Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

Agree that Lynch has a lot of improvement in him - he developed a lot this year. I reckon he needs another year of development before being able to hold down a first ruck role at AFL level. Not sure he'd be a good fit for the Doggies - they need someone who is first ruck ready now.
This is why Cameron is a better target for Dogs. Can play both positions and is out of contract currently.

Would take something special to get Cameron. Not because he is a great player but because he is currently a top 10 player at the club and very important to our structure. Would require your 1st or future 1st or a second player like West.
Ok comeon we can't be in a condition that bad right?...

- Adams
- Moore
- Maynard
- Howe
- Grundy
- Sidebottom
- Pendlebury
- Daicos
- De Goey
- Crisp

Who is Cameron better than? That being said he has had a very strong season. As a CHF/2nd Ruck, he probably played more ruck minutes than most in this role, but still kicked over a goal a game with terrible delivery at a club that came 2nd last in the season. He's been good this year.

It's upto the player to decide if they want to do the trigger. Same situation of Kelly. Cameron probably has offers he is considering.
Both club and player have to agree to use the trigger.

It's upto the player to decide if they want to do the trigger. Same situation of Kelly. Cameron probably has offers he is considering.
I imagine this trigger would have been included in his original 2 year contract he signed when we recruited him. Bit like when Cox triggered his for 2021 last year. Probably a certain number of games.

- Adams
- Moore
- Maynard
- Howe
- Grundy
- Sidebottom
- Pendlebury
- Daicos
- De Goey
- Crisp

Who is Cameron better than? That being said he has had a very strong season. As a CHF/2nd Ruck, he probably played more ruck minutes than most in this role, but still kicked over a goal a game with terrible delivery at a club that came 2nd last in the season. He's been good this year.
Howe.
Daicos

- Adams
- Moore
- Maynard
- Howe
- Grundy
- Sidebottom
- Pendlebury
- Daicos
- De Goey
- Crisp

My top ten atm would be:
Moore
DeGoey
Adams
Pendlebury
Maynard
Grundy
Crisp
Mihocek
Cameron
Sidebottom (struggling atm)

After that
Elliott ( came back and looked good in patches but was inconsistent. Was mostly playing forward which makes sense as to why)
Daicos (his 2020 form was better than Cameron 2021 but not this year)
Howe (really faded imo missed about a year and a half of footy. I just cant rate him in the top ten any more)

Last edited:
This is why Cameron is a better target for Dogs. Can play both positions and is out of contract currently.
Agree he'd be a better target - he's better player. Not sure he's a viable first ruck and I can't see English and Cameron in the same side so I can't see how he improves you. Can't see the Pies swapping him for Lipinski - they're already lacking forwards.

Fox Footy claiming Pies can afford to swap pick 36 for Lipinski if they complete their pick swap with GC (future 2nd and 3rd for this year’s 22, 46 & 58) but I think Collingwood would be absolutely silly swapping pick 36 of this year for Lipinski. It just wouldn’t be smart business swapping a late second rounder for a player who isn’t best 22 elsewhere.

Fox Footy claiming Pies can afford to swap pick 36 for Lipinski if they complete their pick swap with GC (future 2nd and 3rd for this year’s 22, 46 & 58) but I think Collingwood would be absolutely silly swapping pick 36 of this year for Lipinski. It just wouldn’t be smart business swapping a late second rounder for a player who isn’t best 22 elsewhere.
We get it, you want to screw the Dogs.

Love you Collingwood supporters.

Reckon the pies are in more points trouble than bulldogs TBH. But lets not quibble about that bit.

I do agree Lynch isnt half bad.

Graham Wright is a very good operator - unlike Luffy, the Champion Data bloke at North and Reidy at Adelaide who's getting old and grumpy - Wright is a professional. No PSD threats for him. He understands the long game.

Bulldogs have the young ruckman going, Lipinski and Wallis. That doesnt even factor in whether JJ goes around again next year. And Stefan Martin is 99.9% retired too. That's more than enough spaces.

The Bulldogs list team - as professional as Graham Wright is - can easily do a deal with the Tigers.
Love you Hawthorn supporters with your high horse mindset.

Pies are in no better or worse points position than the Doggies. No idea how one club can be better or worse… But lets not quibble about that bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We get it, you want to screw the Dogs.
Nah, we just want to get the best deal we can. Lipinski file can be had for a much worse pick than 36. Isn’t that what y’all list managers are trying to achieve.

If we look at WBD own statement where they rate Lipinski file by offering him a 3 year deal and want a pick commensurate to that deal.
Given they gave Treloar 5 years @ $600k with a trade for the equivalent of pick 50, I’m sure we’d be happy to apply the very same logic on calculating our offer for a Lipinski file.

Second round pick for a 23 year old player not in the opposition’s best 22. It’s really not that hard to comprehend… for some people only obviously.
Nah, we just want to get the best deal we can. Lipinski file can be had for a much worse pick than 36.

If we look at WBD own statement where they rate Lipinski file by offering him a 3 year deal and want a pick commensurate to that deal.
Given they gave Treloar 5 years @ $600k with a trade for the equivalent of pick 50, I’m sure we’d be happy to apply the very same logic on calculating our offer for a Lipinski file.
Don't see how either of you can argue this given what you've posted so far...

Ask any doggies supporter if they expected anything better than a third rounder for him and then come back to me about my above post.

Geez some people like to argue for no reason.

Some view it as screwing a club, mostly coming from oppo supporters that don’t like Collingwood, others view it as getting the best deal for your club, mostly unbiased or Collingwood supporters.

Nah, we just want to get the best deal we can. Lipinski file can be had for a much worse pick than 36. Isn’t that what y’all list managers are trying to achieve.

I don’t think you can apply logic to the Treloar trade and your list manager will know that. I don’t see you giving 36 for Lipinski though.

Some view it as screwing a club, mostly coming from oppo supporters that don’t like Collingwood, others view it as getting the best deal for your club, mostly unbiased or Collingwood supporters.
I have utterly no issue with Collingwood. There are several clubs I dislike more.

Ask any doggies supporter if they expected anything better than a third rounder for him and then come back to me about my above post.

Geez some people like to argue for no reason.
My apologies, I got you and Bay Pie mixed up.

My apologies, I got you and Bay Pie mixed up.
I must be missing something here, Lipinski can't get a game at the Doggies after 5 years on the list - he's an on-baller who averages less than 14 possessions a game - understand he dominates at VFL level, but he's not alone there. Clearly the Pies see something in him, but I can't see why we'd pay overs - for me, anything more than a mid-40's pick is overs and I'd test the PSD (can't see North taking him - their mid-field is too strong)

I must be missing something here, Lipinski can't get a game at the Doggies after 5 years on the list - he's an on-baller who averages less than 14 possessions a game - understand he dominates at VFL level, but he's not alone there. Clearly the Pies see something in him, but I can't see why we'd pay overs - for me, anything more than a mid-40's pick is overs and I'd test the PSD (can't see North taking him - their mid-field is too strong)
I think this averages are heavily affected by being medical sub. He's actually pretty good at finding the ball. His issue is that he's the same style of player as Macrae and Bont and we needed someone who was either faster to play outside or more aggressive at the contests.

I think this averages are heavily affected by being medical sub. He's actually pretty good at finding the ball. His issue is that he's the same style of player as Macrae and Bont and we needed someone who was either faster to play outside or more aggressive at the contests.
The good thing is that Grundy may not recognise that he's a Collingwood mid-fielder, so he's more likely to hit it to him. Let's keep it quiet, if the secret doesn't get out then it's Lippa for the Brownlow

Looks like Picks 41 and 55 have been sent to the Cats for the National Park - that seems generous to me - Would you take 46 and 58 (619 points) for Lippa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back