Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

wonder if he would be reconsidering staying (if the media reports are true that he's going to stay) as each week goes on. Gotta be honest I'm not really seeing anything near a finals team and he's made it clear he wants to play finals.

wonder if he would be reconsidering staying (if the media reports are true that he's going to stay) as each week goes on. Gotta be honest I'm not really seeing anything near a finals team and he's made it clear he wants to play finals.
Where's he going to go?

I struggle to accept the reports linking him to WC. I don't really see how WC could/would pay him 800k or satisfy Carlton in a trade if it came to that.

No he isn't, take the rose colored glasses off he has been subpar the last 3 seasons from his only good one.
Last 3? AFLPA MVP in 2019, maybe you should think about putting some glasses on

Has been poor the last season and a half, I don't think anyone will dispute that. His current form and questions around his body mean he's probably worth more to us than what any team would feasibly pay him/offer to us in a trade (I am assuming we would match any RFA offer). I wouldn't be paying him more than 800k if I was Carlton and I don't think any other club would offer him much more either. Band 1 comp isn't enough for him IMO but in the event he did leave no club is going to negotiate a trade equivalent to the value of the player he was pre-2020

Is the Age report false that he has already signed or it's there in front of him to sign. Anyways he's not going anywhere and I dont think Carlton should trade him. He obviously playing injured still and struggling. I think he will play out the rest of the year and have surgery in the preseason. The club will hope be back near his best next season.

Is the Age report false that he has already signed or it's there in front of him to sign. Anyways he's not going anywhere and I dont think Carlton should trade him. He obviously playing injured still and struggling. I think he will play out the rest of the year and have surgery in the preseason. The club will hope be back near his best next season.
If he's staying why wouldn't he have the surgery now?

Where's he going to go?

I struggle to accept the reports linking him to WC. I don't really see how WC could/would pay him 800k or satisfy Carlton in a trade if it came to that.

could be a lachie neale type move where he moves to a different state even though he wasn't born there. Sydney would be a good place for a 26 year old mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a 2 + 5-6 “Josh Kelly deal” makes the most sense for Crippa.

Carlton will clearly be pushing for 4-5 to remove the danger of UFA.

I’m not sure where else he could go if it isn’t west. Richmond would be a stretch.
Would love him at the Tigers but our cap would be stretched to something like $800k x 4/5 years which would still be band 1 but
cant see him leaving Carlton

Bloody hell, that is an extraordinarily long deal for Cripps.

Someone want to check on Kane Cornes? He's probably having palpitations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back