Player Watch Patrick Lipinski

Remove this Banner Ad

I am quietly confident that we've picked up a very good player here. From the fact the Dogs were offering him a 3-year deal (i think), and the way he seems to be going from all the training reports (much appreciated here!) he promises to be an important cog in our 2022. Fingers crossed.

I'm comfortable with Mr Kappa's 'wait and see' attitude, we've all seen numerous 'pre-season champions' come and go... As old mate Warren once said...“What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.”
Agree , have good hopes for him but he is entering his 6th year and has played progressively less games each season since his 2nd. Dogs were not overloaded through that whole time. I reckon he can become a permanent best 22 mid but whether he is more than a journeyman in that role is far from certain. Dont overload the expectations in the pre season

Agree , have good hopes for him but he is entering his 6th year and has played progressively less games each season since his 2nd. Dogs were not overloaded through that whole time. I reckon he can become a permanent best 22 mid but whether he is more than a journeyman in that role is far from certain. Dont overload the expectations in the pre season

Be prepared to get whacked for saying something so outrageous...

I am quietly confident that we've picked up a very good player here. From the fact the Dogs were offering him a 3-year deal (i think), and the way he seems to be going from all the training reports (much appreciated here!) he promises to be an important cog in our 2022. Fingers crossed.
I'm with you here, just trying to curb my optimism until we see him in action, training well is one thing but he wasn't best 22 at the Kennel, with the hand we had this year he was an astute pick up IMHO.

He appears to want it from all reports and we know he can play, to what level and with how much impact remains to be seen. Promising.

We didn't give up a great deal for him, a pick in the 40's I believe, if it doesn't work out no harm done, but if it does then we've got a good midfielder for a bargain.

Was Pick 43 we Traded

Was Pick 43 we Traded
Thanks mate I knew it was in the 40's just wasn't sure which pick, from what I've seen of him he has some pace can cover the ground and uses it pretty well and can hit the score board it's exactly the sort of player we need and he'll be given every opportunity to make it, I think he'll be ok to be honest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was never considered a good looking fella when he wore the Bulldogs colours. Black and white makes everyone look hotter. 50% of the time, it works every time.
This is true. I never even noticed him prior to him wanting to come to us lol Its definitely the colours that makes everyone look so much better.

This is true. I never even noticed him prior to him wanting to come to us lol Its definitely the colours that makes everyone look so much better.
From our club's very birth we have been considered different - in those early years we were said to represent the dregs of Melbourne with no redeeming features whatsoever.

Those stripes stood defiant and insisted that the slur was a lie - and proved it time and time again. Up until 1958 we were a behemoth - feared - and hated because we were feared.

Today there are none of the originals left but to us older ones raised on tales of the '20's and '30's and who grew up standing in the pouring rain in the outer at dear old Vic Park remember - not only the tales but the pride of what our club meant to family and community - and that it stood for insistence of equality.

These times are vastly different to those that have gone before but one thing remains unchanged . . .

EVERYONE looks sensational in the stripes . . .

From our club's very birth we have been considered different - in those early years we were said to represent the dregs of Melbourne with no redeeming features whatsoever.

Those stripes stood defiant and insisted that the slur was a lie - and proved it time and time again. Up until 1958 we were a behemoth - feared - and hated because we were feared.

Today there are none of the originals left but to us older ones raised on tales of the '20's and '30's and who grew up standing in the pouring rain in the outer at dear old Vic Park remember - not only the tales but the pride of what our club meant to family and community - and that it stood for insistence of equality.

These times are vastly different to those that have gone before but one thing remains unchanged . . .

I love it!

Nearly, but not quite everyone. images (1).jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back