Patrick Dangerfield or Dustin Martin - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty because he can kick an 80m torp that ends in a goal. And no other player in the league would have done that.

Round 1 this year.

*, that was amazing. I love the celebration after the goal, too. Riewoldt happy as a pig in s**t. I'm reading the new Richmond book by Konrad Marshall, and he talks about how one of the big changes they made after 2016 was to have a bit of fun and celebrate after a goal or a win, and that's perfectly shown here

Danger is still the better player he is better at basically every aspect of the game.

Danger is still the better player he is better at basically every aspect of the game.
Rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

Dusty is a better TEAM player.
Dusty's kicking to advantage is far better and he often kicks it 60m too. Danger kicks it long too but often more indiscriminately.
Dusty's decision making is far better. His "don't argue" just lifts his team mates too.

Danger is faster on the burst and can break open a game that way. Probably shades Dusty as a forward but Dusty is no mug either like that.

Both great players but this year Dusty has caught up rapidly and in some areas surpassed him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Houli was BOG in the granny.
Chill out.
No he wasn't. If we were judging players by their own standards, I'd agree. Just for one minute imagine if Houli had Dusty's stats of 29 possessions of which 22 were contested. It would be hailed as one of the greatest GF performances of recent times. Yet because Dusty did it and didn't have that little bit more outside polish he usually displays, people downplay it. I've watched the replay many times and really got to see the impact Dusty had in winning the game for us through his inside work. He often would take two or more crows out of the game as they would pounce in him but still release the ball out to our advantage. Even Houli's goal was set up by Dusty.

:rolleyes: It's coming champ.
Ps Martin was in best 3 on ground in gf-was he best? Nope.
Still, can't fault his season but keep calm old boy.

Rewatched the GF last night and Dusty was BoG. I thought it at the time and it was confirmed again on repeat. He was awesome.

Good for you. Many would disagree though including 18 AFL coaches and the majority of his peers. LMAO, what would they know?:rolleyes:

You mean in 2017? Yeah, Martin was the best player. Is he the best player in the competition? Nope. Dangerfield is, he's done it for longer.

Lol.

Is Ablett the best footballer in the competition? No. Not anymore.
Is Fyfe the best footballer in the competition? No. Not any more.

Following that logic the player with the best recent year (2017) is the current best footballer in the competition. We are not saying the best player over their whole career. That's a very different discussion.

You mean in 2017? Yeah, Martin was the best player. Is he the best player in the competition? Nope. Dangerfield is, he's done it for longer.
You agreed Dusty was the best player for
2017 which means he would currently be the best player in the competition. You cant use past seasons as an argument as to who is the CURRENT best player. Of course its reasonable to use when both players have retired or when discussing who has been the best player overall to date (which wasnt what you were suggesting). By that logic that GAJ is by far the best player in the comp, but hes isnt due to injury.

Lol.

Is Ablett the best footballer in the competition? No. Not anymore.
Is Fyfe the best footballer in the competition? No. Not any more.

Following that logic the player with the best recent year (2017) is the current best footballer in the competition. We are not saying the best player over their whole career. That's a very different discussion.

Sorry - the thread was decided 12 months ago, and the answer was overwhelmingly Dangerfield. All further posts are invalid.

should close the thread dusty clearly the better player. main difference, dusty is a team player who brings players into the game and improves teammates, danger is 'me me me' and will do anything for a cheap stat

Highlighted by our drop from 10th all the way down to the top 4 after his arrival. His lack of team play really hurt us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back