Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

Dogs fans aren't disagreeing about the good currency because it's the lack of currency that most are disagreeing on. Besides, He's valued at roughly what butler & higgins at tigers are and they weren't best 22 in the year they were traded out either. (butler 0 games the year he was traded & higgins about the same amount of games Lippi had).
Butler was traded for 56 which is bang on. Higgins was a fair bit more from memory, one pick downgrade from 17 to 21 and another future second down to future 4th? Which the Tigers only really got because he was a former 1st round pick and only a couple of years in to his career.

What incentive to Collingwood have to pay more than 58?
SPS was traded to the Eagles for a pick in the 50’s and he was best 22 at his club, has played double the amount of games as Lipinski and was a former pick 6. The market price has been set, it’s up to the dogs to either accept it or he can walk to the PSD.
I fully expect Wright to stick to his guns here, just as he did against us at the Hawks last year when they offered a token pick for Phillips.

This is the price.

Same draft.
Same age.

One was best 22.
One wasn't in the best 25 GF day.

It's not that hard anything under 50 is overs.

We offered him a 3 year contract, he turned it down. Think that’s a fairly good indication that we wanted to keep him, no?
Don’t you find it conspicuous that there’s never been a number attached to this 3 year deal? I mean, 3 years at $150k isn’t exactly a strong indication that you’re desperate to keep him (as an example).

Don’t you find it conspicuous that there’s never been a number attached to this 3 year deal? I mean, 3 years at $150k isn’t exactly a strong indication that you’re desperate to keep him (as an example).
No idea. It’s irrelevant now anyway. We’ll get a pick in the 50s or walk him to the pre season.

Not really. They just want a slightly bigger piece of cake. The only reason its an issue for both clubs is because we both need the points.
As usual, the dogs will get the leftovers - whatever is left over at the end of the period, that's what they'll get - maybe it's 55 and 58, maybe just 58

As usual, the dogs will get the leftovers - whatever is left over at the end of the period, that's what they'll get - maybe it's 55 and 58, maybe just 58
I doubt we have the list spots to utilise both. Maybe we’re trying to see if we can flip 2 of those later pies picks into 1 with someone else but doubtful.

Even the rumoured pick 55 and 58 is speculation at this stage. The below article states 'Collingwood’s exact offer is not known'.

Trade HQ

Don't miss out on the headlines from Trade HQ. Followed categories will be added to My News.

The Western Bulldogs and Collingwood continue to haggle over Patrick Lipinski’s price in a deal that has the Pies with the strong whip hand given their pre-season draft position.

The Dogs are keen for a single higher draft pick but Collingwood at this stage has offered up a combination of selections that would make up a similar points value.

Collingwood’s exact offer is not known but handing over picks 55 and 58 would have the same points value as giving the Dogs the earlier pick 43.

The Dogs are keen for the earlier pick even though they might eventually use those picks for their points value to secure father-son Sam Darcy.

Despite their three-season offer the Dogs did not have inside midfielder Lipinski in their finals squads and have dropped him six times over his short career.

I have the thickest red, white and blue lenses on mate but you're absolutely kidding yourself if you think that the contract we offered him wasn't for anything other than posturing.
This. They probably offered a 10% bump in his current wages but I wouldn’t be surprised if the deal was something like $750k/3 years.

I don’t think the Pies gave him Jye Caldwell money ($500k a year) but he would be on about $400k which is a significant increase on top of the prospect of more regular playing time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's incorrect. We expect him to be traded for 1 or 2 picks in the 50s. G Wright doesn't seem to mess around or play games. He offers what he considers fair. That's why he tends to get deals done quickly rather than in the last 5 minutes. I have no doubt he isn't playing the 'PSD' threat at all.
This.

GW just on trade radio. Sounded like the PSD is a very real option but would prefer not too.

I reckon this goes down to the Final Hour IF he will be Traded.

Up to Dogs as Collinwood does not have to do anything really

GW just on trade radio. Sounded like the PSD is a very real option but would prefer not too.
Basically said (paraphrasing) that he had no intention of using the PSD and he had never had to use it before but he has never finished 2nd last before either. (I feel he payed a straight bat to the question)

Basically said (paraphrasing) that he had no intention of using the PSD and he had never had to use it before but he has never finished 2nd last before either. (I feel he payed a straight bat to the question)

Spot on. This is exactly how I heard it too. Mentioned good will and I felt like the PSD not really an option they intend take the deal to. Didn't totally rule it out (with the finishing 17th comment) but my gut is they don't think they will need too.

Spot on. This is exactly how I heard it too. Mentioned good will and I felt like the PSD not really an option they intend take the deal to. Didn't totally rule it out (with the finishing 17th comment) but my gut is they don't think they will need too.
I'm not sure if this is in the correct order but here are some quotes

"We’d like to feel comfortable for Pat to come to the club and not go down that route.”
“It’s always there, but to be honest I’ve never done that before,” said the long-time football administrator, before adding, “I haven’t been second last in the ladder either.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back