Patrick Dangerfield or Scott Pendlebury?

Who is better?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pendlebury on the other hand has fallen off the radar since Collingwood's decline, up until recently he was rated as one of if not the best player in the AFL, now he isn't spoken about as much when Brownlow discussions arise.
He was never rated as a best player in the afl in any year that he played. Like selwood and simon black he was constantly around the 3-7 mark.

Pendlebury.

Elite player for a longer period of time, and I prefer his game style.

Probably in the minority, but I reckon Dangerfield is very overrated and has been slowly declining since his peak season in 2016.
I agree, I think Danger butchers the ball too much to be considered a great of the game, good highlights package bursting from packs, great one on one mark when forward but his disposal by and large is ordinary........... IMO.

Honestly if you're saying pendlebury > dangerfield from 2015-present, I think you're bullshítting. That's how objectively wrong you are.

People sure like to be edgy in these comparisons.

Both at their very best, Danger. Very few can dominate a game as emphatically as he can. Pendlebury is more a death by thousand paper-cuts whereas Danger at his very best is an absolute bull and changes games in moments.

However, when picking one on their careers, Pendlebury wins easy for mine. Pendlebury has done it for far longer. It's incredible really how good he has been for so long. Even this season, he is playing at higher level than Danger.

In many ways Pendlebury is one of the most underrated total champions of his era.

Honestly if you're saying pendlebury > dangerfield from 2015-present, I think you're bullshítting. That's how objectively wrong you are.

People sure like to be edgy in these comparisons.

Totally, people can't have different opinions...

Pendlebury.

Elite player for a longer period of time, and I prefer his game style.

Probably in the minority, but I reckon Dangerfield is very overrated and has been slowly declining since his peak season in 2016.

What makes Dangerfield overrated?

Who would be the top 5 players in the game over the past 5 or so years?

Tough call, but I take Pendles for 2 reasons, leadership and quality of disposal.

Danger can tear a game apart but his kicking is average at best, where as Pendles is elite in the most important aspect of the game IMO and that is the ability to use the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just reckon Danger has lost that bit of explosivenesses that he used to possess. Can't seem to breakout in to that cocky run anymore and he looks a bit banged up. But he can have his moments. A good footballer.

Pendlebury, well what can I say? He keeps on keeping on, that workhorse player that might not be flashy but can go in and get you 30 disposals and perform a job. Just one thing though, when was the last time he won a game off his own boot?

Two fine footballers. I take my hat off to both of them and their achievements.

Just very different midfielders, Danger is superior in every category except disposal efficiency which is partly due to Pendles handballing more and Danger taking the long option on kicks more. Danger with Pendles accuracy and football smarts would rival GAJ 07-14 as the best player of all time

Just very different midfielders, Danger is superior in every category except disposal efficiency which is partly due to Pendles handballing more and Danger taking the long option on kicks more. Danger with Pendles accuracy and football smarts would rival GAJ 07-14 as the best player of all time
And you know, Pendles being a better kick. Plus with longer kicks unless it's a dirct turnover it's counted as an efficient disposal.

I'd take Danger, but good question overall.

Lol. Dangerfield has his “explosive” season where everyone exploded and he got his Brownlow but to say that he is definitively better is untrue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. He followed up the Brownlow season with a 33 vote runner up season. Preceding the Brownlow year he was on 20+ votes a season four years in a row. He's hardly a blow in like you suggest.

Dangerfield's Brownlow puts him a tier above Pendlebury who has never won the ultimate.

I can’t stand him but let’s be real, Danger’s 2016 and 2017 seasons are better than anything Pendlebury has ever put together. Swan was also better than Pendlebury and a better option for this poll..

Selwood a better comparison for Pendlebury. Most people would throw duck comments but one played finals for 14 seasons & the other.. done * all for half of it 😂

Back