick if carlton dont go well could be top 5/6 and be of better value

But we might be able to d a side deal just for some sugar ontop
Wouldn't imagine he would leave to another Melbourne club..
It would be to go home, but if any Melbourne club could sway him, it's probably Richmond

THE_GUN

R.I.P Shane Tuck 21
Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Wouldn't imagine he would leave to another Melbourne club..
It would be to go home, but if any Melbourne club could sway him, it's probably Richmond
I personally dont think Cripps would leave for any club 'Unless' He feels he can no longer lead the club to success and would be best for both he and the club to move.

He would then be looking for either go back to perth or to club where he may win a flag
But i do remember Cripps and Riewoldt were extremely close in the AFLX series and there have been some recent chatter with Cotchin

Ambrosia

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 11, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
I’m not so sure he’s going to leave. It’s just as likely that he and his manager have realised Carlton will be desperate to keep him and he can likely force a Grundy style contract from them.

Sweet Jesus

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
maybe you just dont understand

simple 3 x picks 16+ or #5
which is better
I'd be surprised if Carlton accepted the compo for Cripps. I think a club would have to improve on that. For Richmond, that would put three first-rounders on the table.

Your response is "nah they'd take the compo".

I get it, you're attached to a story you've told yourself about Richmond getting Cripps and shafting Carlton. That doesn't mean it's sensible.

Joao

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
There is also the issue that Carlton aren't bad enough to finish 14th.

Sure they bring joy to many when they get smashed by Port, but they are still easily good enough to win 8+ games and avoid the bottom 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
I’m not so sure he’s going to leave. It’s just as likely that he and his manager have realised Carlton will be desperate to keep him and he can likely force a Grundy style contract from them.
Grundy got his off the back of a career-best year. Cripps is arguably playing worse than his first full season in 2015.

Reckon his manager will be pushing for him to re-sign more than anything, and if this season pans out as badly as it has started the club will be open to moving him on IMO.

Priddis Is Done

Premiership Player
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
One of the best KPF's for a banged-up midfielder. If Allen was going there would be no 1st rounder.

Actually, what would the Blues be sending us back instead?
If we traded Allen to Carlton,

Fair trade would be an early 1st rounder and Cripps

But moot point, Allen not up for trade

Remove this Banner Ad