Patrick Dangerfield or Dustin Martin - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Dustys ability to neutralise a contest and win it at ground level while being strong enough to throw off most players is only marginally behind dangerfields marking and pace.

Dusty has the ability to take your breath away with his disposal. You don't really see that from Dangerfield.

Dusty's disposal is elite though, and that's the knock on both Danger and Fyfe. Fyfe and Danger are better overhead, but what's more important for a midfielder?
Fyfe and Danger have the potential to become elite marking forwards.
But so has Dusty as a small forward. He is the modern day turbo version of Lethal,imho.

Except under extreme pressure as witnessed in the QF when he had a season high for any player in 2017 of 6 out of bounds on the full.
They should call that the Jake Stringer Award after his 3 out of bounds on the full up to three quarter time in the Grand Final (also because he's a dickhead).

Danger does both and on either foot.

Lol no he doesn't. Martin is on another level entirely with his foot skills.

Dusty's 50 meter lace out to Reiwoldt in the Freo game was on another level. League Teams highlighted it and Brad Jonson said it was the best kick he has ever seen. GPS had it peak at 68kph over 51 meters, league average for the same distance is 40kph. No wonder Jack looked back in astonishment

Danger is more often than not kicking under immense pressure or bursting away at full tilt. Dangers 60m goal on the left this year was one of the goals of the year. Martin footskills are not elite they are good but but not elite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger is more often than not kicking under immense pressure or bursting away at full tilt. Dangers 60m goal on the left this year was one of the goals of the year. Martin footskills are not elite they are good but but not elite.

martins kicking is elite, watch a game please

also i think youll find dusty has kicked goals just as impressive this season

On this years form, the players, coaches, umpires and almost all media outlets disagree

No they dont all they agree is that he played the best in the games he was involved in. Do you think Dangers game against Hawthorn Martin has had a game with the same impact.

On this years form, the players, coaches, umpires and almost all media outlets disagree

Well they're wrong. It's all about making a big story out of him and his dad. Danger was all the hype this year until the AFL decided to change the narrative and give Martin absolutely every accolade they possibly could to bolster their narrative.

Dangers story was getting old and people were getting tired of it, I assume it was around the time they rubbed him out of his Brownlow that they decided to shift narrative.

Before Danger it was the Bont story and so many other stories before him. The Clay Smith/Menzel knee story was another. How long can a story be dragged out for? Before Martin it was almost solely Danger, and he had been going on for near 18 months surfing in suits, appearing everywhere etc. That's probably the longest of all the storys I've seen, even the Goodes story.

The same thing will happen with Martin. And I doubt his story will last as long. There will be stories of him and his dad for the next 6-12 months, like what his tattoos mean and whether he hangs is roll of toilet paper over or under on the holder. But it's just the latest story. I can't trust players, coaches, umpires and all most all media outlets when they're all in co-ords together trying to manufacture the same agenda and story.

Don't you question why umpires are "inconsistent"? Why some Brownlow votes make zero sense? Why certain players are suspended and others aren't for the same thing? It's not random at all, every discrepancy is essentially match fixing by the AFL to help the club they barrack for.

Last edited:
No they dont all they agree is that he played the best in the games he was involved in. Do you think Dangers game against Hawthorn Martin has had a game with the same impact.

is that the game he acted like he got shot in the foot?

yep, dont have to look far tbh

round 1 2017 - 33 disposals, 4 goals, 4 goal assists

Well they're wrong. It's all about making a big story out of him and his dad. Danger was all the hype this year until the AFL decided to change the narrative and give Martin absolutely every accolade they possibly could to bolster their narrative.

Dangers story was getting old and people were getting tired of it, I assume it was around the time they rubbed him out of his Brownlow that they decided to shift narrative.

Before Danger it was the Bont story and so many other stories before him. The Clay Smith/Menzel knee story was another. How long can a story be dragged out for? Before Martin it was almost solely Danger, and he had been going on for near 18 months surfing in suits, appearing everywhere etc. That's probably the longest of all the storys I've seen, even the Goodes story.

The same thing will happen with Martin. And I doubt his story will last as long. There will be stories of him and his dad for the next 6-12 months, like what his tattoos mean and whether he hangs is roll of toilet paper over or under on the holder. But it's just the latest story. I can't trust players, coaches, umpires and all most all media outlets when they're all in co-ords together trying to manufacture the same agenda and story.

Don't you question why umpires are "inconsistent"? Why some Brownlow votes make zero sense? Why certain players are suspended and others aren't for the same thing? It's not random at all, every discrepancy is essentially match fixing by the AFL to help the club they barrack for.

upload_2017-11-21_10-21-54.jpeg

dusty has less impact than danger? lmao

Yes. He's far to skinny and is limited in some regard. Doesn't have any freakish attributes that all the other top 5 players possess. He reminds me of an extremely good version of Mitch Duncan.

Yes. He's far to skinny and is limited in some regard. Doesn't have any freakish attributes that all the other top 5 players possess. He reminds me of an extremely good version of Mitch Duncan.

ahhh ok youre a troll

phew

"skinny"
513341-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Sure martin is a story, but his influence on games is very similar to Danger. I do agree Bont is slightly over blown (might be his seson this year I reckon).
Martin is a wrecking ball. His kicking is about the best in the comp. Kicking 55m around the corner, banana for goal from 45m, 70m gorps, or bullet passes, does them all. Previous years and still occasionally fluffs one, but his kicking separates him from others.

LOL. I'm guessing you've never actually watched martin play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back