Patrick Dangerfield vs Rhys Palmer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WAY too premature to be making this call, how about waiting until their careers have finished before prematurely blowing your loads! Classic Bigfooty *rolls eyes and gently strokes himself*

Almost as good as the Ricky Dyson v Chris Judd poll.
Meh in early 2010 this wasn't a bad debate, Dangerfield was still only 'promising' and Palmer could live off his Rising Star award for a while. Dyson/Judd was always pretty WTF.

Meh in early 2010 this wasn't a bad debate, Dangerfield was still only 'promising' and Palmer could live off his Rising Star award for a while. Dyson/Judd was always pretty WTF.
I was having a laff' as the Dyson v Judd poll was a massive pisstake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Dangerfield is going to be the better player, too. I think his physical attributes are the deciding factor

I wouldn't swap them however. Palmer is going to be the heart and soul of Freo and revered in the same way that Anthony Stevens was :heart:

I know it's easy to be a hindsight hero, but I do love the highlighted above. Take solace in the fact that Freo haven't been the only club to swap Palmer out.

Dangerfield has the more dangerous skill set to me. Monstrous in the packs as a contested ball winner but also highly explosive on the outside. Could dominate with his run off half back and can go to full foward and trouble opposition with his leading and strength overhead. Rare combination of attributes.

Pretty fair summation from 7 odd years ago.

Palmer wins this one easily. Dangerfield is extremely overrated based on being the biggest front running spud in top four sides. Assuming a top four finish for Geelong this year and Dangerfield's supercoach average remains the same for the rest of the season his supercoach average across three seasons of playing for a side finishing top four would be...
(118.9+131.8+134.1)/3 = 128.27

Now this would seem elite. But an elite player would consistently do this in teams that finish outside the top four.

Look at his yearly averages across the much larger sample of seven seasons of playing in teams that finished outside the top four after the home and away rounds.

(19.5+62.6+69.9+80.3+112.9+105.6+119.9)/7 = 81.53

Now compare the front running spud Dangerfield's performances across seven seasons in sides that failed to finish top four against Palmer in his debut season with an astonishing supercoach average of 87.4 in a team that finished 14th on the ladder with only 6 wins.

If Palmer had spent his career playing in sides of the same quality as Dangerfield he would have averaged 160 plus in multiple seasons by now.

The slightest bit of analysis can let you judge that Palmer is by far the superior player. Dangerfield is just a front running spud whose reputation is further pumped up by being a media darling.

I can tell who the real intelligent football supporters are by their opinions in this thread.

Also where the * is the poll so I can rightfully vote for Palmer?

Palmer wins this one easily. Dangerfield is extremely overrated based on being the biggest front running spud in top four sides. Assuming a top four finish for Geelong this year and Dangerfield's supercoach average remains the same for the rest of the season his supercoach average across three seasons of playing for a side finishing top four would be...
(118.9+131.8+134.1)/3 = 128.27

Now this would seem elite. But an elite player would consistently do this in teams that finish outside the top four.

Look at his yearly averages across the much larger sample of seven seasons of playing in teams that finished outside the top four after the home and away rounds.

(19.5+62.6+69.9+80.3+112.9+105.6+119.9)/7 = 81.53

Now compare the front running spud Dangerfield's performances across seven seasons in sides that failed to finish top four against Palmer in his debut season with an astonishing supercoach average of 87.4 in a team that finished 14th on the ladder with only 6 wins.

If Palmer had spent his career playing in sides of the same quality as Dangerfield he would have averaged 160 plus in multiple seasons by now.

The slightest bit of analysis can let you judge that Palmer is by far the superior player. Dangerfield is just a front running spud whose reputation is further pumped up by being a media darling.

I can tell who the real intelligent football supporters are by their opinions in this thread.

Also where the **** is the poll so I can rightfully vote for Palmer?

Can't argue with the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back