Player Watch Patrick Lipinski

Remove this Banner Ad

ClaytonM

Premiership Player
Jan 20, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ah yes, because pointing out a player who has on averaged played 11 games per year... is a fringe player until he proves otherwise, is being negative. Take a deep breath and find something else to be outraged over.
OUTRAGED!!!!!! hardly.

I assume you are aware that on the glass half full / half empty scale, the vast majority of your posts sit at the 'dregs in the bottom of glass" end of the scale.

This conversation began when you responded to a positive comment with a negative one. Jmac70 called you out as a killjoy so I can only assume at least one other person saw the comment as on the negative side.

It was a simple observation, not outrage, although yourl negativity bent is tiresome at times.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
OUTRAGED!!!!!! hardly.

I assume you are aware that on the glass half full / half empty scale, the vast majority of your posts sit at the 'dregs in the bottom of glass" end of the scale.

This conversation began when you responded to a positive comment with a negative one. Jmac70 called you out as a killjoy so I can only assume at least one other person saw the comment as on the negative side.

It was a simple observation, not outrage, although yourl negativity bent is tiresome at times.
Some people apparently have had basement trapdoors installed in their glasses :roflv1:

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
OUTRAGED!!!!!! hardly.

Cool, now that's out of your system, how about we stick to the topic? Thanks.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair point. I see Lipinski and Krueger in a similar light. They both appear to be highly talented and were both deprived of opportunities at the previous respective clubs because of existing, and established, talent. Normally that's not necessarily a positive but given that each team played finals doesn't mean that each player is deficient. From what I have seen (and I acknowledge that that's been limited) I like what I see and fully expect that they will both be best 22 players in no time.
They all have one thing in common. They were rejects at their former club.

They all have one thing in common. They were rejects at their former club.

You know what they say, "one persons dirt is another man's treasure" Fingers crossed these two could be a real asset, just from mere lack of opportunity. It remains to be seen. Though there is a lot more focus on Lippa than Krueger at this point, given Lippa was our prized recruit. But I'm bullish on Krueger who is athletic and fit and pace. So we'll see.

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
You know what they say, "one persons dirt is another man's treasure" Fingers crossed these two could be a real asset, just from mere lack of opportunity. It remains to be seen. Though there is a lot more focus on Lippa than Krueger at this point, given Lippa was our prized recruit. But I'm bullish on Krueger who is athletic and fit and pace. So we'll see.
As soon as it's noted a player recruit has struggled to force their way into the top level at other clubs some people refuse to consider any other explanation but lack of talent.

We have more than a few on these boards who think that way.

Jun 10, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood
i’m hoping with Kreuzberg it’s just a case of growing into his body, injuries are a concern.

Lippa is a critical need for us, and we’ll see whether he can fit the game plan with hi Jack tackling pressure, speed and being tentative at the contest.

Jul 21, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
As soon as it's noted a player recruit has struggled to force their way into the top level at other clubs some people refuse to consider any other explanation but lack of talent.

We have more than a few on these boards who think that way.
FFS. According to you, we have so many of this type and that type on the board, some Johnny come earlies and Johnny never come at all types, but thankfully we only have one of you.

Last edited:

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Lippa has to prove himself like any recruit, he has a way to go, I do think from the hand we had he is an astute pick up, looks to have upside and has some handy highlights. Who knows if this might have been the year he broke into the Doggies midfield permanently.

Hoping we are the beneficiaries, sound like he is giving himself every chance.

Lippa has to prove himself like any recruit, he has a way to go, I do think from the hand we had he is an astute pick up, looks to have upside and has some handy highlights. Who knows if this might have been the year he broke into the Doggies midfield permanently.

The price we paid and everything considered in the last 10 years without playing a game, I would argue already he has been in our top 3 trades Adams and Howe being in front so far.

I'm amazed we went after him felt like the perfect selection that a Carlton or StKilda would get.

Well, he is doing himself no harm. He's definitely getting noticed that's for sure.
He has been the clear standout amongst the group.

Everything he does is at a high intensity, just giving and giving himself to every single contest or drill.

The price we paid and everything considered in the last 10 years without playing a game, I would argue already he has been in our top 3 trades Adams and Howe being in front so far.

I'm amazed we went after him felt like the perfect selection that a Carlton or StKilda would get.

Ahead of Crisp?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Easier to get a game at Collingwood than the Dogs.
Walk up starter for round 1.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ah yes, because pointing out a player who has on averaged played 11 games per year... is a fringe player until he proves otherwise, is being negative. Take a deep breath and find something else to be outraged over.
I don't think Lipinski has anything to prove. He is a midfielder that was playing for a club that is ridiculously loaded with midfielders to the point where one was pinch-hitting as a ruck and others are similarly played out of position.

He's a walk up start to most teams, particularly one that finished 17th. There, I added a little bit of a whack to Collingwood at the end there just to pique your interest.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think Lipinski has anything to prove. He is a midfielder that was playing for a club that is ridiculously loaded with midfielders to the point where one was pinch-hitting as a ruck and others are similarly played out of position.

He's a walk up start to most teams, particularly one that finished 17th. There, I added a little bit of a whack to Collingwood at the end there just to pique your interest.

We probably needed a re-invention of our midfield for a while now, so he came at the right time. Especially with those kind of skills.
Only point he may want to prove is to those that doubted his abilities to play midfield. Maybe also a little to himself, where he may have doubted himself over the years given he was never given the time and development in the role he knew he was made for.

Has the ability to play inside or outside. Grundy - Lippa - N.Daicos would fit quite well.

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood

I'm comfortable with Mr Kappa's 'wait and see' attitude, we've all seen numerous 'pre-season champions' come and go... As old mate Warren once said...“What we learn from history is that people don’t learn from history.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back