Solved Paul Denyer - Frankston Serial Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The doco on Stan brought back a lot of memories as a young fella who not only lived in frankston at the time but walked the track 10 mins before Nat did & likely had the prick watch me walk past (police implied this)….lucky I wasn’t a female I guess.

Denyer is pure evil & was programmed to kill & isn’t capable of rehabilitation. The cold & brutal nature of his murders validate that & his manipulative ways are still laid bare to be seen in his incarceration. Parole board will have the pressure of an entire state to do the right thing in 12 months time.

The doco on Stan brought back a lot of memories as a young fella who not only lived in frankston at the time but walked the track 10 mins before Nat did & likely had the prick watch me walk past (police implied this)….lucky I wasn’t a female I guess.

Denyer is pure evil & was programmed to kill & isn’t capable of rehabilitation. The cold & brutal nature of his murders validate that & his manipulative ways are still laid bare to be seen in his incarceration. Parole board will have the pressure of an entire state to do the right thing in 12 months time.

Yeah, he simply can't be released.

Having just finished listening to the Casefile Presents podcast on this case, I have to put the link in because it's excellent. There's new material in here and it follows on interviewing people who interacted with and got to know Denyer quite well through his incarceration. There's an explanation, given by Denyer himself as to why he faked identifying as female, he wasn't genuine. It was part of his plan in preparation for parole where he reasoned people would be fixated on that rather than his sickening crimes.

Award-winning crime writer Vikki Petraitis was on patrol with police the night the final murder took place. She wrote the bestselling book, The Frankston Murders, which has never been out of print. Vikki has revisited the case in a long-form podcast to remind the world why Denyer must never be released.

The Frankston Murders podcast uncovers new material and new victims stalked by Denyer in the lead-up to the killings. Vikki interviews prison guards, police officers, family members, and people caught in the periphery of a serial killer.

Having just finished listening to the Casefile Presents podcast on this case, I have to put the link in because it's excellent. There's new material in here and it follows on interviewing people who interacted with and got to know Denyer quite well through his incarceration. There's an explanation, given by Denyer himself as to why he faked identifying as female, he wasn't genuine. It was part of his plan in preparation for parole where he reasoned people would be fixated on that rather than his sickening crimes.

Award-winning crime writer Vikki Petraitis was on patrol with police the night the final murder took place. She wrote the bestselling book, The Frankston Murders, which has never been out of print. Vikki has revisited the case in a long-form podcast to remind the world why Denyer must never be released.

The Frankston Murders podcast uncovers new material and new victims stalked by Denyer in the lead-up to the killings. Vikki interviews prison guards, police officers, family members, and people caught in the periphery of a serial killer.

Mate. I listened to the last episode today.

Second you. It’s fantastic. It’s the best true crime podcast I’ve listened to.

To everyone out there into true crime, listen to this.

This pods been out for years though hasn’t it?

This pods been out for years though hasn’t it?

Spotify only released it on last Thursday. I follow Casefile and Casefile Presents, never seen it before. Vikki Petrakis is narrating and she's good at it.

You might be thinking of the podcast on Sarah McDiarmid.

Spotify only released it on last Thursday. I follow Casefile and Casefile Presents, never seen it before. Vikki Petrakis is narrating and she's good at it.

You might be thinking of the podcast on Sarah McDiarmid.

Actually I think I’m mixing it up with the Denyer doco on Stan “No Mercy, No Remorse”. Prob a good watch now you’ve done the podcast. A chilling insight into Denyer the man.

A very well done podcast. Vicki Petrattis is very thorough, just like in her book. I have only listened to the last two eps. In regards to Denyer life should be life in his case without a single doubt.

Right. This fn prick murdered multiple innocent girls and this dumb justice system even talks about parole.

This country is so *ing strict on everything except the worst crime of all, taking someones life.

Murderers can be out in 15 or 20. It`s not right.
So many blokes have committed murder whilst on parole.

If we let him out I genuinely hope someone does him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I think I’m mixing it up with the Denyer doco on Stan “No Mercy, No Remorse”. Prob a good watch now you’ve done the podcast. A chilling insight into Denyer the man.

Being 10 parts, the podcast is able to dive a lot deeper into certain parts than the doco. Being from that part of Melbourne at the time the descriptions of places really bring back memories.

Those poor families waiting for their loved ones who never came home. The uncle and auntie seeing the police activity at night in the park over their fence, wondering whether it had something to do with their missing niece. Absolutely horrific.

I was 18 at the time and lived about a kilometre from where Natalie was murdered. Podcast was excellent and also bought back memories. My GF at the time went to Uni in Bundoora and was late getting home on the train one night. I remember being very worried as there was no phones and ways to contact people then.

He wont be released.

Being 10 parts, the podcast is able to dive a lot deeper into certain parts than the doco. Being from that part of Melbourne at the time the descriptions of places really bring back memories.

Those poor families waiting for their loved ones who never came home. The uncle and auntie seeing the police activity at night in the park over their fence, wondering whether it had something to do with their missing niece. Absolutely horrific.
I lived in Seaford, was 16 at the time & literally walked down the track 10-15 mins before Nat, (was a year below her at school) so Denyer saw me walk by & when giving a statement the following Monday, was told by the detective I was lucky I was a male. Eerie s**t.

Debbie Fream’s car was also dumped around the corner from my parents the weeks prior, so personally there was quite a ripple effect felt from his war path.

Last edited:
Understand fully why the families and a lot of people (particularly around Frankston, unless you were around there or know people who were at the time it's hard to explain) would be on tenterhooks right now, but there is no way he is ever released.

It’s all well and good to have the moral outrage in regard to Denyer being released on parole but we need to remember that judges need to interpret law and apply it. I don’t want to see him released but if a judge at some stage sees expert recommendations that he is rehabilitated and no longer a threat to society than that’s the law.

If we disagree with it, then we must as a collective lobby/petition for changes to the law, which I think will happen.

It’s all well and good to have the moral outrage in regard to Denyer being released on parole but we need to remember that judges need to interpret law and apply it. I don’t want to see him released but if a judge at some stage sees expert recommendations that he is rehabilitated and no longer a threat to society than that’s the law.

If we disagree with it, then we must as a collective lobby/petition for changes to the law, which I think will happen.
In the podcast they quoted some of the Judge's sentencing comments, which IIRC and paraphrasing, mentioned the future is unknown and that there may be some kind of 'cure' down the track, which we were unaware of in 1993/4.

In the podcast they quoted some of the Judge's sentencing comments, which IIRC and paraphrasing, mentioned the future is unknown and that there may be some kind of 'cure' down the track, which we were unaware of in 1993/4.

I know it’s always dangerous to look back at historical comments with todays knowledge but that seems pretty ridiculous.

A few facts for you; In the trial of PD he was given 3 whole life sentences never to be released. The judge sentenced him never to be released. PD appealed that sentence and was given 30 years on the success of the appeal.
PD has not been released as yet, he has applieed for parole now for the second time in as many years.
There is a lot of lobbying against PD being ranted parole hence the articles in the press atm.

Articles like this are just for clicks folks, don't fall for it , get with the times, denyer won't be released anytime soon

Yep, they are just winding up the masses for the clicks. He can apply for parole as many times as he wants, but they will not let him out for a long, long time yet...if ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back