Player Watch Patrick Lipinski

Remove this Banner Ad

He always looks decent on the stat sheet, but my god when the opposition midfield has a run on he's a complete training cone with no pace, his opponent constantly burst away from him and he couldn't apply any pressure.

Probably needs to move to half forward or something, he is not a pure midfielder.

Yep. I don't want to see him at any more centre bounces. His stats always look a lot better than the player I see out there.

I'd prefer Carmichael in the team to him if there's not room for both of them.

He always looks decent on the stat sheet, but my god when the opposition midfield has a run on he's a complete training cone with no pace, his opponent constantly burst away from him and he couldn't apply any pressure.

Probably needs to move to half forward or something, he is not a pure midfielder.
He and Ginnivan are looking increasingly vulnerable. One of them might get a reprieve with Maynard being injured.

He is VERY outside. Has to really work on body lining that ball much harder then he currently does, atm he looks scared of contact half the time.

He and Ginnivan are looking increasingly vulnerable. One of them might get a reprieve with Maynard being injured.

Ginnivan gave off a couple he could of kicked, including a Joe the goose early in the game.
Another where he went team play and squared the ball instead of having a shot.

He should of had that free kick.

But he needs time to adjust, also he was free and open on a few occasions only for Adams and Lipinski to go long to contest ultimately to Draper.

Ginnivan gave off a couple he could of kicked, including a Joe the goose early in the game.
Another where he went team play and squared the ball instead of having a shot.

He should of had that free kick.

But he needs time to adjust, also he was free and open on a few occasions only for Adams and Lipinski to go long to contest ultimately to Draper.

For someone who doesn't win his own footy or apply much pressure, a few half chances a game is not enough. Needs to be consistently kicking his 2 goals per game to be valuable.

For someone who doesn't win his own footy or apply much pressure, a few half chances a game is not enough. Needs to be consistently kicking his 2 goals per game to be valuable.

Yeah not sure I agree that he doesn't win his own footy.

He is playing fp, not midfield.

The ball barely came into our f50 in Q2 and 3, it was all Essendon that also was true if the first half of Q4.

He also roamed up and got rewarded the htb. Think he also keeps his opponent honest they don't typically run off him.
So while not a typical pressure player he isn't poor defensively either.

Lipinski must feel like he's won the lottery ending up at the Pies. He also covers a lot of ground and helps shape our width. A good role player
I bet he didn't think a team from last year he witnessed from a far would be heading into top 4 calculations 12 months later and he would be part of it so quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet he didn't think a team from last year he witnessed from a far would be heading into top 4 calculations 12 months later and he would be part of it so quickly.
Good on him and us. What a great year it's been for the club and he knows his role and does it well.

Good on him and us. What a great year it's been for the club and he knows his role and does it well.
The best kind of player. Unselfish, does whatever the team needs. What a year he is having. But I imagine team success overrides his career best year by miles and thats what he would be loving most of all. Being a part of a winning culture.

His kicking is a real strength, so I agree. Him on outside roles like a high flanker would be the best use of that skill.

Played there today and Looked Solid

Good game.

17 disposals @ 71%
1 goal
6 score involvments
6 tackles
5 clearances
2 goal assists
316 metres gained

His kicking was elite. Last two weeks has been quite strong.

Sure, it would be amazing if he had more pace or if he went slightly harder sometimes. But I love him for what he is. A fantastic finisher at goal, a great exponent of the forward handpass, and a brilliant kicker to advantage.
You appreciate players for their qualities. What they have, rather than what they don't have, and certainly what he brings is more than enough. We have players who are hard nuts, or have pace. But he has the skills, the great footy IQ and class and poise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back