Toast Patrick Lipinski - the 1000th Bulldog!

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh crowd.

I thought his season has been epic.... Considering

Interrupted Preseason. He was still 18 years old.
Shoulder injury
Broken Collarbone
Hamstring
And he still managed a senior game in a crunch match for u guys.

Some of his numbers in the vfl were amazing for a first year YOUNG kid who couldn't string one single ounce of continuality to his year.

Loved his debut game. U guys have a cracker imo

Harsh crowd.

I thought his season has been epic.... Considering

Interrupted Preseason. He was still 18 years old.
Shoulder injury
Broken Collarbone
Hamstring
And he still managed a senior game in a crunch match for u guys.

Some of his numbers in the vfl were amazing for a first year YOUNG kid who couldn't string one single ounce of continuality to his year.

Loved his debut game. U guys have a cracker imo
Thanks LH15. Sometimes we need an outsider's perspective.

I think we've been a bit spoiled with the likes of Bont, Macrae and Stringer (his early years) and expect that to be the benchmark for any young kid if he's going to make it.

I'm pretty sure Paddy will be a good 'un.

Spooky, he plays like 'Gia' and gets a mention in *Pia* Miller's ad

240px-Kat_Chapman_portrayed_by_Pia_Miller.jpg

Got a bit of Shaun Higgins about him with how clean he is, however, I have not seen him point and remonstrate will a single team mate - good signs.

Are we underestimating how good is going because we have so many other good kids?

Maybe, however we certainly underestimate how good a player Shaun Higgins currently is.

We could do with a bit of icing on our underdone cake right abpout now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reminds me a lot of Gia - can work in traffic, clean kick at goal, gets by on smarts moreso than legspeed.

His positioning is quite good for such an inexperienced player, half his goals seem to come from him running to the right spot to receive the ball.
In a team of poor goalkickers his stands out.

Averaging two goals a game after four games is great in a team low on natural forwards. However, I've seen him pushed up to the centre on occasions and I wonder if the idea is to get him into the midfield eventually. As I've said elsewhere, I imagine his transition may be similar to Mcleans (let's hope for the same result). Doesn't seem to have the body for it at the moment, but I expect that is what we will see from him as his career goes on.

Averaging two goals a game after four games is great in a team low on natural forwards. However, I've seen him pushed up to the centre on occasions and I wonder if the idea is to get him into the midfield eventually. As I've said elsewhere, I imagine his transition may be similar to Mcleans (let's hope for the same result). Doesn't seem to have the body for it at the moment, but I expect that is what we will see from him as his career goes on.
If he has the tank I wouldn't mind if he's developed to take a rotation or two in the middle (as Caleb Daniel does now) as it helps the interchange cap but I'm worried about his footspeed from a standing start and we're light-on for natural goal-kickers which Lippi appears to be.

He could surprise us all though, on current trajectory he's ahead in development and has earned his place in the side. Had a couple of bags in the VFL too before he got the chance so he was made to work for the spot he's now keeping.

He has shown some positive attributes but has a long way to go as a forward (as I see him).

Positive: appears to be a reliable set shot at goal; good crumbing goal sneak skills. Very clean hands, does not fumble.

Long way to go: number of possessions needs to increase, the 1%er side of the game (Dickson, e.g., has been a great chaser and tackler), marking target (noting that he managed his first contested forward mark against the Lions).

From memory he was always a mid as a junior. I remember thinking he was very Bont like judging from his highlight package. Not quick but just finds time and space with ease.

From memory he was always a mid as a junior. I remember thinking he was very Bont like judging from his highlight package. Not quick but just finds time and space with ease.
Now that is an exciting thought.

McLean is the perfect analogy. I followed Pat as a junior (my sons play for the same local club) and he was definitely a midfielder then. I expect he will eventually be a midfielder in the AFL too, after a few early seasons as a forward/winger.

If he has the tank I wouldn't mind if he's developed to take a rotation or two in the middle (as Caleb Daniel does now) as it helps the interchange cap but I'm worried about his footspeed from a standing start and we're light-on for natural goal-kickers which Lippi appears to be.

He could surprise us all though, on current trajectory he's ahead in development and has earned his place in the side. Had a couple of bags in the VFL too before he got the chance so he was made to work for the spot he's now keeping.
14.5 beep at the combine in his draft year which is midfield level. Also got 27 out of 30 in the clean hands test. Think he will do some work on the wing or maybe through the middle as he fills out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back