Patto_man sent home injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

why cant our batsmen ever get injuries? it would never be a stress fracture as they dont bat long enough but surely a 'fake' injury so we can bring in a replacement into the squad.

Not good for Patto. Has had a few of these. Goes to show bowling really effects younger players. If CA had any balls they would tell him to stop playing T20 and maybe even one dayers for a while and just concentrate on sheild cricket to build up the body. But then again that would mean a 2 month lay off over summer with no shield cricket being played.

Cricket A are far more likely to warn him off test cricket. The kids want to see Patto, a win, and be home by 9.

Patto's in the Ryan Harris class in regards to in injuries. Poor bugger. Bring Cummins over from SA to replace him then give him a Test later when we have to rest Harris.

I reckon Harris will be fine as there is a much longer break.

The problem is our bowlers don't get a rest during the game.

I'm a bit pissed that it is being reported that Pattinson was sore after the first test, WHY *ingG PLAY HIM.

At what point does CA look at WTF we're doing differently to everybody else around the world that causes our fast bowlers to have 1000% more injuries?

around the same time the ca look at what we're doing different to good test nations in general. so never.

Patto's in the Ryan Harris class in regards to in injuries. Poor bugger. Bring Cummins over from SA to replace him then give him a Test later when we have to rest Harris.

Cummins is in that injury class as well.

I would be saying to Cummins, just get through a full season of Shield cricket, before flinging him into a Test series.

Cummins is in that injury class as well.

I would be saying to Cummins, just get through a full season of Shield cricket, before flinging him into a Test series.

The problem is, Cummins is likely to get wickets in the Shield, and by the time we get to Australia we might be down to Coulter-Nile, McKay and Starc bowling for us. If he gets a 5 for you know they're going to include him, you'd rather him break down after a Test than after a Shield match. Ideally of course we'd do as you say but we wouldn't be able to afford it.

The problem is, Cummins is likely to get wickets in the Shield, and by the time we get to Australia we might be down to Coulter-Nile, McKay and Starc bowling for us. If he gets a 5 for you know they're going to include him, you'd rather him break down after a Test than after a Shield match. Ideally of course we'd do as you say but we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Well....I'd rather he not break down at all!

A season or even two of carefully managed Shield cricket might be what he needs to get the body up to the rigours of Test cricket.

We can't keep picking him on the back of a few hit and giggle games and then expect him to back up with 20-30 overs.

Well....I'd rather he not break down at all!

A season or even two of carefully managed Shield cricket might be what he needs to get the body up to the rigours of Test cricket.

We can't keep picking him on the back of a few hit and giggle games and then expect him to back up with 20-30 overs.

Yeah well look ideally we'd have all of our quicks playing a full Shield season (when not in Tests), plus County cricket in the winter. But instead we'll have a few games early in the year, then the 20 20 s**t then the rest of the season then half of them will go to the IPL.

Instead of having a maximum amount of overs per week that they can bowl (I believe this is what happens?) they should have a minimum, put work into them. Who really knows though, if the cricket coaches don't know how the * would I?

I reckon Harris will be fine as there is a much longer break.

The problem is our bowlers don't get a rest during the game.

I'm a bit pissed that it is being reported that Pattinson was sore after the first test, WHY *ingG PLAY HIM.

Some of them are batting for far longer than the batsmen as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pattinson showed balls of steel in his batting IMO. His resistance at Trent bridge and Lords was unbelievable . His bowling was alright apart from one bad spell at lords.

He bowled poorly besides one or two spells, IMO. Shame he wasn't able to perform to his best.

If he went in sore, it explains his terrible bowling at Lord's. Coupled with his first time playing at the ground.

A patto_man injury is always on the cards in a long tour.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013/content/current/story/654431.html

He also pretty much confirms that the short time between England's first and second innings was another trigger. Must have been a terrible feeling when his back started to get stiffer and stiffer as the innings wore on.

This is disappointing and this injury could of been entirely avoidable if the batters did their job.

Makes you realise how good Peter Siddle has been because he has not broken down at all.

I don't care how good a captain Clarke is, but if he causes the word "batsmen" to be replaced in the average Australian vocabulary with "batters" I'm calling for his head.

the new Gillespie with all the injuries
Worse than that, turning into the next Bruce Reid.

Fortunately we can actually cover him though, Bird and Starc are going to be just as useful, Bird a step up. The crazy thing at the moment the only players we can't cover are Harris and Siddle. The batsmen are crap and really you could insert a whole new batting line up and they'd do no worse, Haddin is still as crap as ever, if not worse judging by his effort in the second test and we still have no quality spinner.

Rodney Hogg mentioned on SEN the other day that respected Cricket Guru, Brendan McArdle sent a text to Hoggy during the Lords Test suggesting that Pattinson shouldn't have played the Test. McArdle is a confident of Pattinson having been his coach at Dandenong for many years. Draw the dots but it would appear he went into the match injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back