Patrick Cummins- The future star?

Remove this Banner Ad

And Smith was dropped because they played him as a front line spinner, he went back and made a s**t load of runs. Clarke was dropped too when he didn't make runs. Warner is gifted a spot because he brings in $$$

Gifted a spot? I'm putting you on block because there is literally zero value in engaging in a conversation with someone as moronic as you

Who would come into the team and average more than the 38 Warner does away from home?
An inanimate carbon Rod.

Last year I would have said Bancroft if he hadn't of dropped off form. This year I would have said Renshaw but he already made it. Marsh and Renshaw. Done.

Also you mean 29 away from home

Amla, Rudolph, De villiers, Steyn + Morkel being useless
Playing a regulation pull shot is not slogging. Rudolph was not trying to slog him at all. All bowlers get to bowl to useless tail Enders, so you can't really just remove those wickets either. So you're still left with him taking 4/79 in the second innings of a test to push on for victory even if you exclude some of his wickets because you don't deem them 'worthy'

An inanimate carbon Rod.

Last year I would have said Bancroft if he hadn't of dropped off form. This year I would have said Renshaw but he already made it. Marsh and Renshaw. Done.

Also you mean 29 away from home
South Africa is in Australia? Weird. Also odd we have all these batsmen who could replace him when we can't even find 6 batsmen averaging over 38 in any conditions. I guess you'd also prefer an 'all rounder' like Cartwright or Maxwell at 6 than Warner then...

Playing a regulation pull shot is not slogging. Rudolph was not trying to slog him at all. All bowlers get to bowl to useless tail Enders, so you can't really just remove those wickets either. So you're still left with him taking 4/79 in the second innings of a test to push on for victory even if you exclude some of his wickets because you don't deem them 'worthy'
See this is where you are wrong. Rudolph was going after him and hence the pull shot was a slog. Amla was a dirty swipe, so was Steyn and ABD was playing a slogging swipe. Not every bowler got to bowl to Morkel either, he was out first ball.

See this is where you are wrong. Rudolph was going after him and hence the pull shot was a slog. Amla was a dirty swipe, so was Steyn and ABD was playing a slogging swipe. Not every bowler got to bowl to Morkel either, he was out first ball.
Watch the shot. It's a regulation pull, nothing slogging about it. De villagers wasn't really a slog as much as a loose shot either. Also just because every bowler didn't bowl to Merkel on this particular day, the point stands. Every bowler bowls at tail enders

Watch the shot. It's a regulation pull, nothing slogging about it. De villagers wasn't really a slog as much as a loose shot either. Also just because every bowler didn't bowl to Merkel on this particular day, the point stands. Every bowler bowls at tail enders

Don't waste your time on the unwashed mate, anyone calling a pull shot that was skied because Cummins rushed him doesn't understand the sport

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who goes for a pull shot that early unless you are trying to slog someone. Common sense man. Also it stands at this point, he got a wicket in a useless tail enders because he was the only one to bowl at him. Logic, use it for once man.

Who goes for a pull shot that early unless you are trying to slog someone. Common sense man. Also it stands at this point, he got a wicket in a useless tail enders because he was the only one to bowl at him. Logic, use it for once man.

Yeah he's so s**t for getting out tailenders before anyone else could

Gifted a spot?

He averages 49 in Test Cricket.
Not to mention the fact that batsmen all over the world score a century before lunch, on the first day of the Test. Oh wait......

Yeah Warner doesn't always come off, but when he does, he's a match winner: much like Adam Gilchrist (3 hours of Gilly, and it was virtually game over). That's why Warner always needs to be in the side.

Last edited:
Smith Clarke Warner and Warne were average at best first class cricketers at best when selected, just maybe they don't need to play an arbitrary number of games to please you
Compared to their pears they were fine, Cummings wouldn't have made to top 20 out of 24 bowlers.

Gifted a spot? I'm putting you on block because there is literally zero value in engaging in a conversation with someone as moronic as you

He's not gifted a spot now but let's take a cab down real street here.

He wasn't picked in the first place on the back of a prolific first class career (though I'm certain his average was decent). It was a gamble pickin him initially and it happened to pay off

He's not gifted a spot now but let's take a cab down real street here.

He wasn't picked in the first place on the back of a prolific first class career (though I'm certain his average was decent). It was a gamble pickin him initially and it happened to pay off

I think that was my original point though? He was gifted a spot early because they saw the talent in him
Same as Cummins, and many many other of our best players

Cummins is a good talent but not sure that his body allow him to last a full testimonial tour, the last thing want to do is get injured in the middle of an important test match. He is prone to injury I'm afraid.

Cummins is a good talent but not sure that his body allow him to last a full testimonial tour, the last thing want to do is get injured in the middle of an important test match. He is prone to injury I'm afraid.

Starc missed a lot through injury when he was young
So did McGrath

Remove this Banner Ad

Back