Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

5minutes_of_Dew

Debutant
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would be amazed if clubs weren’t asking about him and Rhylee West

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Clean user of the football, genuine forward craft but also not super quick or athletic and suspect defensive efforts. Can see a club that wants some midfield class or a forward that can rotate through the middle looking into him.

Exactly what Carlton need.

I’m sure he will be. He was available last year as well but he’s a Dogs nut and really doesn’t want to leave unless he really has to. Would be a good pick up for a team in rebuild.
Last year he was contracted so couldn’t see teams paying his fair value or overs this year he’s uncontracted so can be got on the cheap

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
He's a pretty mad Dogs supporter (before being drafted) so it will be difficult to pry him out of the club if we're having a bit of success IMO. He's good enough to be in our best 22 but there must be something he's not doing in the eyes of the coaching staff. I suspect he'll lock down a spot as the year rolls on.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
He's a pretty mad Dogs supporter (before being drafted) so it will be difficult to pry him out of the club if we're having a bit of success IMO. He's good enough to be in our best 22 but there must be something he's not doing in the eyes of the coaching staff. I suspect he'll lock down a spot as the year rolls on.

Would a 2nd round pick (from Carlton) be enough if he wanted a fresh start elsewhere? I rate him pretty highly and feels a need for us

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would a 2nd round pick (from Carlton) be enough if he wanted a fresh start elsewhere? I rate him pretty highly and feels a need for us
It'd be pretty close to it I'd say. Rather keep him at that price honestly but wouldn't hold a grudge if he did want opportunity elsewhere.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Definitely. He's someone who will would walk into your side for the next 8 years but we can't ask for anymore than that.

I rate him probably more than others. I see a lot of Mitch Duncan in his game.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Carlton would probably be the team most interested in Lipinski and McLean, feel that they'd be great fits for their midfield as rotations. Could see Essendon having a go as well

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why would he want to leave ? Seems to be getting regular games and part of a top team
Unlikely to leave, especially given he's a Dogs fan. Only thing working against us is he sits right on the fringe as the 23rd player. He's been named emergency 2 or 3 times this year, and was even emergency last week until a late change. Despite not missing a game, a few of them have been either coming in late off the emergency list, or coming on as medical sub. It's unlikely that this will change given the players who are ahead of him, unless someone else is traded out or someone like Libba retired early / did another knee.

Back