Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Oh I can't argue with you there.
Think maybe he needs to put himself first and maybe take a week or two off just rest his back and shoulder.
But doing us a favour by making other teams think they're not interested.
I remember Bont having a really down period like 2 years ago and I was saying the same thing people are saying about crippa.
Happy to keep him and hope someone can let him know what the footy world is thinking and light a fire under him.
Funny though how quickly people's opinions are made and changed, 34 disposals and 2 goals against freo 4 weeks ago, just had to point that out.
that Freo game is looking more and more like a one off though

Like I said previously though, he is still an AFL standard player but he would be lucky to be in the top 50 players based off the last 18 months whereas before that he was a top 10 player

Scotland

TheBrownDog
May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems to be a copping a lot more 'just pay what he's worth' commentary than I would expect of a player of his calibre.

I would expect the drums to be beating about how much WC/Freo are going to offer to get him back to WA and how the Blues are desperately trying to sign him before he becomes a free agent.

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Value dropping & still hasn't signed? something is off here

Doesn't really make sense.

No club would pay him more than Carlton you would think?
if they’re confident the form dip is solely or substantially attributable to a recoverable injury, then they’d be thinking an uninterrupted pre season and their own medical team will get him back on track.

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 27, 2012
On the couch
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Aston Villa
Carlton probably should trade him they have Sam Walsh now
Would be an idiotic move.

After all the “just wait until Cripps has more good midfielders around him” talk why would they sell him off just when that has materialised? So they can then say “just wait until Walsh has more support around him”?

Dumb.

Carlton would be selling low now anyway. Might as well keep him, and Cripps wouldn’t be able to demand too much of them

owen87

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Would be an idiotic move.

After all the “just wait until Cripps has more good midfielders around him” talk why would they sell him off just when that has materialised? So they can then say “just wait until Walsh has more support around him”?

Dumb.

Carlton would be selling low now anyway. Might as well keep him, and Cripps wouldn’t be able to demand too much of them
You say these things like Carlton haven’t been known to do all of the above in the last 2 decades...

Foucault1989

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
His body is smashed. No club would pay for him at the moment.

I think we'll keep him on a reasonable salary and fingers crossed he can get his body right, even if that means sitting out the back end of the season if we aren't playing finals and getting the rest/surgery he needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rich01

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Looks like he’s checked out:

Could be a good pick up for a contender for nothing trade wise.

Wouldn’t be giving him more than $500k and a three year contract though.

andrewb

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
I said a couple of years ago that he’s declined substantially, teams have worked out how to minimize his influence at the stoppages and they exploit his lack of mobility on the spread.

He’s terrible overhead for a big bloke too, so you can’t hide him up forward or down back. One trick pony... it was a seriously great trick for a while there though.

It’s a real pity, he was an absolute star and in a different team might have had a lot of team success

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I said a couple of years ago that he’s declined substantially, teams have worked out how to minimize his influence at the stoppages and they exploit his lack of mobility on the spread.

He’s terrible overhead for a big bloke too, so you can’t hide him up forward or down back. One trick pony... it was a seriously great trick for a while there though.

It’s a real pity, he was an absolute star and in a different team might have had a lot of team success
Would take him at West Coast if no trade required. Carlton would need to accept band one but.

kaiserchief13

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles, Lakers, Bayern, Trojans
This is what happens when you don't sign a contract before start of final season of contract. It's a risk and the player is putting all his eggs in his basket of playing well that year to maximise his new contract. If he plays poorly though his next contract is minimised. That's the risk

FrankGrimes

Club Legend
Jan 11, 2009
melb
AFL Club
Essendon
This is what happens when you don't sign a contract before start of final season of contract. It's a risk and the player is putting all his eggs in his basket of playing well that year to maximise his new contract. If he plays poorly though his next contract is minimised. That's the risk
Don’t tell me his agent is Rama? He Worked wonders for Ben brown!

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
The bloke is still a fantastic player. For one reason or another he is down on form but I’m sure he will fight through it

Kreuuuzeurns

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

A couple of years ago he was the best player in the competition. Was even playing well right up until rounds 7/8 last season.

The drop off has been insane. I’m almost certain he gets it back. Whether that’s through a long rest on the sidelines or a shift in the way he plays the game I’m not sure. Needs to do something though.

Bestbird

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
A couple of years ago he was the best player in the competition. Was even playing well right up until rounds 7/8 last season.

The drop off has been insane. I’m almost certain he gets it back. Whether that’s through a long rest on the sidelines or a shift in the way he plays the game I’m not sure. Needs to do something though.
His negatives in regards to the draft profile was speed and athleticism.

Cripps has always reminded me as a bit of an oversized Priddis who became a bit of a liability in his later years due to those weaknesses

Remove this Banner Ad