Patrick Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

To all those who are calling BS on this one. I was at a lunch this week and one of the blokes at the lunch is a mate of Dangerfield's and went to school with him (Joey's is that right??) He said he has spoken to him a few times recently and he is definately trying to get back to Melbourne.

I couldn't care one way or another but this bloke had Dangerfield's number in his mobile, so I have no reason not to believe him.

You haven't heard his press conferences recently then?? Literally stated he wasn't going anywhere. Was looking forwards to working under Sanderson..

Jesus trade week is full of idiots starting random stupid threads..

Should I start one saying Riewoldt is going to Bulldogs or maybe Swan to Carlton?? Same amount of truth to it...

To all those who are calling BS on this one. I was at a lunch this week and one of the blokes at the lunch is a mate of Dangerfield's and went to school with him (Joey's is that right??) He said he has spoken to him a few times recently and he is definately trying to get back to Melbourne.

I couldn't care one way or another but this bloke had Dangerfield's number in his mobile, so I have no reason not to believe him.
lulz if this is true. He's contracted so doubt he goes. At least not this year. He's the crows marquee player.

You haven't heard his press conferences recently then?? Literally stated he wasn't going anywhere. Was looking forwards to working under Sanderson..

Should I start one saying Riewoldt is going to Bulldogs or maybe Swan to Carlton?? Same amount of truth to it...
agree, about 99% of trade talk is rubbish

Under contract. Nothing on the table worth trading for him. Compromised draft.

Dangerfield is going nowhere.

There is no way that Dangerfield will leave this year as he is on contract and no-one would be prepared to pay the price to get the deal done.
Next year is another matter and if the Crows don't show any impovement or even worse go backwards I'd say 12 months time it will be game on - Geelong going 100 miles an hour for him offering up Menzel plus others for him
And saying all that if the Crows improve and PD thinks he'll play finals in the years 2013-18 then he'll stay.

There is no way that Dangerfield will leave this year as he is on contract and no-one would be prepared to pay the price to get the deal done.
Next year is another matter and if the Crows don't show any impovement or even worse go backwards I'd say 12 months time it will be game on - Geelong going 100 miles an hour for him offering up Menzel plus others for him
And saying all that if the Crows improve and PD thinks he'll play finals in the years 2013-18 then he'll stay.

I'd say that's a reasonable summation. I think the only way he'd be traded is if he went to the Crows and specifically asked to be traded and they were concerned about losing him next year for nothing.

Extremely unlikely that he'll be going anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before you fire off calling people idiots, you should perhaps gain a better grasp of the English language.

There is no reason both your thoughts and what I have stated cannot both be true.

Dangerfield may well be looking forward to working under Sanderson and that is more than likely what he will have to do. That does not mean he does not desire to move back to Melbourne if it were at all possible.

It would be foolish of him to publicly go around stating what he thought privately, he is clearly a smarter person than that.

Perhaps you could take a leaf from his book.

I think there's not much chance Dangerfield will leave Adelaide this year but if he does Geelong should be in a very good position to get a trade done.

1. We obviously have a good relationship with Sanderson
2. We have a compo pick
3. He's originally from Geelong
4. Sanderson has a indepth understanding of our list

From an Adelaide point of view should a trade with Geelong happen involving a player they've never heard of they shouldn't be too worried. Sanderson played a major part in developing our youth and would know exactly where each of them are at.

From an Adelaide point of view should a trade with Geelong happen involving a player they've never heard of they shouldn't be too worried. Sanderson played a major part in developing our youth and would know exactly where each of them are at.

I think you would be very naive to think that Geelong would be able to trade Dangerfield for players that the general public would not have heard of.

I think there's not much chance Dangerfield will leave Adelaide this year but if he does Geelong should be in a very good position to get a trade done.

1. We obviously have a good relationship with Sanderson
2. We have a compo pick
3. He's originally from Geelong
4. Sanderson has a indepth understanding of our list

Salary Cap?

I would be very surprised if Menzel was offered.

Salary Cap?

Hello, we've just had our captain retire, Mooney as well as Milburn will follow (which allows half of Chapman's salary to be veterans listed) Ottens is close to retiring either this year or next and in 12 months time Scarlett, who would surely be very close to our highest paid player, has said he is going to retire. And there may be other retirements at the end of next year as well. Bulging salary cap is certainly something we won't have a problem with like we did in 08 and 09.

That said, though we could definitely afford Dangerfield, I agree that he'll play this year under Sanderson and then we'll see if he wants to come home in 12 months. Can't see a deal being done now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back