Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder the lack of signature is because other Melbourne clubs are circling too.

Essendon and Dodo are probably sniffing around, join a team on the rise with strong leadership and coaching that is pushing for finals in their first year of the rebuild.
Crippa wouldn't need to worry about carrying the team since he would be the 4th best midfielder in our rotation.

I wonder the lack of signature is because other Melbourne clubs are circling too.

Essendon and Dodo are probably sniffing around, join a team on the rise with strong leadership and coaching that is pushing for finals in their first year of the rebuild.
Crippa wouldn't need to worry about carrying the team since he would be the 4th best midfielder in our rotation.
Wouldn't that be something! I'm sure Austin would enjoy getting back in the room with Adrian, this time with the roles reversed.

On the rise, lol. Like being a shot a the flag each and every year. You did lose to Carlton just a few weeks ago. The media flogs can pump you up all you like, you are short players across all lines and your kids, are just that. They will come in and out of form many times in the next four years. Zero chance Crippa or anyone else of note is headed to Windy Hill this trade period.

On the rise, lol. Like being a shot a the flag each and every year. You did lose to Carlton just a few weeks ago. The media flogs can pump you up all you like, you are short players across all lines and your kids, are just that. They will come in and out of form many times in the next four years. Zero chance Crippa or anyone else of note is headed to Windy Hill this trade period.

Should be a good opportunity to directly compare the sides since the Bombers just beat West Coast on their home deck and Carlton will get to play them missing even more key players the next week.

Should be a good opportunity to directly compare the sides since the Bombers just beat West Coast on their home deck and Carlton will get to play them missing even more key players the next week.
Life savings on Blues to lead for 2/3 the game and then give up a 50 point swing to lose by 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is gettable now, he would seriously question why stay at Carlton, very bleak future.

Carlton would accept band 1 compo in a heart beat and under a new system Cripps most likely flourish again. He can still turn it on like he done afew weeks back.
He could come to Freo and get a season ending injury every year.

Is that something that might interest you Patrick?

What were the apparent terms of his new contract at the Blues?

4 x $650k?

If he had an inkling of not sticking with Carlton I hope Richmonds in his ear.

I think he is gettable now, he would seriously question why stay at Carlton, very bleak future.

Carlton would accept band 1 compo in a heart beat and under a new system Cripps most likely flourish again. He can still turn it on like he done afew weeks back.

He is worth more than pick 7-10, and we won’t let our captain walk without a whimper on principle alone. No way we don’t match.

Last edited:
He’s just not one of the best midfielders in the game anymore. Still a gun and only 26.

0 chance we let him walk for a single first round pick.
Yeah, I can't see a way he's not at the Blues next year.

No way he goes to trade.

If West Coast came at him Blues get Band 1. If they force a trade, they get a pick around 12. West Coast doesn't have the Salary to pay Band 1 anyway.

Fremantle not interested.

I'd be surprised if he's not at Carlton in next year.

Yeah, I can't see a way he's not at the Blues next year.

No way he goes to trade.

If West Coast came at him Blues get Band 1. If they force a trade, they get a pick around 12. West Coast doesn't have the Salary to pay Band 1 anyway.

Fremantle not interested.

I'd be surprised if he's not at Carlton in next year.

I reckon a 2 + 5-6 “Josh Kelly deal” makes the most sense for Crippa.

Carlton will clearly be pushing for 4-5 to remove the danger of UFA.

I’m not sure where else he could go if it isn’t west. Richmond would be a stretch.

The thread would be glorious, Dodo won't blink and won't trade for him and our first round this year would be worse than the compo pick.
Would be the most meltiest melt thread
Would be a complete non event. Josh Dunkley 2.0. Carlton would ask the world knowing there is no way he could get to the Bombers by any other means. I would imagine there would be a 1 minute phone call on day one setting our trade expectation, 150 ignored messages during the week and a 1 minute phone convo on deadline day agreeing that it wont happen.

Would be a complete non event. Josh Dunkley 2.0. Carlton would ask the world knowing there is no way he could get to the Bombers by any other means. I would imagine there would be a 1 minute phone call on day one setting our trade expectation, 150 ignored messages during the week and a 1 minute phone convo on deadline day agreeing that it wont happen.
Booo!

Put Dodo and whoever the Carlton list manager is these days in a pit and let them sort it out.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back