Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Was anyone in our team much chop that night? When you get flogged, you look bad.
Selwood, Stewart, Hawkins, Tuohy, Kelly and of course Danger and Ablett despite the media tripe were all good.

Terrible was your gameplan, closely followed by role players like Kolodjashnij, Guthrie, Henderson, Menzel etc. Which is not their fault really, no surprise role players are not playing well in your woeful gameplan.

Don't mean to be harsh but I was surprised. Sack Scott FFS, you don't need three years of pain before you arrive there it is obvious.

Selwood, Stewart, Hawkins, Tuohy, Kelly and of course Danger and Ablett despite the media tripe were all good.

Terrible was your gameplan, closely followed by role players like Kolodjashnij, Guthrie, Henderson, Menzel etc. Which is not their fault really, no surprise role players are not playing well in your woeful gameplan.

Don't mean to be harsh but I was surprised. Sack Scott FFS, you don't need three years of pain before you arrive there it is obvious.
I was talking about the Richmond final last year!
The other night I liked selwood’s game, hawkins, bews and Taylor. Danger, Ablett, Kelly-all patchy but ok. Melb are better than us, so we look bad. Let’s see how they go from here.

Apparently, we will lose by 1,000 points.

What's your take mate?
Well of course that is what I am hoping for, ;) but in reality expect it to be a more even contest than our game. I think that your team will be a bit sore after the Richmond game and the Dees are full of confidence and might just beat you, but never writing the Hawks off in a final. Won’t be surprised either way.
What do you think?

Well of course that is what I am hoping for, ;) but in reality expect it to be a more even contest than our game. I think that your team will be a bit sore after the Richmond game and the Dees are full of confidence and might just beat you, but never writing the Hawks off in a final. Won’t be surprised either way.
What do you think?
For what it is worth (i'll try and be discrete) don't want to upset the Melbourne army of media trumpets...

We will beat them IMO.

Don't get the stupid odds etc. Their strength is their system and gameplan, against us it is not that potent.

For what it is worth (i'll try and be discrete) don't want to upset the Melbourne army of media trumpets...

We will beat them IMO.

Don't get the stupid odds etc. Their strength is their system and gameplan, against us it is not that potent.
Well may the best team win but you’ll understand, given our rivalry that I am now on the Dees bandwagon.
Thanks for the civilised chat.

Well may the best team win but you’ll understand, given our rivalry that I am now on the Dees bandwagon.
Thanks for the civilised chat.
The other night I found myself on your side.

I said to my wife (as you had every dodgey free and bounce of the ball like we did the night before) how intrinsically connected are Hawthorn Geelong?

I don't really think our rivalry should discount the respect. You really want Melbourne to win against us? As I said I cheered for you.

I said to my wife (as you had every dodgey free and bounce of the ball like we did the night before) how intrinsically connected are Hawthorn Geelong?

I don't really think our rivalry should discount the respect. You really want Melbourne to win against us? As I said I cheered for you.

I cheered for you guys against Richmond, I think it’s the whole respect thing. We were both st the top for a long time now raging against the dying light to a degree so I can empathise (not that I think your side is cooked though)

I cheered for you guys against Richmond, I think it’s the whole respect thing. We were both st the top for a long time now raging against the dying light to a degree so I can empathise (not that I think your side is cooked though)
I'm glad it's not just me. I felt exactly as you posted.

Total respect against a newcomer who hasn't achieved squat getting cheered by all and sundry like they have won a three-peat.

Sorry H2F-You have had plenty of success, as have we. If I wasn’t a Geelong supporter pretty sure I would have been in the Dees camp on Friday. So good on you but of course I am going for a team that has been long in the wilderness. Nice to share it around.
It’s not like it will be too long before you are playing in a GF again. Unfortunately!

Sorry H2F-You have had plenty of success, as have we. If I wasn’t a Geelong supporter pretty sure I would have been in the Dees camp on Friday. So good on you but of course I am going for a team that has been long in the wilderness. Nice to share it around.
It’s not like it will be too long before you are playing in a GF again. Unfortunately!
I understand but I am different I guess.

No problem with a newcomer but they better earn it before I herald them as the next coming like Melbourne have been.

Happy for them but FFS, surely even you want us to wipe their arse for the competition.

I understand but I am different I guess.

No problem with a newcomer but they better earn it before I herald them as the next coming like Melbourne have been.

Happy for them but FFS, surely even you want us to wipe their arse for the competition.
Yep, don’t know if they are the next thing but they look promising and I like how they play.
If you were playing Adelaide or some interstate team or Carlton, I’d most likely be cheering for you, is that enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will beat them IMO.

That makes no sense.

Hawthorns strength is their system and game plan, against our finals pressure it's not that potent.

If you think you'll win that's fine games 50/50 but your logic is flawed.

That makes no sense.

Hawthorns strength is their system and game plan, against our finals pressure it's not that potent.

If you think you'll win that's fine games 50/50 but your logic is flawed.
I'm saying not very well that Geelong have a poor system and gameplan so you guys destroy them.

We are all system and gameplan so it's a different game.

I think it is a 50/50 game likely, but with the media trumpeting how we basically have no chance I have to laugh...

I'm saying not very well that Geelong have a poor system and gameplan so you guys destroy them.

We are all system and gameplan so it's a different game.

I think it is a 50/50 game likely, but with the media trumpeting how we basically have no chance I have to laugh...

It's a funny world coming into a semi final that Melbourne are heavy favourites. Dont agree with it meself id have to have you slight favourites.

It's a funny world coming into a semi final that Melbourne are heavy favourites. Dont agree with it meself id have to have you slight favourites.
Yeah it’s BS but we like being underdogs so I like it. But because it’s BS it’s either the media pumping you up so if you lose they can make it the end of the world for you or make it the win of the century.

Genuinely 50/50 game.

Gonna be a cracker mate.

Yeah it’s BS but we like being underdogs so I like it. But because it’s BS it’s either the media pumping you up so if you lose they can make it the end of the world for you or make it the win of the century.

Genuinely 50/50 game.

Gonna be a cracker mate.

I wish this feeling would last for ever. 90k against the cats and you would have to think it's 90k again. I'm so happy Melbourne are back relevant again I Could tolerate losing as long as it's a good game of footy.

I wish this feeling would last for ever. 90k against the cats and you would have to think it's 90k again. I'm so happy Melbourne are back relevant again I Could tolerate losing as long as it's a good game of footy.
Enjoy it mate, you guys aren't here for just this year. You've built a team that will be playing finals for many years. An awesome part of footy huh?

Enjoy it mate, you guys aren't here for just this year. You've built a team that will be playing finals for many years. An awesome part of footy huh?

Unreal mate. The hype and the noise in the crowd and seeing Nathan Jones snag the match winner in the last, sports not ment to be fair and it probably wouldn't have been as sweet without it but 12 years I had to wait for that. 12 bloody years. Hawks have played in 5 grand finals and * knows how many prelims probably 8.

Unreal mate. The hype and the noise in the crowd and seeing Nathan Jones snag the match winner in the last, sports not ment to be fair and it probably wouldn't have been as sweet without it but 12 years I had to wait for that. 12 bloody years. Hawks have played in 5 grand finals and **** knows how many prelims probably 8.
I know what you’re feeling. Before Clarko we were a joke from 1991 until 2008. For all the premierships nothing compared to the win in 2007 against Adelaide in a final as we entered the finals and then the 2008 GF was beyond anything I can describe.

Really happy for you man. Especially that Clarko you’re here to stay.

Next week it’s gonna be on big time. Enjoy the moment it’s epic. How good it Jordy Lewis? Been so good for you guys and really happy for him.

I know what you’re feeling. Before Clarko we were a joke from 1991 until 2008. For all the premierships nothing compared to the win in 2007 against Adelaide in a final as we entered the finals and then the 2008 GF was beyond anything I can describe.

Really happy for you man. Especially that Clarko you’re here to stay.

Next week it’s gonna be on big time. Enjoy the moment it’s epic. How good it Jordy Lewis? Been so good for you guys and really happy for him.

Yep that's the best feeling I can remember in footy to this point. It was like the last decade and a bit were finally washed away and now it's a new era for us.

How good is finals footy? 2 of us infront of a 90k crowd with a spot in a bloody preliminary final up for grabs? 5 years ago when we sacked neeld I thought we were going to fold. This is unreal.

Lewy looked slow in the regular season but when it came to the elimination final he was awesome. Hard to quantify the impact he's made without being at the club but we certainly didn't look like we lacked finals experience. Lewy would be a huge part of that.

He's certainly closer to the end than the start But the ability to find a player with that experience is unprecedented. Look at Hodge at Brisbane.

He will never get the credit but Daniel Cross was Jordan Lewis playing for a less successful club.

When has he gone missing at the pointy end? Has been in our best players in pretty well every final even though not at his absolute best every time.

Disagree with that. Of the four finals he's played only against Sydney last year has his performance justified his reputation.

He was under pressure and bullied off the ball against Richmond (and butchered it when he did get it) in last year's QF, great for one quarter against Adelaide in the but no effect outside of that in the Prelim, and he was poor the other night. No way has he been in our best players in every final.

Am not sure I’d agree. People seem to have forgotten that Ablett was easily, far and away, the best player in the comp for quite a few years and it’s a pity all those wasted years on the Gold Coast have diminished his impact on the game. Saying that I love Selwood, but am pretty sure that if Ablett had stayed we’d have won at least one other flag in the last 10 years. That is how influential he was and that is not the impact a ‘selfish’ player has. Dangerfield will probably be our next captain.

Exactly. Best part of a decade in fact. I'd say from 2007-2014 inclusive he was CLEARLY the best player in the game. Fyfe rose briefly in 2015, then Dangerfield in 2016, then Martin last year. But overall out of that trio Ablett is still by far the best performed of them.

The other two are still guns (although they need to get some dodgy habits out of their games), but Ablett is on another level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back