Prediction Patrick Dangerfield to become a 400 gamer

Will Patrick Dangerfield play 400 games?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Until Dusty retires, he will be the best player in the comp this year at least.
His pride and hunger will help keep the Tigers very much in calculations.

I think Bontempelli and Petracca will be more consistent and have the better overall season in 2022.
No blight on Dusty but Bontempelli just had a brilliant season and is right in his prime for the next 3-4 seasons.

The tigers can huff and puff as much as they wish, they will win the games they are not suppose to but lose to the teams they should of won and miss the finals (again).
Too much improvement is coming from teams who have been out for years on end. It will be a rapid rise for teams like Carlton, Freo, St Kilda etc. Richmond's time has come and gone.

Until Dusty retires, he will be the best player in the comp this year at least.
His pride and hunger will help keep the Tigers very much in calculations.
He’s won 3 flags and just lost his dad. How hungry can he be?

I reckon his motivation just won’t be there, just like last year.

Lol do people forget the concept of aging? Already showing obvious signs of slowing down. isnt near the player he was 3 years ago.

will probably be retired within 3 years. And if he isnt he probably should be.

I mean he is contracted for another 3 years so the club thinks he will go that long at least.

It’s unbelievable how some people think that Danger won’t see out his 3 year contract.

Unless he has a unlucky run of injuries (most likely concussions) then he’ll be on the list for the next 3 years, then the club can make a decision from there. And then we can criticise it as much as we want...

Lol do people forget the concept of aging? Already showing obvious signs of slowing down. isnt near the player he was 3 years ago.

will probably be retired within 3 years. And if he isnt he probably should be.

He is contracted until the end of 2024 and he'll see out that contract.

By the time his contract expires he should be around the 350 games mark barring any major injuries.

It’s unbelievable how some people think that Danger won’t see out his 3 year contract.

Unless he has a unlucky run of injuries (most likely concussions) then he’ll be on the list for the next 3 years, then the club can make a decision from there. And then we can criticise it as much as we want...

Spot on.

No modern player is going to walk away from contracts. The money is simply too good. That's the first and ultimate consideration.

Spot on.

No modern player is going to walk away from contracts. The money is simply too good. That's the first and ultimate consideration.
+ Danger has shown no signs that he isn’t enjoying football still.

Danger will probably play 200 games for us. Think he’s on 121? All up he’s on 275 games so I think he’ll hit 300 this season if fully fit as we usually make the top 4 and lose the first and third final

Danger will probably play 200 games for us. Think he’s on 121? All up he’s on 275 games so I think he’ll hit 300 this season if fully fit as we usually make the top 4 and lose the first and third final
Let’s hope he doesn’t get suspended given the new head bump rule

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is contracted until the end of 2024 and he'll see out that contract.

By the time his contract expires he should be around the 350 games mark barring any major injuries.
Why do people think a long term contract means anything in terms of how a players body will cope with injuries and aging? Its just a completely irrational argument.

Why do people think a long term contract means anything in terms of how a players body will cope with injuries and aging? Its just a completely irrational argument.
There’s no signs of a career ending injury like Judd or Swan. Those two were completely finished by 32. Those are the kind of players that normally don’t finish till they’re 34-35 these days. I wouldn’t be surprised if a guy like Dangerfield keeps on as long as Ablett Jr did

IMHO, Dangerfield would be almost as hard as Selwood, to convince to give up the game. BUT he is also the best positioned to transition into media after that decision is made.
I think he would pull the plug before the contract expires, if the situation changed; concussion, injury etc.

Just wait and see how the Danger-haters (on the main Board) portray this.

So far so good - everyone has either liked or commented positively on my thread on the main board - very hard to disparage someone when they selflessly risk their life - despite how much you might dislike them

Back