Traded Patrick Lipinski traded to Collingwood for Pick #43

Remove this Banner Ad

5minutes_of_Dew

Debutant
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Pick 55 or better for Max Lynch gets us back there (if it came to that).

Hawks will trade Ceglar and probably get a late 30's/early 40's pick for him factoring in the 50% salary coverage.

Then the Hawks take that pick and they slide some picks around with the pies for Lynch with the late 30's/early 40's + Hawthorn's 59 & 65 potentially to upgrade points for the pies and the hawks are unlikely to need pick 59/65 once all the trading is done and dusted due to list spots.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dogs supporter before drafted. Would probably love to stay but will be told to explore his options. His weakness can be overcome if he works on them but there's so many other players passing him or have passed him.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What’s his main weakness?
Main weakness is a bit too fold. Too slow to play outside. Not physical enough to play inside. That said his biggest strength is both his elite disposal in both in space and in congestion. If he can find some pace or become more physical in contests he'll become a genuine player.

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
Main weakness is a bit too fold. Too slow to play outside. Not physical enough to play inside. That said his biggest strength is both his elite disposal in both in space and in congestion. If he can find some pace or become more physical in contests he'll become a genuine player.

He has very similar traits to a bloke he debuted in the same game as (Harry Morrison). Harry has had a career best season so far and still i'd probably rate Lipinski as a better prospect long term. Shows where our list is at I guess. But Pat is a player who could add nicely to our rebuild as a 5-10 year option.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He has very similar traits to a bloke he debuted in the same game as (Harry Morrison). Harry has had a career best season so far and still i'd probably rate Lipinski as a better prospect long term. Shows where our list is at I guess. But Pat is a player who could add nicely to our rebuild as a 5-10 year option.
Lipinski’s lack of physicality is frustrating as he’s a pretty solid bloke now. Good size for a mid.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Would love to add him to the Hawks midfield. What would he cost?
straight swap for Chad.
I would love to get Chad if he was at all on the table and would happily use our first + Lipinski with something coming back the other way.
Hawks don't actually have a third rounder but have theirs and Collingwood's seconds. Right now that is probably overs but depending on how things finish up might be equitable.

Our first is at risk of being burnt on Darcy so we need to start banking second and third rounders anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HELMET!

Senior List
Jul 10, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He's a good size, has good skills and can hit the scoreboard as well. He looks far too good for vfl but can't nail down a spot in our midfield. Hasn't really ever had a chance as a full time mid due to a strong midfield but unless he becomes more physical he won't be a centre bounce mid. There's enough there for a team to make an afl player out of him.

I would think a mid-late second would be what we ask for, can see a team offering an early third. Whether any teams in that bracket are willing to pay that is another story.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I don't think physicality holds him back, he's more than physical enough to play an inside-outside link role - which is his go anyway. He's not a bullocking inside mid and never will be, but that's ok.

His problem is more his poor positioning and a lack of accountability. He struggles to get involved unless we're well on top, and then also loses his opponent far too often.

His ball use really is exceptional, but his direct opponent is frequently more impactful than he is. I'm not sold he makes it unfortunately.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Hearing his manager is pushing him to leave.

Think he would do really well at Collingwood or Hawthorn
It’s not surprising. It’ll be tough for him to leave given he’s a lifelong Dogs supporter but it’s needed for his career.

He’s unable to crack our midfield despite injuries to key players and he’s too slow to play in our forward line given our small and mediums need to be quick.

If he goes to a bottom 8 club I can see him easily carving out a solid 150-200 game career.

Ants

Premiership Player
Sep 27, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
Why he is out of contract and wouldn’t cost much Trade wise
He's probably not best 22 for us. Even though he'd be closer to our best 22 than yours, why come to us when at North/Hawthorn/Collingwood maybe he gets games straight away?

We desperately need depth, but coming as depth isn't an attractive proposition.

Rusty Beam

Premiership Player
Sep 30, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s not surprising. It’ll be tough for him to leave given he’s a lifelong Dogs supporter but it’s needed for his career.

He’s unable to crack our midfield despite injuries to key players and he’s too slow to play in our forward line given our small and mediums need to be quick.

If he goes to a bottom 8 club I can see him easily carving out a solid 150-200 game career.

Not too different to a player like Seedsman.

Couldn’t have found more of a diehard supporter, particularly with his great grandfather having played and been president of the club.

Ultimately leaving has turned out incredible for him.

I’d love Lipinski at the Pies. I’m not sure what currency we have to do the deal though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back