Patrick Dangerfield - Slowing Down?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett is averaging 30 possies and a goal a game.

Not bad for a bloke who is 'past it'

Agreed, and with Fyfe out of contention, Dusty below par and Danger off the boil, he is still a chance for the Brownlow despite the games missed which underlines how good the man is.
Has certainly regained my respect and a damn shame he wasted so much of his career on the GC.

Patrick Dangerfield at the same time last year was considered the competition's best player, and one of the brownlow favourites. Now, at the same point in the season this year, he looks a shadow of his former self.

Looking at his disposals for the past 5 weeks (27, 26, 27, 29, 28), he is still getting a reasonable amount of ball. However, he looks slower and less damaging that previous seasons. Can we attribute this to his age? Or has he been overshadowed by superior mids like Nat Fyfe and Dustin Martin?
Lack of preseason
Hamstring injury- his first ever.
A back complaint
A calf knock.
He is definitely not the irrepressible force he was in 2016, 2017, but maybe that's how he hurt his back, carrying our MF for those 2 years!
He is still potent.
I don't seriously believe it's that Martin and Fyfe have overtaken him by their improvement; I truly feel Danger is NQR. Anybody who reads my posts will know that I even created a thread BEFORE we got Danger that I thought Martin was his equal, and should he have been our target. And I am a massive Fyfe fan- what's not to like!?
And Fyfe is finally back to his physical best, which puts him as the #1 player in the comp anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back