AndyLucimitis

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Was at a BBQ the other week where a mate brought up the name Paul Hurst.

One of my great memories as a 7 year old is standing down on the fence in the 72 Grand Final watching him and my other heroes pound Richmond into the turf.

... those were the days :)

Anyway, this guy said that Paul Hurst was Allan Hurst's brother - ex. Vic and Australian Fast Bowler from the '70's.

Can anyone confirm this ??

PS: Also remember Paul Hurst having a bit of a dubious post-football life with some criminal charges or something ??

Was at a BBQ the other week where a mate bought up the name Paul Hurst.

One of my great memories as a 7 year old is standing down on the fence in the 72 Grand Final watching him and my other heroes pound Richmond into the turf.

Anyway, this guy said that Paul Hurst was Allan Hurst's brother - ex. Vic and Australian Fast Bowler from the '70's.

PS: Also remember Paul Hurst having a bit of a dubious post-football life with some criminal charges or something ??

No he wasn't Alan Hurst's brother. He was recruited from Sandhurst FC, one of the great feeder clubs in the Bendigo FL and wore No. 33 and was a left footer.

Sandhurst over the yrs. has produced many great Carlton players including Hurst, Southby, Keogh, Walsh, Hartney, Sexton ... just to name a few !!!

Not sure if he any post football problems, as I have never heard of that before.

Was at a BBQ the other week where a mate brought up the name Paul Hurst.

I cannot confirm it but if this link is to Paul, http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2008/05/25/1211653847192.html

then I am pleased he has got rid of the sideburns. http://www.blueseum.org/tiki-index.php?page=Paul+Hurst:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back