Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
San Antonio, West Ham, Renegades
All year I’ve been hearing the debate whether Tom Mitchell’s volume possessions are actually helping his team win games. Hawthorn have a record of 9-4 whenever Mitchell has 30 possessions or more and a 4-3 record when he doesn’t reach 30 possessions.

I think with all the Mitchell debate one volume possession winner has gone under the radar. Patrick Dangerfield has had 30 plus possessions six times this year. In these games Geelong have a record of 0-6! Geelong have a record of 10-3 when Dangerfield has less than 30 possessions.

Question has to be asked whether Dangerfield getting a heap of possessions is actually a benefit for Geelong.

All year I’ve been hearing the debate whether Tom Mitchell’s volume possessions are actually helping his team win games. Hawthorn have a record of 9-4 whenever Mitchell has 30 possessions or more and a 4-3 record when he doesn’t reach 30 possessions.

I think with all the Mitchell debate one volume possession winner has gone under the radar. Patrick Dangerfield has had 30 plus possessions six times this year. In these games Geelong have a record of 0-6! Geelong have a record of 10-3 when Dangerfield has less than 30 possessions.

Question has to be asked whether Dangerfield getting a heap of possessions is actually a benefit for Geelong.

I think they'd be far better off if he only got 28.

Danger is BOG today. Mitchell getting nice numbers but has had 0 influence.

Silly timing to start this thread.

Danger is BOG today. Mitchell getting nice numbers but has had 0 influence.

Silly timing to start this thread.
What?

Mitchell's numbers were down this week. Still managed 32 touches, 5 clearances, 6 inside 50's while getting hard tagged all day. Not saying he was BOG or anything but he did a brilliant job playing a selfless role while getting tagged.

Did I stutter?

I said he had nice numbers, despite not having any influence.

Danger was noticeably dominant.
Danger was great for the Cats, but if you think Mitchell was not having an influence you are kidding ya self. He tackling and pressure alone was elite.

Dangerfield is a very good player. That stat seems like a misnomer. Perhaps they play better when he comes out the square, but they feel he's too important against good midfields?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately Dangerfield plays for a very average team, Geelong are like a "journeyman" fighter, they are competitive up to a point. They are not a contender, their sole purpose is like a sparring partner or punching bag, they're a workout for better teams.

Good individual player. Adelaide got better when he left and Geelong would probably be better without him. Footy is a team sport.

Silly post. Geelong would have lost by 10 goals without him.

How effective do you think Danger's disposals usually are? Him getting that many might also be indicative of an over reliance on him too, not sharing it around enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back