Toast Patrick Lipinski - the 1000th Bulldog!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the decision to hold Lipinski in the VFL to develop his game has paid off. Looks like he's gone to another level now. Hope Richards can do the same.
Spot on. Whereas in the past he was often staying on the outside/fringe of the contest he has developed an inside game too.

Ball use was outstanding last night. If he can keep that up he's up there with Bont, Suckling and Daniel for guys I want delivering the ball inside 50. I've raised concerns about whether he fits before, and they aren't completely gone, but that's the attribute he can seal his spot with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had concerns that he didnt have a position on the field but looks like Bevo giving him the number 1 mid spot in the 2s has fast tracked his development. Was superb last night

Wow, I havent noticed him much before but last nights game he was up there with the best of them.
No doubt - I began to like this kid last year because he would convert the opportunities when so many of our mids will repeatedly miss simple shots at goal.
Showed last night that offensively he is threatening to be elite.
The one area he quickly needs to develop is his tackling - he was repeatedly brushed aside - not by big bodies either. If he can start to tackle with some vigour - we have a keeper.

No doubt - I began to like this kid last year because he would convert the opportunities when so many of our mids will repeatedly miss simple shots at goal.
Showed last night that offensively he is threatening to be elite.
The one area he quickly needs to develop is his tackling - he was repeatedly brushed aside - not by big bodies either. If he can start to tackle with some vigour - we have a keeper.
I think he's a keeper regardless, last night he was credited with 5 tackles which was good for third best in our team. I assume he will get stronger with age but he is developing rapidly. Seems to be a point of difference in our midfield with his speed, height and ball use combination better than all except Bontempelli.

once again another example of a young player needing at least three games in the seniors after being promoted to get up to speed from the slower paced reserve comp. why im prepared to give gardner another run or 2 before making up my mind.

I think he's a keeper regardless, last night he was credited with 5 tackles which was good for third best in our team. I assume he will get stronger with age but he is developing rapidly. Seems to be a point of difference in our midfield with his speed, height and ball use combination better than all except Bontempelli.
His speed? Isn’t his lack of pace the main knock on him?

Didn't look at all slow against the Blues

He isn't slow slow, but he isn't quick either. Saw him struggle to chase down players a couple of times at least. But most players in this league, especially the elite ball magnets are not known for being quick, long as he finds the ball which is what most players in the league struggle to do consistently, uses it well, and can find the odd goal, that's more than he needs to do.

Its all about team balance, as MD said, if we can add in a little pace around players like him, they will get expose less and we will have less players unable to chase on the rebound.

Looks like Bevo's decision to make him play and learn the craft of being an inside midfielder in the VFL where many were criticizing the club for because "Lipinski is a forward" has paid off well. See, the club doesn't always make bad decisions ;)

Lipinski, Smith, Dunkley are examples of why sometimes patience and persistence is important, not chopping and changing players every week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back