Scratchy05

All Australian
Sep 16, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Want to hear both sides thoughts
Freo receive: P.Cripps, S.Petrevski-Seton
Carl receive: A.Cerra, A.Pearce

Why Fremantle do this: The acquisition of Cripps will allow them to give Fyfe a lot more time forward without hurting their midfield as Cripps and Fyfe are of a somewhat similar mould. Adam Cerra could very well request a trade home so they should try strike while the iron is hot. Petrevski-Seton could replace an Aish or a Colyer in the side as well. Maybe a change of scenery helps him. Alex Pearce, while a good defender, is very injury prone and Fremantle have a surplus of Key Position defenders such as Cox, Logue & Hamling as well as smaller guys who can play tall in Ryan and Chapman.

Why Carlton do this: They are probably a touch behind where people expect them to be in their rebuild (although I do think they could play finals). Cripps is currently committed to Carlton and honestly, wouldn't surprise me to see him stay if Carlton want him to stay but in saying that, he is 26 and will be around 28-30 when you'd imagine Carlton will be challenging for a flag. Cerra will make them slightly worse in the short term but is much younger and will be hitting his prime around the same time Carlton will be you would have to imagine. WHile Liam Jones is having a good year, he isn't getting any younger and Alex Pearce at the peak of his powers was an upgrade over Liam Jones. However, Carlton would need to get his body right.

I personally don't believe any picks need to be exchanged in this deal because to me as a neutral, it seems very fair. Would like to hear others thoughts though.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle

Why Fremantle do this: The acquisition of Cripps will allow them to give Fyfe a lot more time forward without hurting their midfield as Cripps and Fyfe are of a somewhat similar mould. Adam Cerra could very well request a trade home so they should try strike while the iron is hot. Petrevski-Seton could replace an Aish or a Colyer in the side as well. Maybe a change of scenery helps him. Alex Pearce, while a good defender, is very injury prone and Fremantle have a surplus of Key Position defenders such as Cox, Logue & Hamling as well as smaller guys who can play tall in Ryan and Chapman.

Why Carlton do this: They are probably a touch behind where people expect them to be in their rebuild (although I do think they could play finals). Cripps is currently committed to Carlton and honestly, wouldn't surprise me to see him stay if Carlton want him to stay but in saying that, he is 26 and will be around 28-30 when you'd imagine Carlton will be challenging for a flag. Cerra will make them slightly worse in the short term but is much younger and will be hitting his prime around the same time Carlton will be you would have to imagine. WHile Liam Jones is having a good year, he isn't getting any younger and Alex Pearce at the peak of his powers was an upgrade over Liam Jones. However, Carlton would need to get his body right.

I personally don't believe any picks need to be exchanged in this deal because to me as a neutral, it seems very fair. Would like to hear others thoughts though.
Zero interest in Cripps unless we get him as a FA and for a reasonable salary (~750k). We just got absolutely smashed on the spread and Cripps is about the last bloke in the league you would want coming in if that is the problem.

If Cerra goes, give us the draft picks and maybe we finally draft some quality KPF/s.

I would trade Pearce separately though and wish him good luck, clearly not having any with us.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast

I actually think there is not much interest in Cripps among fans of either WA side. It's not obvious to me that he's what either WC or Freo need. So any bumper trade seems like a stretch.

Carlton wouldn't want to pay a ridiculous amount of money to keep him for a mid who will turn 27 next year
Why is that a bad thing? They don't need more picks, especially given some of their recent howlers (not a pot shot, just the truth), they need quality players like Cripps. Are we fetishising young guys for upside again?

BlueBalls#17

Rookie
Nov 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Cannot wait for this speculation to end.
Contract is hashed out already best it can be until the 2022 budgets are officially announced.
Paddy retires a blue.

Cannot wait for this speculation to end.
Contract is hashed out already best it can be until the 2022 budgets are officially announced.
Paddy retires a blue.
Good, neither team from WA seem interested

Unless he does something major moving forward his best is well behind him

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

BlueBalls#17

Rookie
Nov 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Good, neither team from WA seem interested

Unless he does something major moving forward his best is well behind him

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Well we'll stick by him and he'll stick by us...
If you think crippas finished then I look forward to quoting this post at the end of the year, blokes been playing through injuries most the people on bigfooty wouldn't go to office jobs with.
Carrying the hopes of a whole football club got abit to heavy for his back I reckon 😉
His not even playing poorly... testament to how good he is that still averaging 20+ while injured is so below what anyone who watches footy expects of him.

Well we'll stick by him and he'll stick by us...
If you think crippas finished then I look forward to quoting this post at the end of the year, blokes been playing through injuries most the people on bigfooty wouldn't go to office jobs with.
Carrying the hopes of a whole football club got abit to heavy for his back I reckon 😉
His not even playing poorly... testament to how good he is that still averaging 20+ while injured is so below what anyone who watches footy expects of him.
Almost 2 years injuries have been used as an excuse, that excuse is starting to run thin

Has been in the coaches votes twice out of 7 games and in one game he got 1 vote so he snuck in. If they isn't regressing then I don't know what is

He may not be playing really poorly but he is just going ok which is why a team would be ******* stupid to offer him big money

BlueBalls#17

Rookie
Nov 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Almost 2 years injuries have been used as an excuse, that excuse is starting to run thin

Has been in the coaches votes twice out of 7 games and in one game he got 1 vote so he snuck in. If they isn't regressing then I don't know what is

He may not be playing really poorly but he is just going ok which is why a team would be ******* stupid to offer him big money
Oh I can't argue with you there.
Think maybe he needs to put himself first and maybe take a week or two off just rest his back and shoulder.
But doing us a favour by making other teams think they're not interested.
I remember Bont having a really down period like 2 years ago and I was saying the same thing people are saying about crippa.
Happy to keep him and hope someone can let him know what the footy world is thinking and light a fire under him.
Funny though how quickly people's opinions are made and changed, 34 disposals and 2 goals against freo 4 weeks ago, just had to point that out.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why is that a bad thing? They don't need more picks, especially given some of their recent howlers (not a pot shot, just the truth), they need quality players like Cripps. Are we fetishising young guys for upside again?
I agree, I think Carlton are going for finals now having traded out a top 10 for Saad and throwing the salary cap sink at Williams.

I believe McGovern is OOC this year (?), the blues would be ecstatic to be able to off load most of that to Cripps.

BlueBalls#17

Rookie
Nov 24, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Wasn't he meant to sign at the B&F?
Budgets for 2022 still aren't released, players in the 800k and upward a year brackets that might get front loaded and backloaded contracts to suit a clubs budget cant really sign without a guarentee of what they will earn next year.
Though from my uncles friends dogs ex owners neighbour who's a very reliable source, numbers are hashed out in principle and people at the club are not in the slightest bit concerned about it like bigfooty is and football fortune tellers are.
Either way these boards are gonna be fun to read in hindsight a year from now.

Oh I can't argue with you there.
Think maybe he needs to put himself first and maybe take a week or two off just rest his back and shoulder.
But doing us a favour by making other teams think they're not interested.
I remember Bont having a really down period like 2 years ago and I was saying the same thing people are saying about crippa.
Happy to keep him and hope someone can let him know what the footy world is thinking and light a fire under him.
Funny though how quickly people's opinions are made and changed, 34 disposals and 2 goals against freo 4 weeks ago, just had to point that out.
that Freo game is looking more and more like a one off though

Like I said previously though, he is still an AFL standard player but he would be lucky to be in the top 50 players based off the last 18 months whereas before that he was a top 10 player

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Seems to be a copping a lot more 'just pay what he's worth' commentary than I would expect of a player of his calibre.

I would expect the drums to be beating about how much WC/Freo are going to offer to get him back to WA and how the Blues are desperately trying to sign him before he becomes a free agent.

Daka

Premium Platinum
Nov 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania Devils
Value dropping & still hasn't signed? something is off here

Doesn't really make sense.

No club would pay him more than Carlton you would think?

RAPPA

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 20, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Value dropping & still hasn't signed? something is off here

Doesn't really make sense.

No club would pay him more than Carlton you would think?

if they’re confident the form dip is solely or substantially attributable to a recoverable injury, then they’d be thinking an uninterrupted pre season and their own medical team will get him back on track.

Back