Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

Lewis Young, a player in your GF team just got traded for pick 52, but a player who was not injured and played 8 games + 2 as used and 2 as non-used 23rd player, this year and didn’t even make the 26 man squad for the finals is worth more? Mad sh*t.
You do realise that Young didn't play in the grand final team. Jesus, at least get that right.

He was also only playing because we didn't have a ruckman until Martin returned.

Meanwhile, Lipinski is only not playing because we have the deepest midfield, but has a place in the future

Neither.

It'll be for one of your picks in the 40s or a future 3rd and you will be damn lucky you got away with just that

Collingwood isn't going to screw relationships just because some jaded supporters want them to
What incentive to Collingwood have to pay more than 58?
SPS was traded to the Eagles for a pick in the 50’s and he was best 22 at his club, has played double the amount of games as Lipinski and was a former pick 6. The market price has been set, it’s up to the dogs to either accept it or he can walk to the PSD.
I fully expect Wright to stick to his guns here, just as he did against us at the Hawks last year when they offered a token pick for Phillips.

What incentive to Collingwood have to pay more than 58?
SPS was traded to the Eagles for a pick in the 50’s and he was best 22 at his club, has played double the amount of games as Lipinski and was a former pick 6. The market price has been set, it’s up to the dogs to either accept it or he can walk to the PSD.
I fully expect Wright to stick to his guns here, just as he did against us at the Hawks last year when they offered a token pick for Phillips.
SPS wasn't in Carlton's 22 by end of year.

And there is a bit of a difference between SPS getting a game for Carlton v Lipinsli for the dogs.

SPS wasn't in Carlton's 22 by end of year.

And there is a bit of a difference between SPS getting a game for Carlton v Lipinsli for the dogs.
Neither was Lipinski. Not even in the emergencies!

Once again, what reason is there for Collingwood to offer more when picks in the 50’s have already been used to secure other players of a similar ilk during this trade period? What incentive is there for Wright to go back and negotiate a deal that suits the Bulldogs more than it suits Collingwood when we can just take Lipinski in the PSD if a deal isn’t done?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol the threat of the PSD

that’s a new one
It’s not really a threat. I’m sure that Wright isn’t going in there announcing anything about walking him there, but both he and the Dogs hierarchy know that it’s not really an issue for Collingwood if the Dogs won’t agree to a deal. As such, there’s no reason for the pies to contemplate upping their offer to a pick in the 40’s.

I’ve asked the question twice now and you’ve dodged answering it, so I’m going to assume you can’t actually think of a good reason for Collingwood to offer more than they currently are.

It’s not really a threat. I’m sure that Wright isn’t going in there announcing anything about walking him there, but both he and the Dogs hierarchy know that it’s not really an issue for Collingwood if the Dogs won’t agree to a deal. As such, there’s no reason for the pies to contemplate upping their offer to a pick in the 40’s.

I’ve asked the question twice now and you’ve dodged answering it, so I’m going to assume you can’t actually think of a good reason for Collingwood to offer more than they currently are.
You do realise that even if we get a pick in the 40s you will have enough points... Daicos won't be bid on until pick 3

That's because you treated Treloar like crap yet still wanted a good deal. Completely different to Lipinski who we actually wanted and didn't publicly treat him like dirt

but he is out of Contract so can walk for Nothing

HeraldSun speculating that we're wanting Pick 43, Pies want to pay 55 + 58. This is what sucks about Daicos and Darcy both being right up that top end. If clubs were allowed unlimited picks again, I'd be willing to bet the deal would be done already since 43 is almost exactly equal to 55 + 58, so we could easily just accept the later picks and be done with it. I still think a future 3rd is the way to go that should leave both clubs satisfied

You do realise that even if we get a pick in the 40s you will have enough points... Daicos won't be bid on until pick 3
I’m sorry, but unless you can see in to the future, you don’t know that. As such, having enough points to cover a bid at pick 1 is a necessary precaution.

I’m sorry, but unless you can see in to the future, you don’t know that. As such, having enough points to cover a bid at pick 1 is a necessary precaution.
Ha ha .. north won't bid and the plastics have already said they'll bid on Darcy at 2. And they will

Is it possible Sam Power let last years trade period go to his head? He did a great job and all the media were slapping his back over his efforts. Does he think he needs to win this trade? Some times you just don’t have the ‘hand’ in trade negotiations and he certainly has little to none here.

On the flip side this is Graham Wrights 1st trade period with us, so would want to get off to a good start with the club. Everyone knows this acquisition can be done cheaply. Paying overs wouldn’t be a good start.

Picks in the 40s are speculative rubbish.

I know you're a Collingwood supporter so I expected your comprehension to be an uphill battle but geez
Better than picks in the 50's or 60's which is what we will have to use if we don't have a few picks in the 40's. We will probably have to make at least 6 picks. Especially if we give the Dogs a pick in the 40's........... Which is ironic when they are speculative rubbish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back