Recommitted Patrick Cripps [Re-Signed to 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo were bullied this afternoon. They’ll be sending in a big offer.

After seeing first hand how far off the mark they are Cripps would be silly to accept. No Fyfe no Freo.

You think it puts Carlton out of the race in trying to get Merret signing Cripps to a long term deal
Pretty sure our list strategy would work on the presumption Cripps stays on a pretty healthy contract.

McKay is the one that may preclude us from another big name. Clubs love throwing bat s**t crazy money at big forwards.

Yep our average team age of of 7 months more than Carlton means we're about to fall off a cliff.

Been hearing this since '15.

Care to tell us where we're going to fall down after certain players retire?

I'm interested in your analysis.
Average is probably the least useful stat in analysing an ageing list.

Carltons eldest players are Betts, Murphy, ECurnow, Casboult and Jones.

The only one that isn’t easily replaceable is Jones.

Meanwhile... Natanui, Kennedy, Shuey, Hurn and Sheppard are all north of 30 (or will be by years end).

Others such as Darling, Gaff, Cripps and McGovern are approaching 30 and they’re pretty vital players.

Anyway, that’s what’s meant by an ageing team. And that’s how you compare. Use the median not the average which doesn’t consider outliers.

Nevertheless I still think West Coast will be contending for at least another couple of years.

After seeing first hand how far off the mark they are Cripps would be silly to accept. No Fyfe no Freo.

Our loss today was nothing to do with Fyfe .

Crippa to sign a 5 year deal $850k with the Blues, should be reported in the next week or so.

Harry to get the same deal or similar.

Crippa to sign a 5 year deal $850k with the Blues, should be reported in the next week or so.

Harry to get the same deal or similar.
Cant see how that number could be correct

Cripps management will not agree to a 5 year deal for $850k when a player like Williams has been placed on the same deal and I personally dont believe that Carlton would insult him with that type of deal. Cripps is carltons best player and captain and young enough to warrant a 5 year deal

He will get $1 mil a year imo

you beat a freo team with a few players out with injury.... Well done.

Saying that, its was always going to narrow down to Eagles or Blues.

Very likely to stay at carlton now.

Cant see how that number could be correct

Cripps management will not agree to a 5 year deal for $850k when a player like Williams has been placed on the same deal and I personally dont believe that Carlton would insult him with that type of deal. Cripps is carltons best player and captain and young enough to warrant a 5 year deal

He will get $1 mil a year imo
Cripps is the one who pushed for Williams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you beat a freo team with a few players out with injury.... Well done.

Saying that, its was always going to narrow down to Eagles or Blues.

Very likely to stay at carlton now.

Your midfield was largely untouched outside of Fyfe who has been playing forward anyway. You could cut some slack for your forwards and backs who were depleted but the midfield really has no excuse. Need an extra big body in there atleast until your young trio (+ Valente who I like) throw some size on.

Liddle told the big money guys on the weekend it was basically done. Club is having a fund raiser the night of the Bombers game. Will be announced there if not before

Your midfield was largely untouched outside of Fyfe who has been playing forward anyway. You could cut some slack for your forwards and backs who were depleted but the midfield really has no excuse. Need an extra big body in there atleast until your young trio (+ Valente who I like) throw some size on.
depends on the view....

I knew when freo went 0-10 in 2016. I was dead certain it was going to be a very long rebuild and knew freo were going to spend 4-5 years of not playing finals.

Backline is missing Alex Pearce, Hamlng and Logue. Need at least 2 of them to be fully fit and we will improve on there.

Midfield is interesting. Its sucks that we have lost Lachie Neale, Brad Hill and Ed Langdon over the years by trades. Neale was only on $500-$550,000 a year at freo before he left. We could of taken the risk and let him stay at freo for another season then Throw him a 5 year deal at $800,000 a year.

Brad Hill, I got no animosity towards him, none whats so ever. As posted on other threads. We gave him a 5 year deal at $2.5 million over 5 years. $700,000 for years 1 and 2, $500,000 on year 3, $300,000 on years 4 and 5 had he stayed in 2020 and 2021. Saints offered him a 5-6 year deal at $900,000 a year. I would of loved to have kept Ed Langdon. Sure he isnt the best kick but 68 games and 33 goals from 2015-19 showed he was half decent depth. Would of been interesting has we kept and persisted with the likes of viv mitchie or Harley balic. But thats in the past now.

Freos midfield on paper, even without fyfe, should be half decent: Mundy, Brayshaw, Cerra, Acres, Conca are all experienced inside mids. Outside mid stocks are not good once Hill and Langdon left. An ageing and injury prone stephen hill, James Aish, Travis Coyler, Stefan Giro and Michael Frederick. None of them are A-graders. they are either B or C grade outside mids.

Forward line is missing Rory Lobb. Even then I am hapy with Taberner at Full forward and Cox at CHF if all the other tall defenders are fit. Walters can kick 30-35 goals a season. We then need another small in either Switkowski or Bewley or Schulz or Crowden to do it too.

Would of been nice to pinch a finals spot in 2019 or 2020 but that didnt happen.

As far as Cripps is concerned... Do I rate him? Yes I do. He does remind me of Stephen Cogniglio at GWS. Would Cripps or Cogs help freos midfield? Absolutely. Only problem is when they come in a free agent situation, for them to move, you need to offer so much money to the point they are turning down a lotto ticket.

I'd be shocked if he re-signs with the Blues... needs to ask himself does he want to spend another 100+ games in a losing team.

Brander and a first round pick for Cripps. Carlton gets another highly talented key forward, clears salary cap to chase Cerra.

That would require WC to acquire another first-rounder. It's not impossible but they'd need to get creative.

That aside, I'm not sure Brander is what Carlton need currently.
I don't think Cripps is what we need either, hence a player and a first rounder, but he would take a lot of the inside workload off Yeo and Shuey. We need speed in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back