Patrick Dangerfield leading the charge for footy fashion runways

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a no from me. Sir Alex Ferguson insisted that his Manchester United team turn up to games wearing club suits. Dangerfield would have hated that. Turn up in club attire. It's not an inconvenience.
He would have gone surfing wouldn't he?

Patrick Dangerfield leading the charge for footy fashion runways​

Geelong captain Patrick Dangerfield is leading a new push for the AFL to introduce a radical change to pre-match TV coverage.

AFL players are at the forefront of a new American-style push for high fashion before games, with Seven's Tom Browne reporting that Patrick Dangerfield is leading the charge.
“It’s popular with fans, popular as a feature on social media in the build-up to games, and popular on the broadcast,” Browne said.

According to Browne, the 18 AFL captains discussed the idea at the season launch.

“Some of the top players, including (Patrick) Dangerfield...are now specifically pushing for this concept - that is, the right to wear their own gear to the ground.”

The US-inspired approach is not new to the sport, with the short-lived AFLX pre-season competition allowing players to wear their own clothing and incorporating a pre-game catwalk.

look, not much more to say about this other than

lol

"and Dustin Martin arrives at the MCG, wearing a Tiger print suit by Gucci...."

67140553-11693991-The_black_and_white_tiger_striped_suit_at_the_2022_Super_Bowl_th-a-56_1675253671267.jpg

And can’t you just see it now, interviews as they go into the rooms like the Brownlow red carpet, and Daisy Pearce asks ‘And you are dressed by …???’

God help us!

"...and who are you dressed by"?

"...actually I'm dressed by my girlfriend/wife/boyfriend who is a designer"

"...and where can we buy her/his clothing"?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back