Traded Patrick Dangerfield [traded w/ pick 50 to Geelong for 9, 28 and Gore]

Remove this Banner Ad

The knock on him was disposal at the Crows, but his disposal for us has been very good, especially of late. Those clearance takeaways are so valuable.

Huh?
Like the game a few weeks ago when he had 10 inside 50s and 0 score assistS?
Thats not good disposal!

No it isn't. Although perhaps you are obsessed enough to watch every touch he gets in every Cats game.
I watch almost every game.
I've seen at least 13 cats games this year.

If you think Danger's disposal has been good, or even better than previous years then you're pretty much an idiot. Or just blind, in which case apologies.

Dangerfield won't make a difference they said.

Who ever said that? Everybody knows that Dangerfield is a machine. And yes he does burn the ball going forward quite a bit, which will be interesting in finals, but equally he makes up for that with sheer brilliance in contested situations and hitting the scoreboard regularly.

I watch almost every game.
I've seen at least 13 cats games this year.

If you think Danger's disposal has been good, or even better than previous years then you're pretty much an idiot. Or just blind, in which case apologies.
Don't bother mate. It's amazing some of these Cats supporters can type given they constantly have their fingers in their ears and their eyes closed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's great to see he's gone to another level now that he's home and playing for the club he always wanted to. He was good at the Crows but we've allowed him to win a Brownlow medal. We've helped him as much as he's helped us. What a club.

Was Nakia the poster that was adament Geelong wouldn't have to give up anything for Dangerfield?

One of the posters was at least

The cry was, "he's a free agent!"

Then when they learnt of rfa, the pre-season draft was threatened iirc

Was Nakia the poster that was adament Geelong wouldn't have to give up anything for Dangerfield?

One of the posters was at least

The cry was, "he's a free agent!"

Then when they learnt of rfa, the pre-season draft was threatened iirc

It wasnt just one of them.
A large proportion were saying that.

I'm old enough to put my love for my team aside when assessing players strengths and weaknesses.

You, clearly, have not got that skill.
You're the one getting personal. I'd rather a discussion with someone who disagrees with me on a players ability over someone who takes cheap shots.

You're the one getting personal. I'd rather a discussion with someone who disagrees with me on a players ability over someone who takes cheap shots.

I did disagree with him.
Everyone disagrees with him.
Even Geelong fans know that Danger's disposal is quite poor at times.

He's completely blinded by being a Geelong fan.
His disposal is no different to last year yet you say he's really imrpoved it this year. This is also wrong.

Its essentially his only weakness.

Yep quite a few Geelong BF'ers had trouble with the word RESTRICTED - one even pretended he would remove his account if Geelong paid anything.

Some also had real issues with anyone claiming that Adelaide might be more than just ok with the mighty PD:

A few embarrassing posts in this thread mate.
Not long now until a few Adelaide supporters receive a little bump... and no, not pregnancy.

Still waiting for that bump Nakia - that I was nuts enough to say that Adelaide would improve in 2016 without Danger. There was no way Adelaide would improve. Impossible. Well if we finish 7th from here I'd be very surprised.

Your mate:

Oh what possible universe could the team that's lost PD make a prelim when you couldn't make one with him.

... also has a history on this topic.

I understand Geelong supporters need to try and troll every Adelaide supporter you can ... by trying to imply that PD at Geelong is something new and exciting. We watched him for 7 years - we know what he can (and can't do). Most of us over here in the Adelaide corner, are very happy with what we have become this year - we are pushing into the top 4 for the first time since 2012 ... and this time it is on the back a tough fixture (not an easy one). Geelong have had the easiest fixture of any club in the top 8 - and they have made the most of it. Good for you, but don't try and talk down what our club has done this year following on from the most difficult footy season in memory in 2015 - one of the hardest fixtures in 2016 - AND having traded the competition's "best" player to a team of pussies. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back