Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

Reckon this could Drag into the Final Hour of the Trade Period as Dogs want Pick in the 40's as we have 2 and we only Offer Pick 58 and we have no Reason to Increase our Offer.

Dogs need to remember Ned Guy no Longer works for us so we won't Cave like last year with Treloar

Reckon this could Drag into the Final Hour of the Trade Period as Dogs want Pick in the 40's as we have 2 and we only Offer Pick 58 and we have no Reason to Increase our Offer.

Dogs need to remember Ned Guy no Longer works for us so we won't Cave like last year with Treloar
That's because you treated Treloar like crap yet still wanted a good deal. Completely different to Lipinski who we actually wanted and didn't publicly treat him like dirt

My thinking is that we have offered them pick 58 to show that we have made an effort to trade fairly. The Pies want to take this to the PSD because it leaves a list spot open on the Collingwood list. The blood is still bad from last year and the Pies don't mind doing it. The smartest play for the Dogs would be to just take the deal.

My thinking is that we have offered them pick 58 to show that we have made an effort to trade fairly. The Pies want to take this to the PSD because it leaves a list spot open on the Collingwood list. The blood is still bad from last year and the Pies don't mind doing it. The smartest play for the Dogs would be to just take the deal.
Ah I see.

The "we treated Treloar like crap and had a sook when we couldn't get a first rounder" trade.

Yeah, these two trades are the same. I can see the similarities

Ah I see.

The "we treated Treloar like crap and had a sook when we couldn't get a first rounder" trade.

Yeah, these two trades are the same. I can see the similarities
I think the bad blood is more over the finances that needed AFL mediation after the Treloar deal. I believe the Dogs won that one as well.

I think the bad blood is more over the finances that needed AFL mediation. I believe the Dogs won that one as well.
Don't offer a deal and try to pull it at the last minute to corner someone into taking your crap offer. Lesson learned.

Collingwood and dogs have been asked already if there is bad blood and they said they don't think so.

Seems the whinging is coming from your supporter base, who should level your disgust solely on your club and how they treated Treloar.

Not sure you can whinge when you got Roughead for a pick in the 70s from us .. or does that one not count because it's one you came out better on? Probably the latter

Don't offer a deal and try to pull it at the last minute to corner someone into taking your crap offer. Lesson learned.

Collingwood and dogs have been asked already if there is bad blood and they said they don't think so.

Seems the whinging is coming from your supporter base, who should level your disgust solely on your club and how they treated Treloar.

Not sure you can whinge when you got Roughead for a pick in the 70s from us .. or does that one not count because it's one you came out better on? Probably the latter
Whinging?? I'm just stating an opinion. Most of the people involved with the way Treloar was treated are gone. That's how much disgust the supporters showed towards out club. The Dogs took advantage of the situation however and I think the Pies wouldn't be disappointed with getting a little back. It would only be a small amount of pay back but I think we wouldn't be disappointed if we got Lipinski for free.

Whinging?? I'm just stating an opinion. Most of the people involved with the way Treloar was treated are gone. That's how much disgust the supporters showed towards out club. The Dogs took advantage of the situation however and I think the Pies wouldn't be disappointed with getting a little back. It would only be a small amount of pay back but I think we wouldn't be disappointed if we got Lipinski for free.
As a supporter, that is.

As a club, they're not into openly trying to screw clubs and take players in the PSD. It's rare and you know it.

As you said, it's a different team negotiating for Collingwood so seems even more so this is supporter lead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither.

It'll be for one of your picks in the 40s or a future 3rd and you will be damn lucky you got away with just that

Collingwood isn't going to screw relationships just because some jaded supporters want them to
How is it screwing a relationship? It’s a business deal. Both clubs know this. We offer what we think WBD will accept. It’s really up to WBD to accept the deal or not. If WBD think it’s a crap deal, don’t take it. Simples. We’ll explore other avenues to acquire him. I’m hoping they take pick 58. 170 points for Darcy nearly gets you over the line for a pick 2 bid.

How dare Sam power try get the best deal for his club shame on him

How is it screwing a relationship? It’s a business deal. Both clubs know this. We offer what we think WBD will accept. It’s really up to WBD to accept the deal or not. If WBD think it’s a crap deal, don’t take it. Simples. We’ll explore other avenues to acquire him. I’m hoping they take pick 58. 170 points for Darcy nearly gets you over the line for a pick 2 bid.
Unless it covers the bid you can shove them you know where

That's your first offer, it won't be your last

Neither.

It'll be for one of your picks in the 40s or a future 3rd and you will be damn lucky you got away with just that

Collingwood isn't going to screw relationships just because some jaded supporters want them to
The only person having a panic attack here is you. Calm down dude lol

How dare Sam power try get the best deal for his club shame on him

Ahhh isn’t this exactly what the posters in this thread are doing as hypotheticals?

As a supporter, that is.

As a club, they're not into openly trying to screw clubs and take players in the PSD. It's rare and you know it.

As you said, it's a different team negotiating for Collingwood so seems even more so this is supporter lead
Yeah its certainly a good possibility that the club offers something more. We can all guess what we think is going to happen. My feeling at this moment is that we are only willing to give you pick 58 because anything more may make it harder to match pick 1. PSD is a much better option but I feel that this could be disrespectful to Lippa. If we can trade in something else say for Lynch there might be some other possibilities. Lets wait and see.

The only person having a panic attack here is you. Calm down dude lol

Ahhh isn’t this exactly what the posters in this thread are doing as hypotheticals?
Ha ha, not really

One supporter base is being motivated by last year to get one over the other

The other side is suggesting under value still but slightly fairer

I wonder who is who

Unless it covers the bid you can shove them you know where

and you will be damn lucky you got away with just that

Don't offer a deal and try to pull it at the last minute to corner someone into taking your crap offer.

Seems the whinging is coming from your supporter base,

He’s not the one whining unlike a few Collingwood supporters
Have you noticed the way that he expresses himself? Take your bulldog glasses off.

Ha ha, not really

One supporter base is being motivated by last year to get one over the other

The other side is suggesting under value still but slightly fairer

I wonder who is who
Lewis Young, a player in your GF team just got traded for pick 52, but a player who was not injured and played 8 games + 2 as used and 2 as non-used 23rd player, this year and didn’t even make the 26 man squad for the finals is worth more? Mad s**t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back