Player Watch Patrick Parnell - Contract Extension To End of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to see him up the ground a bit.

There is a bit of Caleb Daniel there.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
DBJ is who he reminds me of. Very similar playing style.

Hopefully he can get a sneaky AA at some point too lol.

Is he locked in as a career defender? What prospects does he further up the field?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on him, but I think he's too slight. He'll need to be absolutely elite with run and ball in hand to make it and I'm not seeing that yet.
Funny, a 20 year old with only a handful of games is not elite yet. Give him time to develop, what we’ve seen so far is a very clean player who makes good decisions with ball in hand and looks up to the level.

Re-signed to the end of 2024, at which time he'll be 22. Hopefully he'll look 18 by then and have some muscle on his skinny, underfed bones :grimacing:.

Just kiddin. :sneaky:

Parnell looks a footy player to me, but jeez we pick some scrawny, baby-faced kids don't we?

He's also only been in an elite environment for 18 months. Plenty of time to grow into his body.
Would be good if he could build up to a similar size to Caleb Daniel. Not sure it's a like for like though. Parnell doesn't look as well developed as Daniel was in 2014. Been watching his draft highlights and despite his size, Daniel was pretty cut as a junior. Parnell going to have a lot of work to do in the gym.

Would be good if he could build up to a similar size to Caleb Daniel. Not sure it's a like for like though. Parnell doesn't look as well developed as Daniel was in 2014. Been watching his draft highlights and despite his size, Daniel was pretty cut as a junior. Parnell going to have a lot of work to do in the gym.

I imagine one of the reasons he was overlooked in the draft. We do seem to like the immature ones with a lot of development to do to reach the level

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back